Thread: Braylon Edwards in 2013?

Jets Insider VIP

Braylon Edwards in 2013?

Will he be a Jet?

He was a nice pick up in 09 and 10..and even his little stint in 2012.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Well, this thread was inevitable.

Again with this? Move forward, not back.

Jets Insider VIP
    No. We have Holmes, Kerley, Hill and a rookie that we will draft. Those are the 4 guys that will play.

The 5th spot will go to a special teams/developmental guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    No. We have Holmes, Kerley, Hill and a rookie that we will draft. Those are the 4 guys that will play.

The 5th spot will go to a special teams/developmental guy.

Whomever that rookie WR(a REAL WR, not a project like Hill) is, he better pan out in time for the FOLLOWING SEASON.

Oh and I'm still holding out hope that the Jets re-sign Braylon...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Again with this? Move forward, not back.
    In all seriousness, Braylon isn't the question. It's whether we should dump Sanchez and bring back Ken O'Brien?

Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    In all seriousness, Braylon isn't the question. It's whether we should dump Sanchez and bring back Ken O'Brien?

Discuss.
    He's only 3 years older than Vinny. I bet he can still sling the rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    You just made the case to sign Braylon.
    Holmes might not be ready and Hill is still a big question mark. That leaves Kerley (a good slot wr) and a possible rookie. Very thin.
    I sign Braylon for short money in a heart beat.

How come no one else has signed him yet? I think the problems in Seattle might actually hurt his chances now.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardTodd27 View Post
    You just made the case to sign Braylon.
    Holmes might not be ready and Hill is still a big question mark. That leaves Kerley (a good slot wr) and a possible rookie. Very thin.
    I sign Braylon for short money in a heart beat.
    Agreed, although I would still wait and see how Holmes heals and who we land in the draft. If Holmes is 100 percent and we draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round there is no room for Braylon.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Agreed, although I would still wait and see how Holmes heals and who we land in the draft. If Holmes is 100 percent and we draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round there is no room for Braylon.
    What are you talking about?

There's ALWAYS room for Braylon......

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Well, this thread was inevitable.
    Of course it was.

Rookie
    Count me in the sign Edwards for cheap club. Low risk, high reward is what FA is all about this year. We sort out the 53 man roster at the end of pre-season. Until then Edwards should be here.

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    Count me in the sign Edwards for cheap club. Low risk, high reward is what FA is all about this year. We sort out the 53 man roster at the end of pre-season. Until then Edwards should be here.
    Yep BE was one of the few players that was still playing determined and not mailing it in last year. We need someone to be productive and mentor the younger WRs including Hill, Holmes is a selfish prick too lazy to mentor the young ones

sign him. cheap, low risk. He's the only WR on the team who has a real rapport with Sanchez. Idzik would be an idiot not to try this.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    sign him. cheap, low risk. He's the only WR on the team who has a real rapport with Sanchez. Idzik would be an idiot not to try this.
    Considering that this will be the last year that Sanchez is the Jets QB, why not bring back(at least for one year) the only other guy(aside from a healthy holmes) that has any sort of rapport with Mark?