Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Tank Carradine rising up draft boards quickly

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Tank Carradine rising up draft boards quickly

Could he be this year's Bruce Irvin that Seattle picked and we take him at 13.Some experts say he's the second best pass rusher after Dion Jordan.We may be in store for a surprise and hear the Jets select him.Met with boos probably because nobody knows anything about him.What I seen of him...is a dynamic athlete...with good hips and ability to explode around the edge.He has plethora of moves and 6 ft 4 size.Compares to John Abraham.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many people speculated he would rise up the boards as the draft got closer. I think a better comparison would be how Chandler Jones' stock rose last year.

The knee is a concern and his a bit older than you would like. He is older than Wilkerson who already has two years under his belt.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Think he's an interesting prospect. I don't know how I'd feel if we draft him in the first, but if it's in the second then I'm on board 100%

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a fan of Tank, but I'm not sure he fits our system. You need some mobility in this league, and Tank is pretty sluggish out there. That said, he finds ways to beat his man, but it's far from instantaneous.

I'm not sure he's mobile enough to play 3-4 OLB. He's more of a pure 4-3 end. Strong man though. Does a great job at beating his man fairly consistently.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for driving me nuts with this thread. Watched vid on him, read scouting reports.He has the ability to play olb in a 3/4.Great first step, great motor. Got me thinkin about trading down from the #13th pick, and drafting him lower in round one

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Thanks for driving me nuts with this thread. Watched vid on him, read scouting reports.He has the ability to play olb in a 3/4.Great first step, great motor. Got me thinkin about trading down from the #13th pick, and drafting him lower in round one
    I dont think Tank gets passed the Giants in the 1st.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tank is going to be a better player then Bjoern Werner (Both went to FSU). Tank was a JUCO and was just dominating before he got hurt. He has a lot of potential.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I dont think Tank gets passed the Giants in the 1st.
    Don't see why the Giants would be a match... Rushes from the weakside and the Giants clearly don't have a huge need there. Even as much as they love pass rushers, it's not a great match.