Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally Done

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I like the way Idzik handles the media. Excellent. You'd expect that from an operator. Very cold, very business-like. No surprise there.

I don't like the way Idzik hasn't done anything in free agency.

I don't like the way Idzik got only one pick in the Revis trade.

The jury's out on Idzik's drafting ability.

So far, what we've seen is going according to what we were told before we took him as the last-pick-for-dodgeball. Let's see how the draft goes. That's the key to everything.

SAR I
    Well he got 2 picks.

All League
    Like most others on site, I am disappointed to see Revis go and disappointed that we didn't recieve more compensation. I don't blame Idzik. He had little choice in this matter since Woody was not willing to pay Revis. I have no doubt, under less than ideal circumstances, Idzik maximized the compensation as much as was possible.

Look at it this way:
    If you were a GM, would you trade a 1st this year and a 3rd or 4th next year on a one year rental for a player? That's exactly what the Jets would have done had they not traded Revis.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    We'll probably get a 4th for Landry base on the fact that the guy made the probowl the season we lost him.
    A 4th would be nice - but I don't think his accomplishments with us matter, only his new contract and (to a lesser extent) what he accomplishes with his new team.

Landry signed for $6m per, so he's our best bet. Devito is about $4m per year, Greene $3.33. No word on Keller. Bell was under $1m, so probably a 7th at best, and I don't know what Slauson got, but I doubt it was a lot.

I did want this, but I am disappointed that we only got 1 pick this year.

A better GM would have gotten a 1 and a 3 or 4 this season, not next.

SAR I
    Explain to me what our leverage was?

Oh wait, its SAR and no matter what happens he is a negative SOJF. Move on everybody, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Well he got 2 picks.
    It's SAR. He has problems dealing with reality.

I cant put in words how disappointed I am in what Idzik has done ever since he stepped his feet into this building. So far he has cut / traded away about our whole Defense.

I like the way Idzik handles the media. Excellent. You'd expect that from an operator. Very cold, very business-like. No surprise there.

I don't like the way Idzik got only one pick in the Revis trade.

The jury's out on Idzik's drafting ability.

So far, what we've seen is going according to what we were told before we took him as the last-pick-for-dodgeball. Let's see how the draft goes. That's the key to everything.

SAR I
    I agree with what i highlighted SAR. Thursday canít come soon enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Are you sh*ttin' me?

Pretty hard to splurge in FA when you have no money.

Especially when your dogsh*t failure of a QB is eating up $14 million a year.

All League
    I did want this, but I am disappointed that we only got 1 pick this year.

SAR I
    You can always want more, just remember Buc's were bidding against themselves. Jets could not risk letting him walk for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveh919 View Post
    Complete laughing stock. Way to go Woody.
    44 yrs of losing

You have literally zero clue what draft picks hold what value yet you feel confident saying something like this...

Idzik essentially guaranteed that it would be a 3rd next year... That's like getting a mid 4 in this years draft... So had he gotten a 1 and a 4 this season, great move by Idzik... The same exact value is there with the trade that happened but you'd consider the former to be a better move...

SAR logic

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    top that off with the fact that with comp picks the jets will have 12 picks in 2014 and have a ton of cap space....this with 2 number one's in the 2013 draft...this bodes well for the jets in 2013 and beyond....how the heck can anyone complain about that...makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    Agreed, although no one likes to see a top player go, this team needs to re-tool all the while requiring to get faster and younger, so that means draft picks.

I must come clean by saying that i was dead set against trading Revis when i first heard the rumors. But when you look at the situation un-emotionally, I concluded that;

A- Best-bet, the Jets will be a .500 team in 2013 so how will having an expensive cornerback on our roster made us better?

B- Last year, the Jet defense sans Revis did rather well thank you very much...maybe this Rex Ryan guy is a pretty good defensive coordinator after all!

C- Revis is a selfish player. He will continue to hold the Jet front office hostage for more and more money, year after year. so why put up with his bull? Maybe by ridding themselves of Revis, the Jets rid themselves of one of their Circus acts?

D- Heís not a leader.

The ball is now in Idzikís court.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Are you sh*ttin' me?

Pretty hard to splurge in FA when you have no money.

Especially when your dogsh*t failure of a QB is eating up $14 million a year.
    + 10000000

You can't clean up a previous regime's sh*t in just 2 months since you sat down.

It's funny we've been evaluating him right now. Give it AT LEAST a year, which I feel is still too short to judge a GM.

We're setting us up for next year. Why wouldn't we want that 3rd for next year. It's when we get comp picks so its better trade value to trade up.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    I cant put in words how disappointed I am in what Idzik has done ever since he stepped his feet into this building. So far he has cut / traded away about our whole Defense.
    And most of them were OLD. What would you have liked to see him do, in the realm of realism, to get the Jets closer to a championship? The jury is out on if the rebuild will be effective, but it was necessary, and delaying it would have only caused more damage.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    top that off with the fact that with comp picks the jets will have 12 picks in 2014 and have a ton of cap space....this with 2 number one's in the 2013 draft...this bodes well for the jets in 2013 and beyond....how the heck can anyone complain about that...makes no sense.
    Comp picks are all well and good, but if they're the 6th / 7th round variety, you're not going to get a lot out of them.

Hall Of Fame
    I say we go right after him in the opener.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I guess you missed the one losing season in the last 5 years and the other successes of the jetc over the years....it's this idiotic attitude that seperates some jets fans from others....thank GOD I am one of the rational die hard fans who is excited about the NOW.

I cannot go around as a fan touting 44 years of losing...if you were a browns fan I guess you would be committing suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    44 yrs of losing

If he took an unguaranteed contract with TB then you have to assume he would have here. I'm sorry, I was all for trading him when the rumored deal was 96m with 50m guaranteed. That makes him completely uncuttable AND untradeable at any time. But 96m unguaranteed would leave us holding all the cards at any time. If he does't perform well because of the knee, cut him with no cap ramification. If he becomes a pain holding out or anything, trade him with no cap implication. If his play declined in year 4, cut him with no cap implication. Bottom line the 4th rounder is not one you can predict. Maybe it will be good, maybe not. 50/50 at best. So it really becomes Revis fir the 13th overall. There is not a player at 13 that is as good as Revis, nor even has the talent of Revis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    From schefter:
    Trade official: Darrelle Revis passed physical. Bucs send 1st in 2013 and conditional 4th in 2014 that could be 3rd to Jets. More on ESPNews

I thought we would get more! Not happy
    Same, but who knows? He might not be the same player. If he is....then at least he's in the NFC, time to move on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I say we go right after him in the opener.
    +1

How awesome would it be if we took a guy like Austin with the 13th pick and then he burns Revis right out of the gate?

The stadium would go apesh*t.