Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Texans got FLEECED!!!!

The Texans got FLEECED!!!!

Mario Williams left as a FA last year, where were these talking heads last offseason ripping the Texans GM? I mean, Williams is a top 5 defensive player in the game (what he was considered when he left via FA) and they got NOTHING for him. Why didnt they just pay him?????

Good teams and organizations pay their star players, they dont OVERPAY them.

The Jets did not want to pay $16 million a year for Revis, so instead of just letting him walk, we got a first round pick for him.

If thats a bad deal then I dont know whats a good one.

Better to have a HOF CB on your roster than have a good team.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

Could do both if you draft well and domt over pay wrs and ****ty qbs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Could do both if you draft well and domt over pay wrs and ****ty qbs.

Who cares.

What would the Jets record have been if Revis played the entire season last year?

6-10?

Jets Insider VIP
    Some people are simply more concerned with bragging to their buddies about having "the best CB in the league" than they are about improving the team as a whole.

This offense is dogsh*t.

Now we have the proper resources to start fixing it.

It's a good day if you ask me.

Veteran
    Who cares.

What would the Jets record have been if Revis played the entire season last year?

6-10?
    Oh my god couldn't save the jets with the way sanchez played...that ressoning is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Some people are simply more concerned with bragging to their buddies about having "the best CB in the league" than they are about improving the team as a whole.

This offense is dogsh*t.

At first I hated the idea of trading Revis.But the more I thought about it I realized we almost had to.And I agree 100% we need to start getting talent on this offense.we need playmakers badly.

Veteran
    Who cares.

6-10?
    And I care I'd rather have revis and a young wr core with a matt moore/flynn than suckchez greedy holmes and no revis. The jets didn't have the resources to pay revis because of past contracrs that were and still are a burden on this team

All Pro

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Mario Williams left as a FA last year, where were these talking heads last offseason ripping the Texans GM? I mean, Williams is a top 5 defensive player in the game (what he was considered when he left via FA) and they got NOTHING for him. Why didnt they just pay him?????

The Jets did not want to pay $16 million a year for Revis, so instead of just letting him walk, we got a first round pick for him.

TEXANS have the luxury of having alot of talent.. and to continue to be competitive with or without mario williams... he was injured in 2011.. the team still did WELL... so in 2012.. why use up all that cap space on mario williams... for them it would have been a luxury to keep him...

All Pro

we had a hall of fame CB on our team last year....

Oh my god couldn't save the jets with the way sanchez played...that ressoning is stupid.

No, it's not. Defense was fine last year, without Revis. Use him to improve the offense, not leave the defense, pay him 16 million/year, and think you're going to be able to have offensive players stick around to play for peanuts.

And I care I'd rather have revis and a young wr core with a matt moore/flynn than suckchez greedy holmes and no revis. The jets didn't have the resources to pay revis because of past contracrs that were and still are a burden on this team

+24

Tannenbaum drafted Revis, he's also the reason he's no longer a jet. So pissed. If we miss with the 13th pick and Revis is back to 100% or even 75% then idzik should be canned quicker than Tanny and woody should sell the team to someone who knows football or won't be a meddling little worm who used inheritance to become the owner. Rant over.

The Jets did what had to be done simple as that. Funny though that Revis would never sign with the Jets for zero guaranteed money but he did with the Bucs. Guess even Revis had to cave cause of his injury. Lets see how many holdouts he does with them.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS2417 View Post
    +24

Tannenbaum drafted Revis, he's also the reason he's no longer a jet. So pissed. If we miss with the 13th pick and Revis is back to 100% or even 75% then idzik should be canned quicker than Tanny and woody should sell the tram to someone who knows football or won't be a meddling little worm who used inheritance to become the owner. Rant over.
    Idzick made the right move...jets were not in position to pay him what he wanted be ause of bad contracts lingering...

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

they already paid him 16 mil a year the first two years of his last contract...

Idzick made the right move...jets were not in position to pay him what he wanted be ause of bad contracts lingering...

IMO could have gotten more on draft day, we got bullied in this deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

This offense is dogsh*t.

Agree completely. But three problems:

1. It would have been better to have the extra pick this year.

2. The offense is dogsh-t but we're going to draft defense again, of course.

3. Our GM is not known for his player-personnel acumen and Terry Bradway is still calling the shots.

The concept of trading Revis for value is excellent. The execution, different story.

SAR I

Veteran
    Jets needed to make it now and so did tampa...jets now have time to try to trade back. Idzick did a great job by getting tampa to give us the 13. The jets can turn that into a mid first and a mid 2nd if the play their cards right

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Agree completely. But three problems:

3. Our GM is not known for his player-personnel acumen and Terry Bradway is still calling the shots.

SAR I
    Man with your inside knowledge
    you should be working for the mainstream media or BSPN at the very least

You are so farrrrrr off base on this 1. This trade COULDN'T and I repeat couldn't happen on draft day. With Revis's injury and the risk of not being where he should have been, the Bucs needed to give him a physical before they could trade for him. Can't get that done in 15 mins on Thursday.