Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 296

Thread: Finally Done

  1. #201
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    How?
    http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary.html

    New York Jets Salary Cap
    2013

    NFL Salary Cap Limit: $123,000,000
    Jets Estimated Total: $118,213,761
    Jets Adjusted Cap: $126,400,000
    Current Estimated Cap Space: $8,186,239

    Yes, there’s $8,186,239, but some of that money needs to be alloacted to the 2013 draft class.
    Right and they have plenty of '14 room that could have been used to structure a deal, if they waned to. They didn't.

  2. #202
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Even if it was a straight up trade for the 13th overall pick, you'd hear no complaints out of me.
    THIS.

    Totally happy w/ the 1st and 4th (possible 3rd).

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Depends how long he'd play on that "no guarantee" contract. I say it gets redone if he proves he's healthy this year.
    THIS. If he does well this year, expect a hold out next year.

  3. #203
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    can't see the future but I am very pleased with whats happening now.



    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    we need to find our franchise QB or all those picks are worthless

  4. #204
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Right and they have plenty of '14 room that could have been used to structure a deal, if they waned to. They didn't.
    Ironically, if Tampa chooses to go the whole "release him and then resign him" route, the Jets can swoop in and grab him.

  5. #205
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    330
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
    Me too.
    No idea what the heck I am going to wear next year... just threw a bunch out.

    Time to go with a throwback I guess.

  6. #206
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    +1
    These fans are like martyrs. I don't know why they even watch the games. I wonder what they would have to say if Tampa backed out of the deal & we all watched Revis ride off into the sunset in 2014 leaving us with a 3rd round comp pick.
    The same posters that were spewing that the Jets would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick are biatching about getting a 1st & probably 3rd in 2014.
    I'm excited for TWO picks this Thursday.... Let's build a team.

  7. #207
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    1st this year 3rd next year. Which is actually a 4th but with the language of the trade it's a 3rd.

  8. #208
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Ironically, if Tampa chooses to go the whole "release him and then resign him" route, the Jets can swoop in and grab him.
    I jokingly posted that earlier in one of these threads.

  9. #209
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tmertz View Post
    No idea what the heck I am going to wear next year... just threw a bunch out.

    Time to go with a throwback I guess.
    That's why I wear NAMATH

  10. #210
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,308
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's only one scenario in which this is a good trade for Tampa:

    They're banking on winning the Super Bowl this season, then they can cut Revis. A 1, a 4 and $16 million for one year are worth if for the rings. But that ain't happening. They're going to regret it big time when he's holding out next summer.

  11. #211
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Right and they have plenty of '14 room that could have been used to structure a deal, if they waned to. They didn't.
    True, but the issue really comes down to whether or not you want your CB to be your highest paid player on your team.
    Maybe 2014’s cap space will be used to buy next year's top-tier QB free-agent, if there is one that is.

  12. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    There's only one scenario in which this is a good trade for Tampa:

    They're banking on winning the Super Bowl this season, then they can cut Revis. A 1, a 4 and $16 million for one year are worth if for the rings. But that ain't happening. They're going to regret it big time when he's holding out next summer.
    Why would he hold out? He's got 16 million reasons not to, year in and year out.

    Tampa cut themselves a hell of a deal here.

  13. #213
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    exactly.....the very same posters are now complaing.



    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    +1
    These fans are like martyrs. I don't know why they even watch the games. I wonder what they would have to say if Tampa backed out of the deal & we all watched Revis ride off into the sunset in 2014 leaving us with a 3rd round comp pick.
    The same posters that were spewing that the Jets would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick are biatching about getting a 1st & probably 3rd in 2014.

  14. #214
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,474
    Post Thanks / Like
    People once again let's think this through. If he is a shell of himself we get a 1st and a 4th for a broken player. That is awesome. If he is close to his old form he will holdout for a boatload of guaranteed cash. TB either cuts him or pays him, and assuming he played well I think they'd cave. So then you have a massive deal once again and we still win, this time with a 3rd. Some posters on here are so dense.

  15. #215
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    its why I wear an authentic Wes Walker jersey



    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    That's why I wear NAMATH

  16. #216
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Why would he hold out? He's got 16 million reasons not to, year in and year out.

    Tampa cut themselves a hell of a deal here.
    its not guarenteed so if he tears up his knee again he aint getting no money

  17. #217
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,328
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look... if we didn't make a trade now he would have left us next year with our dick in our hand.

    We have 2 first round picks!

  18. #218
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,259
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Why would he hold out? He's got 16 million reasons not to, year in and year out.

    Tampa cut themselves a hell of a deal here.
    These 2 statements in the same post are a prime example of your stupidity, and urge to rile up Jets fans.

    Please mods?

  19. #219
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Explain to me what our leverage was?

    Oh wait, its SAR and no matter what happens he is a negative SOJF. Move on everybody, nothing to see here.
    Our leverage was that we had a future Hall of Fame CB on the roster that didn't need to go anywhere let alone to a team that thinks its a player or two from making big noise in the NFC.

    I fail to see why getting a 3rd rounder this year was so hard for Idzik to wrangle out of Tampa, why it had to wait until next year.

    SAR I

  20. #220
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Shocked...The bottom line is [the Jets] did not get very much...the Bucs really stole him"

    -Sal Paolantonio

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us