Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Texans got FLEECED!!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Man with your inside knowledge
    you should be working for the mainstream media or BSPN at the very least
    It is well documented that Idzik is a operations manager, the guy who makes sure there's a good salad bar at the Chicago Mariott and that the bulk-buy on toilet paper is on budget. He was not on any team's radar during any GM search. His name only came up with the Jets after everyone else said 'no'.

He hasn't picked a player in his life, it's been 10 years since he was even remotely involved with scouting or college talent. Terry Bradway is still on the payroll. Ask yourself why.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    And I care I'd rather have revis and a young wr core with a matt moore/flynn than suckchez greedy holmes and no revis. The jets didn't have the resources to pay revis because of past contracrs that were and still are a burden on this team

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Not true. Revis is under contract this year and next year the Jets have PLENTY of cap space. It was a decision made by the franchise that he's not WORTH 16mm a year. Not that they couldn't afford him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Jets needed to make it now and so did tampa...jets now have time to try to trade back. Idzick did a great job by getting tampa to give us the 13. The jets can turn that into a mid first and a mid 2nd if the play their cards right
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Stop being rational..

I actually saw on roto that the niners want to move up and their stacked with picks so who knows. Just frustrated.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It is well documented that Idzik is a operations manager, the guy who makes sure there's a good salad bar at the Chicago Mariott and that the bulk-buy on toilet paper is on budget. He was not on any team's radar during any GM search. His name only came up with the Jets after everyone else said 'no'.

He hasn't picked a player in his life, it's been 10 years since he was even remotely involved with scouting or college talent. Terry Bradway is still on the payroll. Ask yourself why.

SAR I
    Not necessarily a bad thing. If you believe reports, if Bradway had his way last year, we would have drafted Russell Wilson.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    I ask myself why you post on this board and waste your time with us casual fans when it's evident you should be running an NFL team or with your inside knowledge of the Jets management why you don't report for the NY Post, NY's most reputable paper.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    As usual pure speculation and assumption on your part, with no facts to back it up. Ego,my observation that you are wasting talent here and should be work ling for the media.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    So lets break this down.

Tanny was a bean counter - a math/contracts guy

Then who gets credit for Mo Wilkerson being picked in the 20s and borderline dominant at his position after year 2?

What about coples? Is that luck or Bradway?

What about Jeremy Kerley in the 5th round? He had 60+ catches in his second year with the worst QB in the league. Did Tanny find him?

We missed on ducasse, but other then that, the player selection of our drafts has never been an issue. The problem is our GM traded away too many picks and the one big shot we took - that was without question a FULL ORGANIZATIONAL decision - was sanchez who failed.

There are/were a lot of problems in this organization, Bradway isnt one of them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Mario Williams left as a FA last year, where were these talking heads last offseason ripping the Texans GM? I mean, Williams is a top 5 defensive player in the game (what he was considered when he left via FA) and they got NOTHING for him. Why didnt they just pay him?????

Good teams and organizations pay their star players, they dont OVERPAY them.

The Jets did not want to pay $16 million a year for Revis, so instead of just letting him walk, we got a first round pick for him.

If thats a bad deal then I dont know whats a good one.
    One point here, yes they let Mario go but it helps to have a JJ Watt...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You wrote this, word for word (or at least joke for joke), the day that we all learned Idzik's name.

Dig a little deeper, troll boy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

revis trade

there is no way the jets are going to pay 2 first round selections.you can be sure that the jets will trade down for extra picks.in the early rounds.the second and third rounds are loaded with players that fit the jets scheme.as far as the revis trade.it was best for the jets to trade him now.this team has to regroup in order fix the problems within the team.I agree with the move.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    there is no way the jets are going to pay 2 first round selections.you can be sure that the jets will trade down for extra picks.in the early rounds.the second and third rounds are loaded with players that fit the jets scheme.as far as the revis trade.it was best for the jets to trade him now.this team has to regroup in order fix the problems within the team.I agree with the move.
    You need a partner to do that, and that's not a sure thing. Not in this draft

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mario Williams left as a FA last year, where were these talking heads last offseason ripping the Texans GM? I mean, Williams is a top 5 defensive player in the game (what he was considered when he left via FA) and they got NOTHING for him. Why didnt they just pay him?????

