Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Can the Jets draft two qbs

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Can the Jets draft two qbs

Will the Jets pick two qbs like the Skins last year? I believe they will either trade back or trade into the late 1st round to get a qb. Maybe Manuel, Nassib, Smith whoever (I don't think they will draft anyone with the 9th or 13th). I know they seem to really like Zac Dysert. Could they draft him in the 4th or 5th as well. I don't see it happening. Maybe if they get more picks but I do think it could be possible. Wanted to see what others thought.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a draft where taking ONE QB could be a stretch, taking two this year would be foolish.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post
    Will the Jets pick two qbs like the Skins last year? I believe they will either trade back or trade into the late 1st round to get a qb. Maybe Manuel, Nassib, Smith whoever (I don't think they will draft anyone with the 9th or 13th). I know they seem to really like Zac Dysert. Could they draft him in the 4th or 5th as well. I don't see it happening. Maybe if they get more picks but I do think it could be possible. Wanted to see what others thought.
    Idzik will be looking for ~5 early contributors out of this draft. i wouldnt object to this strategy if we picked up more picks in a trade down, but with only 8 picks at the moment its a tough sell. something like Manuel in 2 and Scott in 4 or Renfree in 6 wouldn't shock or upset me much

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    In a draft where taking ONE QB could be a stretch, taking two this year would be foolish.
    Agreed, but if we can trade down with SF and land some extra picks I would be ok with taking an EJ Manuel/Barkley in the 2nd and a flier on a guy that drops to the 6th like Matt Scott/Dysert/Landry Jones. Obviously, that is alot different than taking a QB with the 2nd overall and then another QB in the 4th like the Skins.