Thread: 2013 Cap Space

All League

2013 Cap Space

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Jets&Year=2013

So we have $19MM in dead money and along with another $99MM on the books? How does that equate to Jason's supposed $8.5MM in cap space?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Jets&Year=2013

So we have $19MM in dead money and along with another $99MM on the books? How does that equate to Jason's supposed $8.5MM in cap space?
    That was prior to trading Revis and signing Landry. It is more like under 3 mil ATM. When all is said and done we will be right at the cap after the draft.

All Pro
    we should be close to 7-8 mil under?...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    That was prior to trading Revis and signing Landry. It is more like under 3 mil ATM. When all is said and done we will be right at the cap after the draft.
    Jason mentioned as of the trade we had $8.5MM on twitter today.

All League
    bumppp

All Pro
    Jason mentioned as of the trade we had $8.5MM on twitter today.
    126,400,000 is our adjusted cap we are at $98,979,310 on the 51 man with 19 and change in dead. Say 118-124= 6 Not sure if we get cap discount on vets like Garrard, Pace, and Garay so yeah I guess it could be 8 by those numbers.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    126,400,000 is our adjusted cap we are at $98,979,310 on the 51 man with 19 and change in dead. Say 118-124= 6 Not sure if we get cap discount on vets like Garrard, Pace, and Garay so yeah I guess it could be 8 by those numbers.
    Interesting, never heard of a vet cap discount. Really hoping Jason clarifies. From his own tables, I don't even see enough money to sign rooks.

All Pro
    Maybe he is even counting after we cut Tebow who knows until the draft is over.

All Pro
    Interesting, never heard of a vet cap discount. Really hoping Jason clarifies. From his own tables, I don't even see enough money to sign rooks.
    I am not 100% sure how they work. Thought it was only when a vet signs for vet min you get some of it. Remember last year went BE signed with SF he got 1 mil but only counted for like 650k on their cap? I didnt think we had that much it is actually shocking to me.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 04-21-2013 at 09:54 PM.

All League
    John Clayton says we have $8.3MM

All Pro
    John Clayton says we have $8.3MM
    Good means we can still cut Sanchez.

The way the veteran minimum deal works is that the player gets to earn whatever the minimum salary is for a player of his experience but the cap charge is only equal to that of a 2nd year player. The most bonus money he can receive this year is $65K so a player on the vet minimum counts $620K against the cap in most cases.

The Jets should be around 8.4 million in cap room. The top 51 is just under 99 million and the team has $19 million in dead money. The Jets adjusted cap is $126. 4 million. Our rookie pool is now estimated to be $7.438 million. 5 Players will replace players already under contract in the top 51 and 3 will only have prorated money count so the net space needed to sign all 8 is about $3.823 million.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423 View Post
    The way the veteran minimum deal works is that the player gets to earn whatever the minimum salary is for a player of his experience but the cap charge is only equal to that of a 2nd year player. The most bonus money he can receive this year is $65K so a player on the vet minimum counts $620K against the cap in most cases.

The Jets should be around 8.4 million in cap room. The top 51 is just under 99 million and the team has $19 million in dead money. The Jets adjusted cap is $126. 4 million. Our rookie pool is now estimated to be $7.438 million. 5 Players will replace players already under contract in the top 51 and 3 will only have prorated money count so the net space needed to sign all 8 is about $3.823 million.
    Ok yeah I see a few listed on the other link. It is already subtracted on 3 guys. Hilliard really? Didnt think he was in the league that long.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Ok yeah I see a few listed on the other link. It is already subtracted on 3 guys. Hilliard really? Didnt think he was in the league that long.
    I think Hilliards in his 5th year as a pro.

Having around 8.4 is good because (I'm pretty sure) we save 1 million in cap space by cutting Tebow. After rookies are signed we should be looking at $3-4mil left I think.