Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For those still wondering why we retained Rex Ryan for 2013...

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    So you have your hahahaha, meanwhile the rest of the SANE is not laughing along with you but giving you crickets.

Idzik is going to take a logical approach with Rex Ryan. Could he be fired after the season? Of course he could. Idzik will be watching how the team looks and develops under Ryan. Right now? Rex Ryan is completely safe. Every GM in football knows Rex Ryan is a very good HC.
    Hahahaha!

Sane people? You mean the millions of non-homer NFL fans who know how awful Rex Ryan is? Every newspaper, every TV show, every radio show, every athlete interview, it's all the same, all about how Rex Ryan is dead man walking.

I have to admire the 5 of you running around saying how great Rex is, playing the contrarian, it's almost noble how ridiculous you're making yourselves look.

18-30 in three years. 1-17 against winning teams. "He's a great head coach!" LOL.

SAR I

At the end of this coming season Rex Ryan will be a lame duck coach with only 1 year left on his deal. The Jets will either have to extend him or fire him, you don't let coaches coach out their final season because players and potential incoming FA's want stability in the coaching scheme. So, if we have a mediocre to ****ty season next year how many are going to be cool with giving Rex a new 2-4 year extension?

Well, how many besides MaineJet are going to be cool with giving him an extension?

Jets Insider VIP
    Rex is a very good HC

as Jet fans should know quite well ---- Winner, Holtz, Walton, Coslet, Kotite, Edwards, Mangini..... very good HC's don't grow on trees

Hopefully, Rex will be the Jets HC for the next decade or more

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post

Well, how many besides MaineJet are going to be cool with giving him an extension?
    I count 4.

SAR I

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Hahahaha!

Sane people? You mean the millions of non-homer NFL fans who know how awful Rex Ryan is? Every newspaper, every TV show, every radio show, every athlete interview, it's all the same, all about how Rex Ryan is dead man walking.

I have to admire the 5 of you running around saying how great Rex is, playing the contrarian, it's almost noble how ridiculous you're making yourselves look.

18-30 in three years. 1-17 against winning teams. "He's a great head coach!" LOL.

SAR I
    What kind of math are you using??

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    The it didn't happen yet but I see the future type..

I love the people who equate rebuilding with tanking. No one's saying Idzik's going to have the Jets throw games. But winning games in 2013 certainly isn't near the priority that building a team that can sustain long-term success beginning in 2014 is. That's the premise behind re-building.

And give me a break if you think the Jets aren't re-building after they just traded one of the best players in franchise history while still in his prime.

I'm glad Idzik isn't as short-sighted as some of the posters in this thread.

All Pro
    With that offense, who REALLY thought the Jets would be good last year. The only thing I fault Rex for was not going with someone other than Sanchez about 2-3 weeks earlier than he did.

No Keller. No Holmes. Very average Running Backs. No weapon out of the backfield. Goodish line play (at best). Add in, no real pass rusher, no Revis, what did people expect? You know what makes great coaches? Talent.

If Rex really wanted Tebow and Sparano, than Rex needs to be kept out of that part of the decision making. If they were kind of sprung on him by Tannenbaum, than I'm even more glad T is gone. This year is going to be tough, as there is no real in locker room leadership. They need Brick, Mangold, Harris, and Mo to step up not just their play, but their leadership qualities as well.

I don't think everything that has occurred or is occurring this offseason is connected in some grand strategy.

I'm other words, the revis situation has nothing to do with izzy's perspective on Rex Ryan - they are isolated events.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    2011: 8-8
    2012: 6-10
    2013: 4-12

Total: 18-30

The Jets are 1-11 against teams that end the year with a winning record since 2010. There are at least 6 winning teams on this years schedule.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    The it didn't happen yet but I see the future type..
    Not too much of a stretch.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Rex is a very good HC

as Jet fans should know quite well ---- Winner, Holtz, Walton, Coslet, Kotite, Edwards, Mangini..... very good HC's don't grow on trees

Hopefully, Rex will be the Jets HC for the next decade or more
    All Pats fans agree with you for once.

If Rex wasn't in the plans for 2014 and beyond he would have already been fired. Don't give me this "we're rebuilding so we don't plan on winning BS". Being in a stage of "rebuilding" is MORE of a reason to bring in a new HC. It gives the HC an opportunity to instill a system/philosophy and evaluate talent without having the pressure of winning games.

Jets Insider VIP
    frankly I don't give a damn what you and the other pat POS think about this or anything

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    The next question is will BB go back to his 2000 5-11 reccord when Bledsoe was his QB when Brady is gone??

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    If Rex wasn't in the plans for 2014 and beyond he would have already been fired. Don't give me this "we're rebuilding so we don't plan on winning BS". Being in a stage of "rebuilding" is MORE of a reason to bring in a new HC. It gives the HC an opportunity to instill a system/philosophy and evaluate talent without having the pressure of winning games.
    Again, what top-notch head coach could we attract with our quarterback, roster, and cap situation?

Idzik's done a lot to clear it up. For 2014, who WOULDN'T want to come into this job.

$50 million in cap space, Top 5 pick to select a QB, younger roster...

I think we could be looking at a Colts-type turnaround in 2014 if Idzik keeps making the right moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    I don't think everything that has occurred or is occurring this offseason is connected in some grand strategy.

I'm other words, the revis situation has nothing to do with izzy's perspective on Rex Ryan - they are isolated events.
    I agree to an extent. But getting rid of the team's best player in a year where the head coach has to win to keep his job certainly creates a link between them. I agree with those in the media in the sense that Idzik is kind of dooming Ryan to fail.

It's not personal, though. It's just part of a proper rebuild. We're holding the fort until the cap situation clears out completely and we free ourselves of Sanchez. Then, I think, we make an aggressive playoff push.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Ask yourselves who would want to coach a team with our quarterback and cap situation this year? Ryan's strictly a hold the fort guy. He needs to win this year, but our GM, in the course of a proper rebuild, has made it impossible for him to do so.

Now fast forward to next off-season, specifically the day after the season when Ryan's fired. Jets will have $50 million in cap space, will have a younger roster, will be able to cut Sanchez, and will have a top 5 pick for the new head coach to sign off on who his quarterback would be.

MUCH more attractive situation to attract a top-notch coach (Bill O'Brien?) then this year.

Idzik knows what he's doing. Be patient.
    You are clueless.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    They won't for long.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    You are clueless.