Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This has have to be the worst deal we have ever done

Rookie

This has have to be the worst deal we have ever done

Man, trading away your best player, future hall of famer, icon...
    We did bad bussines, a future hall of famer for f•king peanuts...

Ok, lets get dee minller...

We are cool

Jets Insider VIP
    Since when the hell does a Top 15 pick constitute as "peanuts"?

I can't fathom how anyone could be in favor of paying a CB $100 million dollars.

Boggles my mind

Quote Originally Posted by JetMex View Post
    Man, trading away your best player, future hall of famer, icon...
    We did bad bussines, a future hall of famer for f•king peanuts...

Ok, lets get dee minller...

We are cool
    Don't be such a Sarhole..

It was a pretty unique and bad situation for the Jets. I think it is actually one of their better trades ever to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Since when the hell does a Top 15 pick constitute as "peanuts"?

I can't fathom how anyone could be in favor of paying a CB $100 million dollars.

Boggles my mind
    not guaranteed,so...plz they already paid him 32.5 mil for the first two years of his last contract....why is Johnson in the football business...to save money?

Hall Of Fame
    He has been dominant for 3 seasons. Prior to his injury his career had a HoF trajectory. As of now, he is not a HoF. Talk to me in 5 years.

Icon? To who? To fans that worship players? He will never reach Deion's level of popularity b.c his personality sucks.

All League
    No one mentions if Revis had stayed this year and walked the next what fans and the media would be calling the Jets then. A top 10 player walking for nothing, typical Jets right? No, we trade him for a 1st rounder and essentially a 3rd rounder in 2014. We got what we could for a player who was done within the organisation for holding out multiple times over a 6 year period and if it wasn't for a contract clause this year, how many of you think he wouldn't have held out again this year?

As much as I hate to see him go, this isn't monumental as he isn't a QB or pass rusher who can change the outcome of games, he simply eliminates players from making plays. Which for me isn't the same worth as a Franchise QB. Show me a CB who is so much of a difference maker that he wins SB for a team in this day and age? Nope, not one that I can think of.

See Ya Revis, have fun in Florida.

All Pro
    This will be a great trade if we get a good player with the pick. Only a good trade if it's a bust. We can't pay a db that much money against the cap.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    not guaranteed,so...plz they already paid him 32.5 mil for the first two years of his last contract....why is Johnson in the football business...to save money?
    Mike Tannenbaum constantly bending over backwards to appease Revis doesn't have jacksh*t to do with John Idzik.

I'm just happy that he shared in my belief that you don't pay a corner like a franchise QB, regardless of how great he is.

You're telling me that a guy who takes away one receiver in an age where every team out there employs 3 and 4 WR sets, is worth as much as a HOF, Superbowl winning QB like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning who account for over 4,000 yards and 35-40 TD's a season?

Sorry, that's batsh*t crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    No one mentions if Revis had stayed this year and walked the next what fans and the media would be calling the Jets then. A top 10 player walking for nothing, typical Jets right? No, we trade him for a 1st rounder and essentially a 3rd rounder in 2014. We got what we could for a player who was done within the organisation for holding out multiple times over a 6 year period and if it wasn't for a contract clause this year, how many of you think he wouldn't have held out again this year?

As much as I hate to see him go, this isn't monumental as he isn't a QB or pass rusher who can change the outcome of games, he simply eliminates players from making plays. Which for me isn't the same worth as a Franchise QB. Show me a CB who is so much of a difference maker that he wins SB for a team in this day and age? Nope, not one that I can think of.

See Ya Revis, have fun in Florida.
    What really sucks is the cap hit for trading him ,another 3 million I believe.

It's statements like this that show you lack of understanding of how the NFL and Jets work.

Woody Johnson is spending the league allowed maximum and has, for the most part, spent that maximum allowed since he's been the owner.

Not paying Revis is a decision made for football reason, to better the team, not to save money. You can disagree with the decision, but not the motives.

Mike Tannenbaum constantly bending over backwards to appease Revis doesn't have jacksh*t to do with John Idzik.

I'm just happy that he shared in my belief that you don't pay a corner like a franchise QB, regardless of how great he is.

You're telling me that a guy who takes away one receiver in an age where every team out there employs 3 and 4 WR sets, is worth as much as a HOF, Superbowl winning QB like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning who account for over 4,000 yards and 35-40 TD's a season?

Sorry, that's batsh*t crazy.
    It IS batsh*t crazy. But stop doing it to yourself, man. You're trying to make sense to people that don't want the trade to make sense.

Today was about making the best of an unfortunate situation. But sadly, there are no words that can make people who don't like the trade feel good about the trade. Some were going to hate this no matter what the Jets got

Some success on Thursday night would be a good start though.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    I am totally happy with this trade, the 13th overall pick and a 4th rounder next year that could escalate to a 3rd rounder, that's good compensation considering Mevis is coming off of major knee surgery and now he is someone elses problem.

If Mevis has a good year next year and proves he is back to form, what do you want to bet he holds out that following off-season for a new contract with guaranteed money....I almost feel bad for the Bucs.....
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-21-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    It's statements like this that show you lack of understanding of how the NFL and Jets work.

Woody Johnson is spending the league allowed maximum and has, for the most part, spent that maximum allowed since he's been the owner.

Not paying Revis is a decision made for football reason, to better the team, not to save money. You can disagree with the decision, but not the motives.
    it was tongue and cheek...but the point being it was a football decision...totally disagree...this was about money...its always about money...that's my understanding of the NFL slappy...

it was tongue and cheek...but the point being it was a football decision...totally disagree...this was about money...its always about money...that's my understanding of the NFL slappy...
    Yes, a football decision in a salary cap league is always about money. Making decisions on how to spread out the limited money you have to spend. Paying a CB about 15% of your entire teams salary cap just isn't a good football decision.

one of the best jets ever but it had to be done

we are two years away from being competitive. two years from now he will be a 30 year old db getting paid 15 millions. makes no sense

we need a qb badly. this iis a bad year to one early

2012 Jets without Revis: 6-10

2012 Jets WITH Revis: You know the answer.

Him not playing didn't make or break the Jets. The Jets were terrible. Revis wouldn't help change that. He's a piece of the puzzle, not the answer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Of course it's about money

Revis is great at what he does, but only a goddamn fool would dish out $16 million a year for a guy who even on his best day, is still only taking away one player.

He doesn't put points on the board.

He doesn't disrupt an entire offense.

He doesn't carry your team.

He keeps guys in check who touch the ball 4-5 times a game on average.

That's not worth Tom Brady money. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Yes, a football decision in a salary cap league is always about money. Making decisions on how to spread out the limited money you have to spend. Paying a CB about 15% of your entire teams salary cap just isn't a good football decision.
    the jets cap is fine next year...plus they already paid him 16mil...u pay a dominant player dominant money...guess we disagree...

Of course it's about money

Revis is great at what he does, but only a goddamn fool would dish out $16 million a year for a guy who even on his best day, is still only taking away one player.

He doesn't put points on the board.

He doesn't disrupt an entire offense.

He doesn't carry your team.

He keeps guys in check who touch the ball 4-5 times a game on average.

That's not worth Tom Brady money. Sorry.
    he took out the best WR's consistently...dominating most of the time...brady and manning and for that matter most QB's stopped throwing his way and the Jets must be foolish(lol)cause they paid him 32.5 mil first two years of his last contract didn't they?