Thread: Trade Compensation question.....

Rookie

Trade Compensation question.....

Not sure what exactly what is going on here. If I'm understanding this right, we go from a 4th round pick to a 3rd round pick if Revis is on Tampa roster at the start of the 2014 season. Meaning we cannot use this pick til the 2015 season ? The 2013 and the 2014 draft will have passed by the time we know how this pick falls ??? Someone explain please. This is the way I understand it. Am I missing something ??

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bongi View Post
    Not sure what exactly what is going on here. If I'm understanding this right, we go from a 4th round pick to a 3rd round pick if Revis is on Tampa roster at the start of the 2014 season. Meaning we cannot use this pick til the 2015 season ? The 2013 and the 2014 draft will have passed by the time we know how this pick falls ??? Someone explain please. This is the way I understand it. Am I missing something ??
    Revis needs to be on the roster at the beginning of the new "league" season which begins in March. They will have the pick for 2014.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Revis needs to be on the roster at the beginning of the new "league" season which begins in March. They will have the pick for 2014.
    OK. That would make sense. Thats what I thought. The wording makes it sounds like he needed to be on the roster start of playing season.

Jets Insider VIP
    On roster 3 days after start of 2014 LEAGUE year which is in early March. Unless Revis is seriously injured in 2013, Jets get a three.

Rookie
    Thanks for the responses !!

FA starts before the draft does. As long as TB resides to give him guaranteed money on his deal he will resign. He will likely get like 45mil in guaranteed money IF TB keeps him. Being they just gave up the 13th pick it is a safe bet they give him whatever he wants next year unless he re-injures himself.