Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: For those still wondering why we retained Rex Ryan for 2013...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    If I was a fan I'd fault him for :

-NOT understanding the offensive side of the ball.
    -Not being able to pick a strong OC (Saprano)
    -Not being able to develop players, especially on O.
    -Not being able to keep his clubhouse issues in house
    -Not being able to keep his yap shut
    -Not understanding rudimentary in-game coaching (timeouts and challenges)
    -Not winning games when it counts (end of season disasters)

Isn't that enough to can his ass if he goes, say 4-12 to 7-9, this year?
    You might be forgetting some important end of season games that counted pretty heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    If I was a fan I'd fault him for :

-NOT understanding the offensive side of the ball.
    -Not being able to pick a strong OC (Saprano)
    -Not being able to develop players, especially on O.
    -Not being able to keep his clubhouse issues in house
    -Not being able to keep his yap shut
    -Not understanding rudimentary in-game coaching (timeouts and challenges)
    -Not winning games when it counts (end of season disasters)

Isn't that enough to can his ass if he goes, say 4-12 to 7-9, this year?
    Bellichick has never coached a team to the playoffs without Brady.
    Bellichick was caught cheating and hasn't won a super bowl since.
    How many AFCCG's did Bellichick appear in during his time with Cleveland?
    Was he a moron then?

We can find flaws with every coach.

And its not like Rex inherited a great team, the Jets were 9-7 the year before and Rex inherited a rookie QB that everyone now thinks is the worst QB ever.

With that said, he Rex has flaws, some big, some small.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    I'm still waiting for you to "stick your neck out" and tell us how many Jet wins it would take this year for you to admit that Rex should be allowed to continue as Jets coach. Be as "bold" as you claim to be.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Wrong. Belichick took a moribund team in Cleveland to the playoffs in 1994 as head coach.

No, but the Patriots have been the winningest team in the league since Spygate was uncovered. So what then?

Was he a moron then?
    None, but he had a dreadful team, nothing on the level like the '09 and '10 Jets.

Sure, of course. But can you honestly say that BB has exhibited that he lacks the tools to be a true HC and understands BOTH sides of the ball? Can you same the same about Wrecks?

And its not like Rex inherited a great team, the Jets were 9-7 the year before and Rex inherited a rookie QB that everyone now thinks is the worst QB ever.
    All the big name FA signings in '09 and '10 would suggest otherwise.

We have found common ground!

I'm still waiting for you to "stick your neck out" and tell us how many Jet wins it would take this year for you to admit that Rex should be allowed to continue as Jets coach. Be as "bold" as you claim to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    So I guess straight answers are out of the question then. Or maybe that is a straight answer, which is even more telling.

You do love your "Punt, Pass, and Schtick", Steve SARby. I'd just stay away from the Jets locker room, because I'm sure Rex Ryan would love to push you into a locker.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    A bit optimistic, aren't we? I'll take the under on that. I give'em 3, tops.

Not too optimistic at all I think. Three is too short. Brady is 35 and has said numerous times he wants to play at least until he's 40. Barring injury, I think he'll do it. Now, if he were to win say, 2 more rings before that, then things could change.

Was he a moron then?

Rex Drafted Butt-Boy, He didn't inherit him. Big difference.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

So I guess straight answers are out of the question then. Or maybe that is a straight answer, which is even more telling.

You do love your "Punt, Pass, and Schtick", Steve SARby. I'd just stay away from the Jets locker room, because I'm sure Rex Ryan would love to push you into a locker.
    He's a bad head coach. The whole world knows this. I don't even know why this is a topic for conversation, would be more worthwhile to discuss faked moon landings.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He's a bad head coach. The whole world knows this. I don't even know why this is a topic for conversation, would be more worthwhile to discuss faked moon landings.

SAR I
    It's a topic of conversation because you bring it up in every thread, even ones that initially have nothing to do with Rex. If you stop talking about it, so will I. That's a promise.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

It's a topic of conversation because you bring it up in every thread, even ones that initially have nothing to do with Rex. If you stop talking about it, so will I. That's a promise.
    No, I bring up my feelings in Rex threads or if someone says something about Rex in a thread that I disagree with.

Seeing that he is a the root cause of our woes and shouldn't be here, Rex Ryan talk is extremely on-topic.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    the lame, tired banal schtick continues

unabated

i'm not so sure the jets will stink this season. granted it will take good game play from sanchez but losing revis and then gaining some good players in the draft will be a net positive. if they play hard the whole game they will be okay. maybe not 11 wins but certainly good enough for 8.

as for rex, this is his job to lose. he wins he stays. what he needs to stop are the late season swoons. but the jets have just about always played badly at the end of the seasons. the big exceptions were way back in the 70's when they won their last 5 or 6 and then in 1999 when they won 7 of the last 8. other than those seasons they've been front runner until game 10 and then things fly apart.

+1

I love how the anti-Rex crusaders act like Rex inherited the '85 Bears Defense in 2009. We had a rookie qb who had started 16 games in college, our best defensive player after Revis had one foot in retirement, no pass rusher on the roster, and our best receiver was Jerricho friggin Cotchery and we had a dunce for an Offensive Coordinator.

Yup. Rex Ryan = Barry Switzer

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    i'm not so sure the jets will stink this season.
    If the Jets win 7 or more games this season I don't see how Rex Ryan can possibly be fired.