Thread: No WR/TE/RB/QB at 9 and 13.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

No WR/TE/RB/QB at 9 and 13.

i dont post here much, but have been reading and with the draft coming i must say, i dont have a good feeling about any of the offensive skill position players being drafted at 9 and 13.

I would be all over Lacy at 39, but i feel like we need to go BPA with the first 2 picks...and it sounds like we could have one of many combinations of OG and OLB. To be honest with you, i dont think it would be the worst thing to take 2 OLB. If there is one thing the Giants have proven is that a pass rush can make a lot of problems go away.

BTW if the Jets pick a TE in the first round i am going to someone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what you have against TEs, Eifert's someone to consider at 13 for sure, but i do agree to some extend that this draft class is not strong at those positions in the top 15

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Trade down 1st, if no deal then i'm onboard with OLB at 9 ... Would prob prefer WR at 13 ... Think value for OL is round 2-3 and QB round 3-4 ... I'm good with EJ if he's still there at our pick in round 2 tho

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    k-mets is dumb. this thread is just dumb.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taking two OLB's in the 1st round would piss me off like no other.

Our offense is abysmal and has been for years. Now we have two Top 15 picks to go towards fixing it but we're going to stick with this outdated philosophy of building a "superunit" defense?

F*ck that noise

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i dont post here much, but have been reading and with the draft coming i must say, i dont have a good feeling about any of the offensive skill position players being drafted at 9 and 13.

I would be all over Lacy at 39, but i feel like we need to go BPA with the first 2 picks...and it sounds like we could have one of many combinations of OG and OLB. To be honest with you, i dont think it would be the worst thing to take 2 OLB. If there is one thing the Giants have proven is that a pass rush can make a lot of problems go away.

Dude seriously??? Our offense is horrid.i would bug if we took two defensive players with our first two picks.im ok with a pass rusher in the first round but we need talent on offense.give me eifert and/or Austin

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brol79 View Post
    Dude seriously??? Our offense is horrid.i would bug if we took two defensive players with our first two picks.im ok with a pass rusher in the first round but we need talent on offense.give me eifert and/or Austin
    I dont see the point of drafting a WR while having no QB and having young receivers like Hill and Kerley who you expect to get better (plus holmes). I think we can roll with the WR's we have now, and draft a WR next year if we think that the draft is top heavy in defensive players and guards this year.

I also think there is something to be said for TE and WR's making a bigger impact in the first year then other position players like OLB, DT, DE etc...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eifert is going to be a star depending on his QB. It's never a bad idea to draft pro bowlers. TE at 9 isnt' the best situation though. WOuld prefer the 2nd pick especially because I don't think he gets drafted till the 2nd half of round 1.

And EJ Manuel I would have no problem drafting at 9. I think the guy's going to be a good QB, so I'll trust that prediction. Most important position on the field by a mile.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Eifert is going to be a star depending on his QB. It's never a bad idea to draft pro bowlers. TE at 9 isnt' the best situation though. WOuld prefer the 2nd pick especially because I don't think he gets drafted till the 2nd half of round 1.

And EJ Manuel I would have no problem drafting at 9. I think the guy's going to be a good QB, so I'll trust that prediction. Most important position on the field by a mile.
    We have such a horrible history of drafting TE's...i am just not ok with going down that road in the top 15.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you guys are nearly as guilty as the OP.

We don't need to draft offense in the first, anymore than we need to stay away from any other position. Believe me, if Warmack & Cooper weren't available or in this draft, I'd be squarely tooting the defense horn for Star and Jones.

Are you guys advocating that we force picks to avoid defense?

Star
    Jones
    Ertz
    Quassenberry
    Rogers

Why is that not the right move? that's maximizing the talent..

I'm not OK with this "FIX THE O!!" soapbox... the "O" started and end with Mark Sanchez and our sh*tty run game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jarvis and Star won't be great... Both of those guys are kind of safe in that they probably won't be huge busts, but a first round like that would bother me. Jarvis just won't be more than a 10 sack guy to me in his best case scenario. He'll be a good player because he'll be good against the run, and he'll get to the QB occasionally, but nothing beyond that.

Ertz is good, but he's not Eifert. Ertz is held back by his lack of a catch radius. He is good wtih the ball though and is very mobile. I expected more from him blocking and actually think Eifert is better in that sense as well. I'd be fine with Ertz in the 2nd though.

Quessenberry and Rogers I like.

I think Cooper and Chance are both pro bowl types but I would say that Cooper is the better of the two. Would have no problem with either of them in the 1st round.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post

you would really draft ej at 9?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure I speak for much of the board when I say I appreciate the honesty.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I'm sure I speak for much of the board when I say I appreciate the honesty.
    I hope it didn't take long to come up with that one...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If idsik doesn't work out....please don't tell jetsfan1983 to apply for the job....I have never seen so many bad ideas coming from anyone on this site in all my time here!!!!
    Dumb dumb.
    Last edited by DBAKE; 04-22-2013 at 05:27 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ej Manuel at 9 and I switch teams!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Completely and totally disagree. The Jets need to STOP only building one side of the ball. I would be very happy with QB and WR/TE in the first round, pissed with OLB and CB

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    Ej Manuel at 9 and I switch teams!!!
    You people get too worked up about where a guy is slotted... As an evaluator, you determine which guy is going to be good. Manuel is basically the only QB that I think will be good. I can't guarantee that a team like buffalo won't move into the teens to take him. As a GM, if I lose Manuel, I lose my job because my team sucks.

Don't play with the QB position... 2 years from now, people only give a **** about whether the player turned out good. Reach is the dumbest term in regards to the draft because the bottom line is that nobody can truly prove whether it is a reach. If a guy is a 7th rounder but 2 teams like him in the first, then he's a 1st rounder