View Poll Results: Satisfied with the Revis trade?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. The Jets got good value for an expensive player who could have walked as FA in 2014.

185 80.79%
  • No. The Jets could have gotten a better deal or should have met his contract demands to keep him.

44 19.21%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you satisfied with how the Jets resolved the Revis situation?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Are you satisfied with how the Jets resolved the Revis situation?

Poll coming.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am totally happy with this trade, the 13th overall pick and a 4th rounder next year that could escalate to a 3rd rounder, that's good compensation considering Mevis is coming off of major knee surgery and now he is someone elses problem.

If Mevis has a good year next year and proves he is back to form, what do you want to bet he holds out that following off-season for a new contract with guaranteed money....I almost feel bad for the Bucs.....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great HOF CB coming off major knee surgery

or

Improving the team

Revis won't make this team 11-5 next season. The Jets will be average at best, with or without Revis in 2013.
    Last edited by John_0515; 04-21-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely. I'm actually impressed, a week ago all Tampa was offering was a 2014 first, a 2013 third and fifth.

The 2013 #13 pick is worth more than a 2014 first and a 2013 third combined.

The 2014 conditional 4th is equal to or greater than the 2013 fifth.

So, on both accounts Idzik got them to give us more value. Dumb fans are crying about the amount of picks, but it really comes down to value of picks, because they can be traded for more if wanted, the most important thing to consider is that veterans almost NEVER get traded for first round picks, and it's even more rare to get a top 15 pick.

Idzik played this perfectly, when you consider all the variables that were working against the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes.

He was never going to be on the Jets in 2014.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Great HOF CB coming off major new surgery

or

Improving the team

Revis won't make this team 11-5 next season. The Jets will be average at best, with or without Revis in 2013.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need the draft picks and we need the future Cap dollars that Revis would have consumed. It's a Yes for me too.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Poll coming.
    The trade cost us 12 million in dead money this year ,a year where we can not afford it for a 1st rd pick.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Absolutely. I'm actually impressed, a week ago all Tampa was offering was a 2014 first, a 2013 third and fifth.

So, on both accounts Idzik got them to give us more value. Dumb fans are crying about the amount of picks, but it really comes down to value of picks, because they can be traded for more if wanted, the most important thing to consider is that veterans almost NEVER get traded for first round picks, and it's even more rare to get a top 15 pick.

Idzik played this perfectly, when you consider all the variables that were working against the Jets.
    Agreed. In his first major move as a GM I think Idzik played his hand perfectly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    YES!!!!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    the only thing i wish they did was get an additional fourth or fifth this year (to trade for ivory) i mean its something low in value to them. i guess they just wouldnt give it up?

it would have been like getting a first and Ivory this year and 3rd next.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I get what you're saying, but I still can't help but wish we got the three picks. I understand present value, but the more picks, the greater chance you hit on someone/have more trade chips.

Doesn't mean I don't like the trade -- just that it's 6 of one/half dozen of the other . . .

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely

Just two months ago, a lot of us were saying we'd be happy with San Fran's two 2nd rounders.

Now we walk away with the 13th overall pick and a future 3rd?

Don't see how anyone could be so devastated by the compensation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

++++++++++++++++

[good summary icon]

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    HoF CB at 16 million/year with threat of holdout every year or 1 year rental of said HoF CB + comp pick in 2015 vs. 1st and 3rd + cap room for 3-4 productive NFL players. I go for the latter 100 out of 100 times.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Hell-No! We are going to get 1 unproven rookie w the 13th pick from Tampa & we gave them a Pro-Bowl future HOF player thos feal stinks

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am ok with the trade, now lets just hope they use the pick correctly

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    YES

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listening to everyone *****ing, I was starting to worry about Jet's fans intelligence. Looking at the poll, I feel much better.

Good job Idzik! Making something from nothing. Magic!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets were put in a bad spot. They didnt get much but what can ya do.