Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: 2013 Cap Space

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,048
    Post Thanks / Like

    2013 Cap Space

    http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Jets&Year=2013

    So we have $19MM in dead money and along with another $99MM on the books? How does that equate to Jason's supposed $8.5MM in cap space?

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Jets&Year=2013

    So we have $19MM in dead money and along with another $99MM on the books? How does that equate to Jason's supposed $8.5MM in cap space?
    That was prior to trading Revis and signing Landry. It is more like under 3 mil ATM. When all is said and done we will be right at the cap after the draft.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    astoria
    Posts
    5,281
    Post Thanks / Like
    we should be close to 7-8 mil under?...

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    That was prior to trading Revis and signing Landry. It is more like under 3 mil ATM. When all is said and done we will be right at the cap after the draft.
    Jason mentioned as of the trade we had $8.5MM on twitter today.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    bumppp

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    Jason mentioned as of the trade we had $8.5MM on twitter today.
    126,400,000 is our adjusted cap we are at $98,979,310 on the 51 man with 19 and change in dead. Say 118-124= 6 Not sure if we get cap discount on vets like Garrard, Pace, and Garay so yeah I guess it could be 8 by those numbers.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    126,400,000 is our adjusted cap we are at $98,979,310 on the 51 man with 19 and change in dead. Say 118-124= 6 Not sure if we get cap discount on vets like Garrard, Pace, and Garay so yeah I guess it could be 8 by those numbers.
    Interesting, never heard of a vet cap discount. Really hoping Jason clarifies. From his own tables, I don't even see enough money to sign rooks.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe he is even counting after we cut Tebow who knows until the draft is over.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    Interesting, never heard of a vet cap discount. Really hoping Jason clarifies. From his own tables, I don't even see enough money to sign rooks.
    I am not 100% sure how they work. Thought it was only when a vet signs for vet min you get some of it. Remember last year went BE signed with SF he got 1 mil but only counted for like 650k on their cap? I didnt think we had that much it is actually shocking to me.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 04-21-2013 at 09:54 PM.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,048
    Post Thanks / Like
    John Clayton says we have $8.3MM

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    John Clayton says we have $8.3MM
    Good means we can still cut Sanchez.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,673
    Post Thanks / Like
    The way the veteran minimum deal works is that the player gets to earn whatever the minimum salary is for a player of his experience but the cap charge is only equal to that of a 2nd year player. The most bonus money he can receive this year is $65K so a player on the vet minimum counts $620K against the cap in most cases.

    The Jets should be around 8.4 million in cap room. The top 51 is just under 99 million and the team has $19 million in dead money. The Jets adjusted cap is $126. 4 million. Our rookie pool is now estimated to be $7.438 million. 5 Players will replace players already under contract in the top 51 and 3 will only have prorated money count so the net space needed to sign all 8 is about $3.823 million.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423 View Post
    The way the veteran minimum deal works is that the player gets to earn whatever the minimum salary is for a player of his experience but the cap charge is only equal to that of a 2nd year player. The most bonus money he can receive this year is $65K so a player on the vet minimum counts $620K against the cap in most cases.

    The Jets should be around 8.4 million in cap room. The top 51 is just under 99 million and the team has $19 million in dead money. The Jets adjusted cap is $126. 4 million. Our rookie pool is now estimated to be $7.438 million. 5 Players will replace players already under contract in the top 51 and 3 will only have prorated money count so the net space needed to sign all 8 is about $3.823 million.
    Ok yeah I see a few listed on the other link. It is already subtracted on 3 guys. Hilliard really? Didnt think he was in the league that long.

  14. #14
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok yeah I see a few listed on the other link. It is already subtracted on 3 guys. Hilliard really? Didnt think he was in the league that long.
    I think Hilliards in his 5th year as a pro.

    Having around 8.4 is good because (I'm pretty sure) we save 1 million in cap space by cutting Tebow. After rookies are signed we should be looking at $3-4mil left I think.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us