The Jets did not want to pay $16 million a year for Revis, so instead of just letting him walk, we got a first round pick for him.

A first and a third, and not just any first, the #13 overall pick, I think people are forgetting the value of the #13 overall.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    One point here, yes they let Mario go but it helps to have a JJ Watt...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    JJ Watt wasn't JJ Watt when Houston let Williams walk

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS2417 View Post
    +24

Tannenbaum drafted Revis, he's also the reason he's no longer a jet. So pissed. If we miss with the 13th pick and Revis is back to 100% or even 75% then idzik should be canned quicker than Tanny and woody should sell the team to someone who knows football or won't be a meddling little worm who used inheritance to become the owner. Rant over.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    First round picks aren't getting the money they used to, they are locked into a rookie pay scale, there will be no problem for the Jets to pay two first round picks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    A first and a third, and not just any first, the #13 overall pick, I think people are forgetting the value of the #13 overall.
    Absolutely

Hell, Abe was a 3 time pro-bowler and all-pro when the Jets traded him.

And what did we get? The 28th overall pick?

I honestly don't understand why so many people are pissed about this.

Like I said earlier, before the Harvin to Seattle trade went down, hardly anyone thought we would even be able to get a late 1st round pick for a CB coming off season ending knee surgery. We were talking about San Fran's two 2nd rounders and being perfectly content.

Now we walk away with the 13th overall pick and a future 3rd and people are acting like we got fleeced?

Makes zero sense to me

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

It frankly pains me to say this but Idzik's handing of the Revis situation was Belicheck-esque!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Some people are simply more concerned with bragging to their buddies about having "the best CB in the league" than they are about improving the team as a whole.

This offense is dogsh*t.

Now we have the proper resources to start fixing it.

It's a good day if you ask me.
    Some people are simply more concerned with justifying the trade of one of the best players to ever wear the uniform of their favorite team than facing the FACT the the only way that came to pass was the historical mismanagement of said team.

The offense is dogsh!t because the FO made it so. They wasted valuable draft picks trading up for a runningback that is no longer on the team and for a "franchise quarterback" that soon won't be. They overpaid for players that almost made those two players look like the trade-ups were worth it.

Would Revis want too much money to stay? Probably. But the Bucs just signed him for zero guaranteed dollars and they will pay him what he is worth in incentives. And those incentives will be worth it.

Seems like the Jets just suck at negotiating.

But you just look forward and march like a good soldier, right? Reality has no basis in this argument.

This day is tragic. But go ahead and suck that green homer lollipop. Tomorrow will be fantastic.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    Some people are simply more concerned with justifying the trade of one of the best players to ever wear the uniform of their favorite team than facing the FACT the the only way that came to pass was the historical mismanagement of said team.

The offense is dogsh!t because the FO made it so. They wasted valuable draft picks trading up for a runningback that is no longer on the team and for a "franchise quarterback" that soon won't be. They overpaid for players that almost made those two players look like the trade-ups were worth it.

Would Revis want too much money to stay? Probably. But the Bucs just signed him for zero guaranteed dollars and they will pay him what he is worth in incentives. And those incentives will be worth it.

Seems like the Jets just suck at negotiating.

But you just look forward and march like a good soldier, right? Reality has no basis in this argument.

This day is tragic. But go ahead and suck that green homer lollipop. Tomorrow will be fantastic.
    LOL

So you're in favor of paying a CB, regardless of how great he is, upwards of $100 million dollars?

Tragic my a$$hole

This was a move that needed to be made.

Idzik has dick to do with the silly ass contracts that Tannenbaum handed out. His job is to clean up the mess that mook created.

If we were to keep Revis, then I guess we better start knocking the ball out of the park with those mid-late round draft picks if we want to fix the offense. You know, the guys that have about a 5-10% chance of ever amounting to anything more than a career special teamer. That is, if they even make the team at all. Because we sure as hell won't have much money to play with for the forseeable future if we have 15% of our cap locked up in a single CB year after year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagroCrag View Post
    Not necessarily a bad thing. If you believe reports, if Bradway had his way last year, we would have drafted Russell Wilson.
    Bradway was also 'calling the shots' when Revis was drafted....funny how that doesn't get mentioned