Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If we were to trade down...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

If we were to trade down...

Let's assume there is someone that other teams want at the Jets pick (9 or 13) and the Jets are not in love with that player.

Which would you prefer:

- Trade down in the 1st round and get a pick or picks later on in this draft?

- Trade out of the 1st round into mid or late 2nd round and get an additional 1st round pick next year?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want picks in this year. This year is deeper at picks 25-75 than most. An extra year to develop, and be ready by 2015.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we will have several candidates to move up to 9 with Warmack or Cooper still available. Fearing that we may take one and Tenn may take the other, Dallas, Giants, or the Bears would be good partners. Plus it's just about the right distance to get their 2nd.

At 13 we could move doWn with SF with them looking at Vaccaro. Plus it would net us 31 and 34.

That gives us 18, 31, 34, 39, and 48.

Disadvantage is that we most likely miss out on the top LBs and DTs but we might get a sleeper like Brown from K ST with one of our 3 2nds.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I might lean towards getting a 1st next year and trading down out the 1st. We would still get a pick in a value round this year and be set up a true defining draft next year with two 1sts, probably 2 thirds and our 2nd, plus most likely a number of compensatory picks. If there is a grade A player we want next year we would have ammo to go get him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This year. It takes time to train these guys the sooner you have them the better. This is a pretty deep draft in a lot of areas of need why not take advantage. You cant bank on loosing this year IMO.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like another 1st next year. Will need ammo to trade up and grab a QB like McCarron, Thomas or Bridgewater.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I'd like another 1st next year. Will need ammo to trade up and grab a QB like McCarron, Thomas or Bridgewater.

You mean Bridgewater, Mariota, Manziel, Keeton?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Let's assume there is someone that other teams want at the Jets pick (9 or 13) and the Jets are not in love with that player.

Which would you prefer:

- Trade down in the 1st round and get a pick or picks later on in this draft?

- Trade out of the 1st round into mid or late 2nd round and get an additional 1st round pick next year?
    I'd want a 2nd and next year's #1 so we have ammo to trade up for a franchise QB like Bridgewater or Manzeil, or even a game changing player like Clowney in next year's draft.

I dont think there are any players in the draft that teams would be willing to trade up for and give up a #1 next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    In the 6th round? lol Those guys suck. I'd take Tuel over those guys. Bridgewater I still say is buyer beware. Louisville is basically ND right now playing a bunch on no name big east teams now. It isnt hard for Teddy to look good when you play no one. When you big rivalry game is Temple there is something wrong with that. Seriously

Aug 31 Ohio
    Sep 7 Eastern Kentucky
    Sep 14 @Kentucky
    Sep 21 FIU
    Oct 5 @Temple
    Oct 10 Rutgers
    Oct 18 UCF
    Oct 26 @South Florida
    Nov 8 @Connecticut
    Nov 16 Houston
    Nov 23 Memphis
    Dec 5 @Cincinnati

Not one team on here that will at any time be ranked.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't CRASH on QB Tajh Boyd(CLEMSON) 6'1 220 lbs He will play in nfl like MANUEL, who is frm same hometown as BOYD.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    I want picks in this year. This year is deeper at picks 25-75 than most. An extra year to develop, and be ready by 2015.
    Dee Milliner ...Dion Jordan...Eddie lacy Tayvon austin we are going to be in good dhape either way or maybe an linemana on O that will protect Sanchez from getting smoked im not down on him yet I like sanchez and think he is serviceable and with good Playmaking help and a Solid D we will do well

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Don't CRASH on QB Tajh Boyd(CLEMSON) 6'1 220 lbs He will play in nfl like MANUEL, who is frm same hometown as BOYD.
    If they aint from Penn it doesnt matter where they are from. Always draft the QB from Pennsylvania. Or bet on the boxer from Philly.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we trade down out of our present places, I'd like the picks to be this year, unless the deal is insane.

1 - 2013 is a great year for these guys to follow the learning curve as others have said.

2 - Any picks we receive from a DEN, or ATL, or whomever is trading that far up, is likely not going to be anything better than #20 next year. This year's crop is at it's strongest between 25-75. I want as many picks in that bracket as possible.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    In the 6th round? lol Those guys suck. I'd take Tuel over those guys. Bridgewater I still say is buyer beware. Louisville is basically ND right now playing a bunch on no name big east teams now. It isnt hard for Teddy to look good when you play no one. When you big rivalry game is Temple there is something wrong with that. Seriously

Aug 31 Ohio
    Sep 7 Eastern Kentucky
    Sep 14 @Kentucky
    Sep 21 FIU
    Oct 5 @Temple
    Oct 10 Rutgers
    Oct 18 UCF
    Oct 26 @South Florida
    Nov 8 @Connecticut
    Nov 16 Houston
    Nov 23 Memphis
    Dec 5 @Cincinnati

Not one team on here that will at any time be ranked.
    Tell that to JStokes who thinks McCarron is going top 10 LOL

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bird in the hand worth two in the bush, and all that.

Take the picks from this year unless it's a massive deal for the Jets.

I don't mind the prospect of trading with San Francisco for its first round pick and the pick it received from Kansas for Smith.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We cannot bank on a QB in the next draft because most of the guys mentioned have multiple years of eligibility (Manziel and Mariota have 3 years left).

No guarantees they even come out next year. In fact, they probably don't.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    We cannot bank on a QB in the next draft because most of the guys mentioned have multiple years of eligibility (Manziel and Mariota have 3 years left).

No guarantees they even come out next year. In fact, they probably don't.
    And even if they do, and they are "can't miss" prospects (Andrew Luck II) - unless we are picking at the very top of the draft, no way in hell do we convince a Jax or an Oakland to trade out so we can pick the next great QB instead of them.

I just don't see a team that DOESN'T need a QB picking at the top of the draft.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would not trade out of #9 if we could get Warmack/Cooper. Would certainly listen to offers for #13. Beerfish, are you doing mock again? Was lots of fun.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely this year.
    Not sure if I would trade down from 9 or 13. I guess it depends on how the first 8 picks shake out.
    Picking up an extra 2 to move down 12-15 spots in what is considered a deep draft would more than help make up for not getting more picks from Tampa this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Would not trade out of #9 if we could get Warmack/Cooper. Would certainly listen to offers for #13. Beerfish, are you doing mock again? Was lots of fun.
    Too late for this year. Not as much traffic on this forum as other times so it would be tough to get enough people involved.