Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: How would you feel if this happened?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

How would you feel if this happened?

JasonLaCanfora: Wrote last week about sense among some execs Jets could target WVU's Austin and Smith two 2 1st rnd picks post Revis trade. We'll see

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    JasonLaCanfora: Wrote last week about sense among some execs Jets could target WVU's Austin and Smith two 2 1st rnd picks post Revis trade. We'll see
    I'd throw up in your mouth.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I might start to call out Rex Ryan's name in prayer. He loses his best defensive player and the FO gives him an OK QB and a special Teams player with it's 2 1st rounders.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ITS NOT HAPPENING....NO WAY.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Calling Austin a special teams player is a bit harsh. Part of the reason Taking Geno scares the hell out of me is because of how well Austin played last year. many of his catches were screens that he made everything out of the play.

Granted Geno is way better than anything we have on our roster. but in two years, will he be the best guy from this draft? If the FO thinks that Geno will be better than Nassib, Barkley, and Manuel, then fine.

If this is the case, I guess we are going with Clowney with next year's number 1 overall.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Calling Austin a special teams player is a bit harsh. Part of the reason Taking Geno scares the hell out of me is because of how well Austin played last year. many of his catches were screens that he made everything out of the play.

Granted Geno is way better than anything we have on our roster. but in two years, will he be the best guy from this draft? If the FO thinks that Geno will be better than Nassib, Barkley, and Manuel, then fine.

If this is the case, I guess we are going with Clowney with next year's number 1 overall.
    Drafting Austin would be like the Jets Drafting Santana Moss all over again. Those who don't learn from History ------------------------------------.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't love Geno but QB is the one position I don't mind us swinging or the fences on. Yeah he might bust but the mere possibility that he turns into a stud is worth a 9 or 13.

Otherwise though, I say go with the safe picks, like Warmack, Cooper, Eifert, Star....or if you're going to take chances, go with a pass rusher like Mingo, Ansah, or Jones...Austin is a nice player, he's definitely talented but how much is a big play wideout going to do on a team with no QB and few other legitimate threats?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would actually be happy about it.....*Possibly/Hopefully Franchise QB and the biggest offensive weapon in the draft

There's a lot of other scenarios I could live with, and this is definitley one of them

I really don't get the Geno Smith hate to be honest.....Not everyone has to like him, but he's a pretty solid prospect overall. Has a few issues but nothing major, it's not hard to project him as successful down the line with good coaching

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Drafting Austin would be like the Jets Drafting Santana Moss all over again. Those who don't learn from History ------------------------------------.
    The problem with Santana Moss was that Pennington was his QB. Had Vinny been relevant beyond 2001, Moss would have been a difference maker with a QB that could have stretched the field. With out one he was relegated as slot guy who was at a disadvantage over the middle because of his size.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

Santana had a pretty damn good career. Would be happy with drafting a more elusive Santana at 13.

Tavon isn't Santana. Tavon is much more explosive in tight spaces, and a YAC monster.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I don't think Idzik will go with any of these QBs in the 1st.
    We need players & will use the 2 number ones on playmakers.
    Jets will have a chit load picks in 2014.
    Better off trading picks for a player that's been sitting on someone else's bench like Foles.
    Jets proved that if you build a very good team you can compete for a bowl with an slightly above average QB.
    Sanchez is terrible & we got to 2 AFCGS.
    Reports are we will have 50 million in cap space next year.
    Idzik is building towards the end of the Brady era.
    Miami is the new Washington Redskins, spending like drunken sailors to save their jobs.
    Buffalo is, well Buffalo.
    Patience will pay off this time. I'm very happy having a calculating GM.