Thread: How would you feel about this?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

How would you feel about this?

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2h

Wrote last week about sense among some execs Jets could target WVU's Austin and Smith two 2 1st rnd picks post Revis trade. We'll see

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    not good

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be pretty upset to be honest. Austin I could live with I suppose.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I'd be pretty upset to be honest. Austin I could live with I suppose.
    I feel the same. I'll gladly take Austin - the kid's instant points on 2 of the 3 areas of the game.

Smith, however, isn't very good. The Aaron Brooks comparison I see floated seems pretty accurate.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno will never be there and I hope not on Austin. We will target a QB I have no doubt in my mind after the Revis trade. Only reason to insist on a 1st rounder IMO. So many good WRs in this draft and Austin seems to have the lowest upside. If he is there in the 2nd sure. I have nothing against short WRs but at 5'9 174 lbs I dont want him in the 1st. That on top of your taking him simply because he runs a 4.2 40. What are we the Raiders now? Chances are he will not be a dominate WR in this league. Top 16 is a high pick for that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some mock drafts have Geno smith making it until the 1st pick of the second round.

I'd be thrilled if they drafted two players at 9 and 13 and then traded their second rounder to move up into the late 20's and then get Geno Smith.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Some mock drafts have Geno smith making it until the 1st pick of the second round.

I'd be thrilled if they drafted two players at 9 and 13 and then traded their second rounder to move up into the late 20's and then get Geno Smith.
    If Smith makes it past Bills at 8, we're his only hope of being drafted in Round 1 outside of another team trading up. None of the teams currently slotted to draft 10-32 need a QB bad enough to take a risk on an unknown quantity, thet either have "their guy" or currently have another unknown quantity.

Where it would get interesting in thsi scenario is when teams start looking at trading back into bottom of Round 1 to pick him before he gets to the QB needy teams drafting at the top of Round 2.

If we are going to take a QB ... I hope we sit tight, see who falls to our second round pick, and if we don;t like the options we take a different route (trade down, pick someone else). I don't want us to take a QB out of need alone. Need and value I'm fine with. Even if we come out of the draft without a QB as a result, I'm fine with that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cooper/Austin or Jones/Austin or Warmack/Austin.