Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Finally Done

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Spinning this as "we have 2 first round picks!" is ridiculous.

We just traded a Hall Of Fame talent and a Top 10 NFL player for a 22 year old pick out of the Top 10 in a draft that is known to be the weakest in years.

I'm in agreement that we had to get rid of Revis while he could still give us something of value; the issue is that we didn't get enough for him. A better GM would have played better hardball. Our rookie operations manager faux GM went from negotiating the price the Seahawks paid for toilet paper in their training facility to negotiating the deal for one of the Top 10 players in the league and is in over his head.

SAR I
    But you'd rather have a pick in this so called "weak" draft than a pick in next year's "strong" draft. OK.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if this has been posted yet.

Darrelle Revis ‏@Revis24
    I been sitting around for the last hour trying to figure out what to say to the Jet Nation & I came up with this. The six years I played for

Darrelle Revis ‏@Revis24
    the New York Jets were unbelievable. I put my body on the line everyday & did everything could to help the team win. I experienced a lot &

Darrelle Revis ‏@Revis24
    & learned a lot. The memories I had in New York I will keep dearly to my heart. I want to thank all the jets fans for making me feel welcome

Darrelle Revis
    @Revis24
    Cornerback for the Bucs. #BucNation
    Revis Island

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone saying Revis is foregoing 'guaranteed' money this year in this deal is insane.

First, Revis was under contract this season to the Jets for $6 mill...that was all.

Now, if he is on the roster in TB at the opening of the season, he is guaranteed $16 mill, or $10 mill more than he was going to make here... with us...because we had already pumped money to Revis in prior guarantees. Kinda sounds like $10 mill guaranteed to me. All he did was shift the risk assumed to surviving pre-season rather than surviving the regular season and pocketed $10 million in the process.

All of this for a guy coming off a torn ACL...all he has to do is make the opening day roster in TB and he pockets $10 mill over what he would have made with the Jets...for doing the same thing and surviving the same preseason.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Yes, you fail. No news there.

He wrangled a first out of him this year.
    "Wrangled a first"?

That was a given, that was the expectation if we did this deal back in February. The reason that this was dragging on, supposedly, is because the shrewd and dastardly Idzik was diabolically planning a strategy to extract top value for the future Hall Of Famer, a Top 10 player in the NFL, a proven all pro, the one guy who can shut down Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, and Drew Brees 6x a season.

My mother could have negotiated a pick out of the Top 10 in a weak draft and a maybe pick for 2014. The Great John Idzik is exactly what the pundits said he was- a desperation GM pick by a team that no one wanted to run. He's an operations manager in over his head.

God help us.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Where were these guys last offseason saying that the Texans GOT FLEECED, they GAVE Mario Williams away. How could they let a top 5 defensive player in the league go FOR NOTHING.

We got a 1st round pick for someone who we didnt want to pay to be here - thats a steal.
    Isn't he also one of the many talking heads that said the Jets have no leverage and Tampa should hold out for a while and give them nothing?

Truth is the Jets had very little leverage and they got a great deal.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Nothing? You get a 1st in '13 and potentially a '14 3rd.

You can, if you want, trade down in the 1st and pick up additional pick(s).
    And how many of our picks, 1st or otherwise, have turned out to be Revis quality. F'in stupid trade.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Sardouche at it again.....pathetic.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Lay off the name calling

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    $16 million AND no state income tax in Florida.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    And how many of our picks, 1st or otherwise, have turned out to be Revis quality. F'in stupid trade.
    You're completely wrong. But hey, don't let that stop you. What was your alternative, Oh Genius GM? What were the Jets going to use as leverage with the one team that they had a trade possibility?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Youd rather we be 8 and 8 with Revis?

i don't like it...I understand it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    $16 million AND no state income tax in Florida.
    Please move to politics forum....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Wrangled a first"?

That was a given, that was the expectation if we did this deal back in February. The reason that this was dragging on, supposedly, is because the shrewd and dastardly Idzik was diabolically planning a strategy to extract top value for the future Hall Of Famer, a Top 10 player in the NFL, a proven all pro, the one guy who can shut down Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, and Drew Brees 6x a season.

My mother could have negotiated a pick out of the Top 10 in a weak draft and a maybe pick for 2014. The Great John Idzik is exactly what the pundits said he was- a desperation GM pick by a team that no one wanted to run. He's an operations manager in over his head.

God help us.

SAR I
    Bit melodramatic, no?

I don't think you're usual stuff is schtick...I think Sanchez has been given a raw deal, and may still be able to turn things around...but here? You're just wrong.

TB and Revis actually designed, for whatever reason, a contract that the NYJ would NEVER agree to.

The NYJ already had Revis signed, under contract, to play for $6 mill this year...since all of the prior guarantees were already paid.

Does anyone think that the NYJ would have voluntarily offered to pay Revis another $10 mill for this season, coming off an ACL injury with no future contract guarantees? really?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

We just traded a Hall Of Fame talent and a Top 10 NFL player for a 22 year old pick out of the Top 10 in a draft that is known to be the weakest in years.

I'm in agreement that we had to get rid of Revis while he could still give us something of value; the issue is that we didn't get enough for him. A better GM would have played better hardball. Our rookie operations manager faux GM went from negotiating the price the Seahawks paid for toilet paper in their training facility to negotiating the deal for one of the Top 10 players in the league and is in over his head.

SAR I
    More stupidity.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets did not get top value for Revis they barely got fair value for him. #13 pick this year and a potential 4th or 3rd next year???? We are giving up the best CB in the game for crap shoot draft picks; Izdik got schooled here and took months of debating only to get shafted.

1st & 3rd this year should have been a given with a late round pick next year. Izdik better be better at drafting then he is at working out trades because he accomplished nothing special on this deal.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    The problem with your logic is that we may have gotten nothing for him if Idzik played "better hardball". Then what? The trade market was sparse; clearly we got max value from the available players (Bucs and ...?). It's not like we were waiting for a worse offer. Sometimes you have to take your medicine.

Would I like more? Sure. Was it coming from anywhere? Obviously not, so here we are. I will miss the player but not his drama.
    Last edited by shevys; 04-21-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR, this was a cold calculated business decision. It's Game Theory really, when it comes down to the timing, compensation and negotiation of this deal. I think Idzik played this well. The market really only provided one potential trading partner and the Jets and Bucs both knew that. Looking at the kinds of compensation that other guys have been traded for (ie Percy Harvin) I think it's a major accomplishment to get what we got. If Revis played on the 4-12 Jets this year and then walked as FA in 2014 it would have been a colossal failure.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    New GM.Maybe he'll be the greatest draft guy of all time

He wasn't going to be here next yr. don't you get it? Woody wasn't going to pay Revis what Revis and his agents wanted.

Seriously, can't people grasp that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Wrangled a first"?

God help us.

SAR I
    new day

same old lame schtick

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Wrangled a first"?

God help us.

SAR I
    I remember my first beer....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Revis for one.