Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally Done

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Plus this.....
    Where is this coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Are you kidding me?

Revis is a mercenary

You really think the Bucs would cut him and risk him signing with some team with $50+ million in cap space next year, all over the difference between a 3rd round pick and a 4th round pick?

That's laughable
    He'd be like what Oakland is offering 17 mil a year see ya.

Thank you Tampa. FU Darelle.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    This amazes me more then anything. The value on the chart of what TB offered wasnt half of what we got. It equaled like the 24 pick I think. We could very well trade down and get a 1st and 2nd or 2 1st out of it still. A top 16 pick is not easy to get and is unprecedented value on a CB trade.
    The 9th and 13th picks this year seem to be the fundamental building block of whatever Idzik's rebuilding plan is. We will find out on draft day. Really, I CAN'T WAIT.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    are you kidding...two months ago we would have been happy getting a 2nd round pick....this was a great move by the jets.

Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    From schefter:
    Trade official: Darrelle Revis passed physical. Bucs send 1st in 2013 and conditional 4th in 2014 that could be 3rd to Jets. More on ESPNews

I thought we would get more! Not happy

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post
    I like the two early picks we can address the o and defense. No upfront money but uncle sean and mevis can be cut and not get nothing, but they can always hold out.......

Mevis fed the Jets for 40 million for 1.5 seasons played I usually side with the players but not on this one. 3 more yrs and he is holding out again or cut
    3 more years?

More like 1 or 2

As soon as the Texans make JJ Watt the highest paid defender in the league, Revis and his agents will come running back to the bargaining table.

So am I right in thinking that the Jets are getting

TB's 2013 1st
    2014 3rd/4th
    and 4 compensatory picks, 2 per year.

If that's true than the Jets have 20 draft picks over the next two years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Where is this coming from?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He'd be like what Oakland is offering 17 mil a year see ya.
    Exactly

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    I will take the 1st round pick in 2013 and the 4th in 2014 and Mevis blows out his knee.
    Classy.

So am I right in thinking that the Jets are getting

TB's 2013 1st
    2014 3rd/4th
    and 4 compensatory picks, 2 per year.

If that's true than the Jets have 20 draft picks over the next two years.
    Why the 4 compensatory picks, 2 per year?

Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    Why the 4 compensatory picks, 2 per year?
    IndianaJEt put it down

Plus this.....

Quote:
    Meanwhile, New York is positioning itself well for the 2014, when the Jets are expected to receive four compensatory picks to go along with the Buccaneers' likely third-round choice, meaning the Jets will have a bounty of picks to try to turn around their roster.

Hall Of Fame
    IF Revis is on the Bucs roster at the start of the 2014 league year...the pick becomes a 3rd round pick....that aint bad.

Quote Originally Posted by nuu faaola View Post
    Would like to know what triggers the fourth into a third. Does he have to start 10 games? Make the Pro Bowl? Or do they have to win the division? Or something in between?

How high or low the bar on that is will impact my feelings on the trade.

Thumbs up

IndianaJEt put it down

Plus this.....

Quote:
    Meanwhile, New York is positioning itself well for the 2014, when the Jets are expected to receive four compensatory picks to go along with the Buccaneers' likely third-round choice, meaning the Jets will have a bounty of picks to try to turn around their roster.
    Thanks

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Just two picks? TWO?!

I am a very optimistic person, but the chances are this will go down as the worst trade in history. We will not know until we draft the players, and then years later, but the law of averages says we will not get back anything close to his impact.

I'll be hoping and praying those picks turn into something good, but man, just two?! Wow. To return the impact, we'd need a HIGH impact player with one of those 1st rounders. And in today's NFL, that's QB. Wow... no way to tell yet, but not impressed.

Oh... wait...

Okay... well, that's better. I've been a 30+ year fan of this team, but if all we got for him was 2 picks, only one of which was a 1, I would've been pretty close to giving up on this club. At least there's some light there. Winners never give up their best for nothing... if they give them up, they get back in return. Glad we'll at least have more chances to get something good.
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 04-21-2013 at 05:34 PM.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    This was a great trade. We just scored a first round pick for an injured malcontent.

There's not much more a rebuilding team could ask for.
    Damn right. I loved him as a player, but this guy could care less he bankrupted the Jets, just as long as he got his. I was tired of his antics.

All League
    Charter JI Member

IndianaJEt put it down

Plus this.....

Quote:
    Link....read at the bottom of the article:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...caneers-source

Expecting the Jets to get 4 comp picks next year as a result of the free agent defections this year.

So next year Jets have their normal 1-7 picks
    Additional pick from Tampa (likely a 3)
    Plus expected to get 4 comp picks.

Thats 12 total picks in 2014 with a ton cap space coming off the books for free agents.

Hall Of Fame
    Bro I am still scratching my head as to why people here thinks this deal is bad.....are they actually thinking lol

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Then it's basically guaranteed that we get their 3rd rounder next year.

How is this a bad deal?

A Top 15 pick as well as a 3rd rounder in 2014 for a CB coming off ACL surgery who was going to walk after this year anyway.

Again, why are people pissed about this?

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Wow. This was fantastic for the Bucs on every level.
    How is it fantastic? No guaranteed money means he will be holding out as early as next season.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    Just two picks? TWO?!

I am a very optimistic person, but the chances are this will go down as the worst trade in history. We will not know until we draft the players, and then years later, but the law of averages says we will not get back anything close to his impact.

I'll be hoping and praying those picks turn into something good, but man, just two?! Wow. To return the impact, we'd need a HIGH impact player with one of those 1st rounders. And in today's NFL, that's QB. Wow... no way to tell yet, but not impressed.

Oh... wait...

Okay... well, that's better. I've been a 30+ year fan of this team, but if all we got for him was 2 picks, only one of which was a 1, I would've been pretty close to giving up on this club. At least there's some light there.
    Guess you're about to give up on the Jets. Hate to break it to you but those comp picks don't have a thing to do with the Revis trade. The comp picks would be from Jet FAs lost.