Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Gruden's QB Camp/ Tyler Bray

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Gruden's QB Camp/ Tyler Bray

    Anyone seen this show. Kid has all the talent in the world, but is either over confident in his arm or not the brightest Bulb in the socket. You can't convince me this kid is not worth a 3rd or 4th round pick.

    I think the kid has all the talent of a Franchise QB, but needs to sit on the bench for 2 yrs until he grows up and starts studying .

    How much longer do u think David Garrard can play.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,474
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Anyone seen this show. Kid has all the talent in the world, but is either over confident in his arm or not the brightest Bulb in the socket. You can't convince me this kid is not worth a 3rd or 4th round pick.

    I think the kid has all the talent of a Franchise QB, but needs to sit on the bench for 2 yrs until he grows up and starts studying .

    How much longer do u think David Garrard can play.
    I think you and I are the only ones still left on the Bray train. I would take him in the 4th.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want someone with heart 1st and for most. I just dont think Brey is that guy. To me he is Sanchez all over again only more talented. Yeah you heard me I think more of Brey coming out of school then I ever did of Sanchez. Talent wise may be the 3rd best QB in this draft. I also just dont want anther underclassman just in it to get paid. Heart wise I'd rather see Matt McGloin, Sean Renfree, Jeff Tuel, Colby Cameron, Brad Sorensen, Dayne Crist, or Colby Cameron walk on as UDFA. I really hope this team is targeting Barkley, Nessib, or Glennon. Anyone of them would be huge upgrades for us at QB. Please no Manuel.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Anyone seen this show. Kid has all the talent in the world, but is either over confident in his arm or not the brightest Bulb in the socket. You can't convince me this kid is not worth a 3rd or 4th round pick.

    I think the kid has all the talent of a Franchise QB, but needs to sit on the bench for 2 yrs until he grows up and starts studying .

    How much longer do u think David Garrard can play.
    Saw that show today and was ready to post about it right away.I don't like him, he still has a so what attitude even when he's trying to convince teams he's matured. trouble,lets stay away.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I think you and I are the only ones still left on the Bray train. I would take him in the 4th.
    Add me to the list as well....we can be the Three Stoges. I think Bray easily the best of this bunch, and doubt he makes it out of the 2nd round.The guy I really want decided to stay in school one more year, Tahj Boyd of Clemson. What do you think of him?

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never got on Bray as a prospect for the SI,ple reason that we need a starting QB for 2013. Hell even if the FO tries to give us Garrard/Sanchez bull****, we still need a QB for 2014.

    Taking a QB we know won't be ready until 2015, if ever, makes zero sense. Garrard is done and Sanchez is garbage. We can't wait and hope Brays the answer. He would be a wasted pick even in the 7th.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Add me to the list as well....we can be the Three Stoges. I think Bray easily the best of this bunch, and doubt he makes it out of the 2nd round.The guy I really want decided to stay in school one more year, Tahj Boyd of Clemson. What do you think of him?
    I'm on board with Bray, but I don't think he is the best fit for a WCO. The personality issues don't really bother me. Eli acts like he is stoned half the time.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    2,978
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I think you and I are the only ones still left on the Bray train. I would take him in the 4th.
    Yankeejet22 says hi!

    Love the talented kid. He's got issues, but big upside. 3rd or 4th round.



    ..

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,079
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I never got on Bray as a prospect for the SI,ple reason that we need a starting QB for 2013. Hell even if the FO tries to give us Garrard/Sanchez bull****, we still need a QB for 2014.

    Taking a QB we know won't be ready until 2015, if ever, makes zero sense. Garrard is done and Sanchez is garbage. We can't wait and hope Brays the answer. He would be a wasted pick even in the 7th.
    None of the QBs in this draft are starting this season and doing well. The only 1 i think is even remotely ready to step into a pro Huddle is Matt Barkley and he will struggle .

    Bray has more Talent in his right arm than any QB in this draft. The problem is he's Jeff George right now, and i don't think he cares. There's nothing like humility to take the starch out of a person Like Bray. In the 3rd or 4th round, that's a start after being the Big man on Campus for his whole life. Then having him sit even when you see improvement will only add to the fire. If he breaks, then what's the lost. If he matures, you have yourself a Franchise QB who is 24 yrs old.


