Thread: I am stuck in a Manuel vs Glennon decision

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I am stuck in a Manuel vs Glennon decision

I know we will draft a qb with one of our first/second round picks...and I am leaning with one of those 2 but I can't pick one to full certainty.I love Manuel's physical traits and he has it all in him.But the more I watch Glennon,he passes the eye test.Sometimes you can tell if you have player by eye contact,he just flashes at me.I don't know who to draft between these 2 right now.I think both have massive potential.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have scoured through the rest of the qb class....none of them jump at me from a height/arm/leadership prospective combo other than these 2 mentioned.You can't make a mistake anymore picking the qb,very hard choice here.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're not taking a QB in any of the first four rounds. Maybe dysert later.

edit: that being said, I would love to take a shot on Manuel in rd 3. He won't be there though.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 04-21-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Manuel is there at 39 I say pull the trigger

Otherwise don't draft a QB til later. I know its our biggest need but realistically most of the QBs we're looking at on draft day are average at best. Does anyone really want to use one of our first three picks on a Barkley or a Glennon? It just doesn't make sense to me

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JmercJETS View Post

Otherwise don't draft a QB til later. I know its our biggest need but realistically most of the QBs we're looking at on draft day are average at best. Does anyone really want to use one of our first three picks on a Barkley or a Glennon? It just doesn't make sense to me
    He wont be. Manuel Geno and Nassib minimum go in first round.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO WAY should we use a 1st or 2nd round pick on any of these QB's. Build the O-Line, get a top pass rusher, and maybe a top WR or TE. If an under the radar QB is available in later rounds (i.e. Dysert), then maybe.

If Sanchez has another terrible year, we'll get a much better QB in next year's draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    NO WAY should we use a 1st or 2nd round pick on any of these QB's. Build the O-Line, get a top pass rusher, and maybe a top WR or TE. If an under the radar QB is available in later rounds (i.e. Dysert), then maybe.

If Sanchez has another terrible year, we'll get a much better QB in next year's draft.
    Give me Tyler Wilson after the 2nd round somewhere or Mike Glennon.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 04-21-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JmercJETS View Post
    +1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not a Manuel fan but Geno, Glennon, Barkley, Nessib, or, Manuel will be on our roster after the draft. I am rooting for Barkley and Glennon but Nessib seems like a real possibility right now. I guess I'll be happy as long as it is a better prospect then Sanchez was which all of them are IMO.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manuel really intrigues me, but I don't like Glennon. I wouldn't take a QB earlier than the 2nd anyway.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    Manuel really intrigues me, but I don't like Glennon. I wouldn't take a QB earlier than the 2nd anyway.
    I like Manuel in the 2nd.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    I know we will draft a qb with one of our first/second round picks....
    http://www.hark.com/clips/xyclyfvmqr...r-****ing-mind

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love Manuel in the 2nd....Or even bottom of the first round if we start wheelin' and dealin'......I love him under MM and think his potential is pretty damn good

I want nothing to do with Glennon......Watched him play many times, and he's just not a good QB.....He has a big arm, but that's really about it. He's an absolute statue back there and makes alot of awful throws when getting rushed.....Not a good combo

I forget which game exactly, but I was watching NC State try to come back and they were down by a TD or less with under a minute.......It was 4th down and Glennon was forced out of the pocket......Instead of throwing it up to give his team a chance, he inexplicably threw the ball away to the sidelines........His coach was fuming and ripped him bad, and rightfully so.....

That was all I really needed to see
    Last edited by King Koopa; 04-21-2013 at 11:54 PM.