Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Greg Cosell's Latest Mock: Cooper and Jones

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Posts
    2,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Greg Cosell's Latest Mock: Cooper and Jones


  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like that, a lot... but Cossell's draft has a couple sideways picks in there.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I like that, a lot... but Cossell's draft has a couple sideways picks in there.
    True, Lacey at 16 and no Milliner in the top 16??

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I like that, a lot... but Cossell's draft has a couple sideways picks in there.
    He always says he goes strictly off tape and not other "outside" factors..

    I'd like to see a trade down from 13 and acquire another pick or two but if it falls like this at #9 & #13 I don't have any problems

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whether he is right or wrong he certainly is not afraid to stick his neck out if you have seen them talk to him on nfl network.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Whether he is right or wrong he certainly is not afraid to stick his neck out if you have seen them talk to him on nfl network.
    IIRC he didn't even have Coples going in the 1st Round last year...

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man if that happens, i trade out at 13.

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eifert at 6?

    Ogletree in the top half of the round?

    Where's Millner?

    I'll take our haul if it happens like that, but what a weird mock, especially for him.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Star Lotulelei is available at #13 and we pass on him for Jones I will puke.
    Om fine with the Cooper pick

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    If Star Lotulelei is available at #13 and we pass on him for Jones I will puke.
    Om fine with the Cooper pick
    BINGO

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    This draft is looking more and more like a total crap shoot! lol

    We have so many needs it's a virtual certainty that there will be players on the board at 9, 13 and even 39 that could be immediate starters on this team.

    I'd have no problem with the draft unfolding as Cosell mocks. Those are two excellent players and positions of need. If we moved to re-sign Pouha (after passing on Star) for short money I'd argue that we could field the best defensive Front 7 the Jets have had since the 90's.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 04-22-2013 at 02:49 PM.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    If Star Lotulelei is available at #13 and we pass on him for Jones I will puke.
    Om fine with the Cooper pick
    Agreed. That would be tough to stomach. At the same time, how much investment can the Jets continue to make on the defensive line with super high draft picks while not addressing some other needs? Following up Wilkerson, Kenrick Ellis, Coples, with a DT while continuing to scrap together LBs and offensive skill positions like TE and RB may not be the best strategy.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't believe none of you guys mentioned Ansah... He would be my autopick at 9 or 13. We didn't have him in for a visit so they may see him as more of a 4-3 end but the guy could ABSOLUTELY play in a 3-4. Only way Ansah falls that far is if something is weird about his age.

    At pass rusher, there is a significant dropoff after the top 4, but my top 4 are in this order:

    1. Dion Jordan
    2. Ziggy Ansah
    3. Mingo
    4. Jones

    And the first sideways pick is Eifert at 6. I think Eifert is as good as it gets at TE, but I just can't rationalize a TE that high in the draft.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    If Star Lotulelei is available at #13 and we pass on him for Jones I will puke.
    Om fine with the Cooper pick
    I just don't see Star being a great player... He does some nice things but the guy gets awfully quiet for big stretches of games. I think people try so hard to make the comparison between him and Ngata, but it's just not there. He doesn't have the raw extreme power that Ngata has and he's not fast enough to make up for it either.

    I've watched Star over and over again now and I can't find myself being happy with that pick. I think Star is going to be your typical average player. He won't bust completely, but he's just not gonna be great.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MoveTheSticks: Most likely Pro Bowler in this draft? OG Jonathan Cooper would be my choice.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MoveTheSticks: Most likely Pro Bowler in this draft? OG Jonathan Cooper would be my choice.
    Have said it for months now... He's the best.

    Chance 2nd, but Chance is also great. Only thing that holds Chance back is sometimes while pass blocking he lets guys get an edge on him. Just not as overwhelmingly consistent as Cooper. And Cooper's mobility is beyond elite.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Agreed. That would be tough to stomach. At the same time, how much investment can the Jets continue to make on the defensive line with super high draft picks while not addressing some other needs? Following up Wilkerson, Kenrick Ellis, Coples, with a DT while continuing to scrap together LBs and offensive skill positions like TE and RB may not be the best strategy.
    Pretty much. Weird as it looks the draft is actually a good one for the Jets. The Jets seem to be one of the few acting rationally in this mock draft.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Have said it for months now... He's the best.

    Chance 2nd, but Chance is also great. Only thing that holds Chance back is sometimes while pass blocking he lets guys get an edge on him. Just not as overwhelmingly consistent as Cooper. And Cooper's mobility is beyond elite.
    Since Jordan won't be there at #9 I'm hoping Cooper is the pick.

  19. #19
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Since Jordan won't be there at #9 I'm hoping Cooper is the pick.
    Me too. +1

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Since Jordan won't be there at #9 I'm hoping Cooper is the pick.
    +3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us