Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This has have to be the worst deal we have ever done

Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    the jets cap is fine next year...plus they already paid him 16mil...u pay a dominant player dominant money...guess we disagree...
    That is exactly my point. They didn't trade him because they couldn't afford him or were cheap, they traded him because they didn't think he was worth it and would rather spend their cap dollars elsewhere.

And yes, that is really what we disagree on. You believe Revis is worth $16mm a year, I don't.

Like a lot of you guys on here I was a little disappointed with the compensation. But thinking about it a little more its not bad. Revis is a great cb but 16 ml a year is lunacy especially with our cap situation and how Tanny wrecked everything. Lets face it his team lacks a lo of talent especially on the offense so it's always good to build through the draft. Something Tanny didn't do either.

That being said I can see the jets trading down with the 9th pick and getting even more draft picks. Teams like Vikings (they want austin badly) and Niners (they have multiple picks and their team is stacked already they might want Vaccaro) might be interested.

Jets Insider VIP
    he took out the best WR's consistently...dominating most of the time...brady and manning and for that matter most QB's stopped throwing his way and the Jets must be foolish(lol)cause they paid him 32.5 mil first two years of his last contract didn't they?
    Again, what the hell does the silly sh*t Mike Tannebaum did have to do with Idzik?

Idzik just came from an organization that drafted guys like Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor in the 5th round. Hell, they picked Brandon Browner off the street for peanuts.

So yeah, I seriously doubt that he considers it a smart philosophy to give a CB a contract on par with some of the greatest QB's to ever play the game. In fact, he just proved that he doesn't subscribe to that goofy ass philosophy.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    That being said I can see the jets trading down with the 9th pick and getting even more draft picks.
    That's exactly what I am hoping for.....

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Again, what the hell does the silly sh*t Mike Tannebaum did have to do with Idzik?

Idzik just came from an organization that drafted guys like Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor in the 5th round. Hell, they picked Brandon Browner off the street for peanuts.

So yeah, I seriously doubt that he considers it a smart philosophy to give a CB a contract on par with some of the greatest QB's to ever play the game. In fact, he just proved that he doesn't subscribe to that goofy ass philosophy.
    Idzik had nothing to do with who the Seahawks drafted. They have a GM for that. Idzik was in charge of operations. A valuable role, but nothing to do with player personnel or talent acquisition.

SAR I

the jets cap is fine next year...plus they already paid him 16mil...u pay a dominant player dominant money...guess we disagree...
    Yep. And guess how much cap room that 32m. took up in 2010 and 11?

19m. 9.5 per year

CB's don't win championships.

QB's and pass rushers do.

We're fine with Cromartie, Wilson, Lankster and Trufant if we're able to generate a consistent pass rush with Wilkerson, Coples and whoever the OLB pick is at No.9, 13, 39 or 70-something.

Terrible trade.

If you want to know what's wrong with the Jets, put the TV on week one and focus on one match up: Holmes vs. Revis. You pay big bucks for a mediocre player and you ship a HOF caliber player out for peanuts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Idzik had nothing to do with who the Seahawks drafted. They have a GM for that. Idzik was in charge of operations. A valuable role, but nothing to do with player personnel or talent acquisition.

SAR I
    He still played a vital role in that front office.

Talked and bumped elbows with Seattle GM John Schneider every single day.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure that he's incorporated some of those same tactics into his own philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Terrible trade.

If you want to know what's wrong with the Jets, put the TV on week one and focus on one match up: Holmes vs. Revis. You pay big bucks for a mediocre player and you ship a HOF caliber player out for peanuts.
    All of the AFC East Championships, AFC Championships and Super Bowl Championships that Revis won will surely be missed.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    2012 Jets without Revis: 6-10

2012 Jets WITH Revis: You know the answer.

Him not playing didn't make or break the Jets. The Jets were terrible. Revis wouldn't help change that. He's a piece of the puzzle, not the answer.
    I totally agree. Revis is a phenomenal CB, but jets aren't winning the SB this year. To let him walk after the season and get nothing in return would be asinine.

Of course it's about money

Revis is great at what he does, but only a goddamn fool would dish out $16 million a year for a guy who even on his best day, is still only taking away one player.

He doesn't put points on the board.

He doesn't disrupt an entire offense.

He doesn't carry your team.

He keeps guys in check who touch the ball 4-5 times a game on average.

That's not worth Tom Brady money. Sorry.
    Sure he disrupts an entire offense. A big time WR draws multiple defenders and makes things easier for other offensive players. Revis single covered those guys, which allowed the rest of the defense to do other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Don't be such a Sarhole..

LMAO

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Sure he disrupts an entire offense. A big time WR draws multiple defenders and makes things easier for other offensive players. Revis single covered those guys, which allowed the rest of the defense to do other things.
    JJ Watt disrupts an entire offense.

Darrelle Revis takes away one player.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Priceless.

JJ Watt disrupts an entire offense.

Darrelle Revis takes away one player.
    +1

It's like people have selective amnesia -- they conveniently forget how easily teams marched the ball down the field on us, even WITH Revis.

It's not a knock on a guy -- just the reality of the limited impact a CB has on the game . . .

EDIT:

And this idea that "the Jets already paid him 16m a year the past two years" is ridiculous, bc the contract was FRONT-LOADED. It was NEVER a 16m per year contract . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetMex View Post
    Man, trading away your best player, future hall of famer, icon...
    We did bad bussines, a future hall of famer for f•king peanuts...

Ok, lets get dee minller...

We are cool
    lock

dump

ban

Jets Insider VIP
    classic

Dude may never be the same player again
    D rose sat out the entire season...

This was a heist...

For the nyj

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    +1

It's like people have selective amnesia -- they conveniently forget how easily teams marched the ball down the field on us, even WITH Revis.

It's not a knock on a guy -- just the reality of the limited impact a CB has on the game . . .

EDIT:

And this idea that "the Jets already paid him 16m a year the past two years" is ridiculous, bc the contract was FRONT-LOADED. It was NEVER a 16m per year contract . . .
    moreover...we LOVED Revis, but business dictates this.

Even those of us who get it agree he is great. In another thread the analogy of a Ferrari in a trailer park was made. we need infrastructure, not a Ferrari.