Thread: Double dip draft theory

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Double dip draft theory

What are the opinions on double dipping using both our picks #9 & #13 in or on a given unit?
    For example: drafting Warmack and Cooper or Star and Mingo
    By doing this we could sure up a particular unit for years to come and truly establish a strength to build around and off of.
    Thoughts?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey joe View Post
    What are the opinions on double dipping using both our picks #9 & #13 in or on a given unit?
    For example: drafting Warmack and Cooper or Star and Mingo
    By doing this we could sure up a particular unit for years to come and truly establish a strength to build around and off of.
    Thoughts?
    Very interesting. Offensive Line would be the best idea for this IMO. Haven't thought about it until now. I would rather trade down and TRIPLE DIP

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the double dip theory but not for those picks. If we want to take a guard at 9 or 13 and then another one later on fine. If we want to take a dlineman at one or the other and then take one later on fine. But taking 9-13 for a double dip would be a bad thing. If they chose two guards at 9-13 they better break out the riot gear.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    you could go offense offense like a warmack/eifert but u cant go warmack/cooper....thats just fing dumb.

i could even go austin/eifert.

as far as defense...jordan or ansah matched with star would be interesting.

again, any 2 off this list in any combo except guard guard.

jordan
    warmack
    cooper
    eifert
    ansah
    lotulelei
    austin

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will say that if we take two linemen at 9 and 13 then it better not be two guards. Yes I love the guards in the top half of the first round as much as anyone, but while we're there we might as well take a whack at a top tier tackle if one is there. Sure experts say the big three (Johnson, Fisher, Joekel) will be gone by then but if all the experts were right there would be 20 picks chosen in the first 8 picks of the draft.

By taking a top flight tackle and guard we shore up two positions on the line, get more value (as tackles are viewed more valuable in the NFL) and can even move howard inside to guard which it seems the team has been thinking about for a little while.

Double dipping on passrushers might be fun too tho...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I like the double dip theory but not for those picks. If we want to take a guard at 9 or 13 and then another one later on fine. If we want to take a dlineman at one or the other and then take one later on fine. But taking 9-13 for a double dip would be a bad thing. If they chose two guards at 9-13 they better break out the riot gear.
    Is it possible for me to get shot twice? Because if you shoot me after a OG is picked in the top 10, make sure it kills me because I won't feel the second shot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just want the best player available at both picks (or trade down). if they are both guards or LB's so be it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Word on the street is that Izzy is looking to trade down. I personally hope so because the value isn't there at 9-13 this season. If they have a QB they are considering then a spot late in the 1st is ideal. I could see a scenario where a trade is done with San Fran to drop from 9 to 31 and picking up that extra early 2nd rounder as well.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Word on the street is that Izzy is looking to trade down. I personally hope so because the value isn't there at 9-13 this season. If they have a QB they are considering then a spot late in the 1st is ideal. I could see a scenario where a trade is done with San Fran to drop from 9 to 31 and picking up that extra early 2nd rounder as well.
    thats funny!! these beat writers cant figure out a damn thing idzik is doing and now word got out of what he is planning in the draft!!!! pleeeeeze.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do you think would actually happen if 9 & 13 were spent on Warmack and Cooper?

I know come the season, people would be singing a different song, the oline would take on a novelty identity maybe even like the old redskins... but in the meantime, can you imagine NY on friday morning?

D'Brick, Warmack, Mangold, Cooper, Austin

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    What do you think would actually happen if 9 & 13 were spent on Warmack and Cooper?

I know come the season, people would be singing a different song, the oline would take on a novelty identity maybe even like the old redskins... but in the meantime, can you imagine NY on friday morning?

D'Brick, Warmack, Mangold, Cooper, Austin
    Switch Warmack and Cooper and you have an all pro OL, LOL>

On a side note, i saw a draft projection that went like this and i almost jumped out of my bed.

9 - Ezekiel Ansah
    13 - Jonathon Cooper
    39 - Keenan Allen
    72 - Jordan Reed

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of taking 2 linebackers, like Ansah+Jones. I also think taking two skill players like a WR+TE could be pretty good. But taking 2 guards...eh. Id love if we end up with Warmack but putting two top fifteen picks into an offensive line that isn't THAT terrible seems like overkill to me.