    If that is not worth a 3rd or 4th round pick, then i don't know what is.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,079
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Saw that show today and was ready to post about it right away.I don't like him, he still has a so what attitude even when he's trying to convince teams he's matured. trouble,lets stay away.
    Way too much upside to ignore with a 3rd or 4th. The kid could be special if he humbles himself or is Humbled and gets it.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    None of the QBs in this draft are starting this season and doing well. The only 1 i think is even remotely ready to step into a pro Huddle is Matt Barkley and he will struggle .

    Bray has more Talent in his right arm than any QB in this draft. The problem is he's Jeff George right now, and i don't think he cares. There's nothing like humility to take the starch out of a person Like Bray. In the 3rd or 4th round, that's a start after being the Big man on Campus for his whole life. Then having him sit even when you see improvement will only add to the fire. If he breaks, then what's the lost. If he matures, you have yourself a Franchise QB who is 24 yrs old.


    If that is not worth a 3rd or 4th round pick, then i don't know what is.
    Problem is we don't have the time for him to sit. Any QB we draft is going to play at some point this season. Garrard is a huge question mark. Last year Miami was counting on him and were basically giving him the job and he couldn't even get healthy before preseason. Now with Mark being the biggest villain in NY, they are going to be calling for his head by the end of week 1 if we lose to TB.

    We cannot take Bray if he is a head case because he will have to play well before he is ready and will fail. No need to waste the draft pick in my opinion.

    I say we need a QB that will be able to start this year at some point and need to come out of this draft with one of Smith, Barkley, Nassib, or Manuel.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,079
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Problem is we don't have the time for him to sit. Any QB we draft is going to play at some point this season. Garrard is a huge question mark. Last year Miami was counting on him and were basically giving him the job and he couldn't even get healthy before preseason. Now with Mark being the biggest villain in NY, they are going to be calling for his head by the end of week 1 if we lose to TB.

    We cannot take Bray if he is a head case because he will have to play well before he is ready and will fail. No need to waste the draft pick in my opinion.

    I say we need a QB that will be able to start this year at some point and need to come out of this draft with one of Smith, Barkley, Nassib, or Manuel.
    You say Bray will fail but you are willing to throw those other guys out there and watch them fail. Barkley's arm is not North East suitable. Geno is not ready to run a WCO and neither is Nassib and Manuel is a Joke of an option.

    There're 2 QBs from this draft that could come in and run the WCO from day 1of the regular season . Both will struggle mightly but both will give you a chance. Matt Barkley and Sean Renfree are the 2.

    Both ran pro ready schemes and both were developed in progression offenses. The big problem with both is they have suspect arm strength to drive the football in the cold North East weather.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,095
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    You say Bray will fail but you are willing to throw those other guys out there and watch them fail. Barkley's arm is not North East suitable. Geno is not ready to run a WCO and neither is Nassib and Manuel is a Joke of an option.

    There're 2 QBs from this draft that could come in and run the WCO from day 1of the regular season . Both will struggle mightly but both will give you a chance. Matt Barkley and Sean Renfree are the 2.

    Both ran pro ready schemes and both were developed in progression offenses. The big problem with both is they have suspect arm strength to drive the football in the cold North East weather.
    I think it's a consensus that even Bray's biggest fans, he is not ready to play in the NFL. He is not mature enough and the fact that he would be in the biggest spotlight in the NFL, he would be set up to fail.

    So when the Jets need a QB to start because Garrard is on IR and Sanchez has a rating south of 50, do you think the Bray's maturity and lack of leadership, lack of dedicating himself to his profession, he would have a better chance to succeed than Barkley, Manuel, or Nassib running the WCO?

    I'm not saying Bray will never develop. In three years he may be the best of the bunch. If he cleans up his act, matures, and goes to a team that can humble him by not giving him any chance to play for a couple of seasons.

    Problem is the Jets can do none of that.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    When people bring up Bray, they never mention his negatives as a player. He's not Peyton with attitude problems. I like Bray but he's inconsistent accurately, and has another case of being blessed with elite talent at WR. 3 will go in the top 50.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Way too much upside to ignore with a 3rd or 4th. The kid could be special if he humbles himself or is Humbled and gets it.
    Rather have Glennon

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us