Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Put Out the Word - Interested In Trading Down

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    What??????? Why do you bother to get up in the morning? How can you watch/root for Jets with that philosophy?
    Simple. Because I have to get up and make a living.

I get up, eat my breakfast, read the newspaper, see the Jets suck again, then go to work all pissed. Rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    All he has to do is hire Bray Bray and you will be wearing a Idzik jersey if one even existed..
    I'd build a friggin' statue.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCroatian View Post
    According to the Draft Value Chart:
    13th Pick: 1150 value
    31st Pick: 600 value
    34th Pick: 560 value

So we would trade 1150 for 1160 in value. Seems about as close to a perfect deal as you will find.
    so if that trade goes down with Frisco, it would mean we got a late 1st, early 2nd, and more than likely 2014 3rd round pick for Revis.

seems like a good deal to me

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    First off, we won't know if there will be another "Russell Wilson"-type QB in the 2nd/3rd round because that doesn't happen often.

Plus, even if we did, the QB still has to be *DEVELOPED* and do you seriously have confidence in this crappy Coaching staff to properly develop QB's?

Come on now.....

My "astounding display of logic" is the belief that the Jets Coaching Staff does not utilize any of it(logic, I mean).
    Did "we" know if there was a Russell Wilson in the last draft? "We" don't know this because "we" are a bunch of goofballs arguing on the internet about things we have little access to.

Morninwheg has solid credentials. I'm not expecting Rex to teach some rookie how to tweak his throwing motion.

I am also not expecting that if the Jets draft a promising rookie, that he will be thrown out with the bathwater when the HC gets fired.

You also are lacking in logic in this post. You seem to be afraid that the Jets will draft a good QB, and he will somehow save Rex's job. How would a new QB that is not developed well in his rookie year save a coach's job?

Are you insinuating that just because the Jets draft a QB early, that Rex gets a pass? Rex had one of the worst QBs ever and went to the AFCCG. If he does it again, does that make him a bad coach?

What the hell is your beef? Does the tattoo bother you that much?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    The reason teams like Atlanta and the Jets even are trading those picks is because you only get to keep 53 players anyway. Sometimes I think some of you want to draft 10 new guys every year when you simply can't do that.

Frisco has a million picks but they are worthless to keep because they can't keep each guy. It's just poor asset management.

Atlanta is a good trading partner, and Sheldon Richardson should be there by the time the Jets pick at 13. He also fits their system well. Not sure he's going to be a pro bowler personally, but I can see why someone would fall in love with him. The effort and speed is unique.
    Just saying I don't know how much the Falcons have to work with as trade bait in this draft having depleted a lot of their store (5 picks) for Julio Jones in 2011, maybe some of them were future picks? And, this is one year the Jets could certainly use more than the standard 7 to build up their depleted roster.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    Did "we" know if there was a Russell Wilson in the last draft? "We" don't know this because "we" are a bunch of finals arguing on the internet about things we have little access to.
    A bunch of what?

Damn, I hate finals. The Mid-terms are just as crappy.

Morninwheg has solid credentials. I'm not expecting Rex to teach some rookie how to tweak his throwing motion.
    We'll see but if recent Jets history is any indication, it won't work out the way we pray it will. Maybe it will and I'll choke on my words but more than likely it won't.

I am also not expecting that if the Jets draft a promising rookie, that he will be thrown out with the bathwater when the HC gets fired.
    Where the hell did I say that the Rook gets the boot if the HC gets fired? Maybe I misunderstood your statement here but if not, I said before that I hope Rex and Mark Sanchez(who is not a promising rookie) gets shown the door after next season.

You also are lacking in logic in this post. You seem to be afraid that the Jets will draft a good QB, and he will somehow save Rex's job.
    How would a new QB that is not developed well in his rookie year save a coach's job?
    It shouldn't but considering the type of "logic" that the Jets employ, NOTHING would surprise me at this point.

Are you insinuating that just because the Jets draft a QB early, that Rex gets a pass? Rex had one of the worst QBs ever and went to the AFCCG. If he does it again, does that make him a bad coach?
    If he does it again without Revis, it will be a miracle of biblical proportions.

What the hell is your beef? Does the tattoo bother you that much?
    What tattoo?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I DO NOT want any QB drafted this year to help Rex Ryan. Let him crash and burn with Sanchez, and then dump them out the door at the end of the year. Draft a QB NEXT year.
    Lol let them both crash and burn Harsh.. Lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodjet View Post
    Lol let them both crash and burn Harsh.. Lol
    It's an expression. I just want them both out.

So sorry I'm offending the Rex supporters out there like kali yuga.

Anyway, just get them both the hell away from this franchise.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    so far Idzik is being true to his mission statement from his first presser.... draft picks are precious assets

and unlike his predecessor it appears that they won't be peeing away 2 of them for useless CFL quality quarterbacks.

That said --- I would be very happy if he traded down the 13 to the Niners for the 31 and the 34 since I don't see a great deal of talent difference between those spots and having two or them is better than one

This would give the Jets the 9, 31, 34 and 39, four picks in the top 40 of the draft which would be a great head start in finding impact players to build a dominating Jet franchise with

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    so far Idzik is being true to his mission statement from his first presser.... draft picks are precious assets

and unlike his predecessor it appears that they won't be peeing away 2 of them for useless CFL quality quarterbacks.

That said --- I would be very happy if he traded down the 13 to the Niners for the 31 and the 34 since I don't see a great deal of talent difference between those spots and having two or them is better than one

This would give the Jets the 9, 31, 34 and 39, four picks in the top 40 of the draft which would be a great head start in finding impact players to build a dominating Jet franchise with

Agreed. What Idzik does here will determine how his tenure as GM shapes out, IMO.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I fully support stockpiling as many early picks as possible. We need talent and a lot of it.
    yep!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets did indeed pick up the 31st and 34th picks from San Fran then I'd be pretty stoked about that deal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Say the Niners offered the 31st and 34th pick for the #13 pick. The Jets would then have 4 picks in the top 45, including one in the top 10.

That's how you rebuild a depleted roster.
    F*cking right.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm surprised that no one has guessed that this could in itself be a smokescreen. How better to avoid teams jumping ahead of your pick than basically announcing that you want to trade out of the early part of the first?
    Especially if you think you and a certain Upstate NY team are targetting the same QB. If the Bills want Nassib , they either have to take him at 8 or lose him to the Jets at 13. The Jets pick before them in round 2 so the Jets can't wait until then or allow the Bills to trade up before that Jets 2nd round pick.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    A bunch of what?
    See the edit. Actually, I'm sure you already did. Weak.

Damn, I hate finals. The Mid-terms are just as crappy.
    Unless your prof has a quota, you probably shouldn't bother showing up.

We'll see but if recent Jets history is any indication, it won't work out the way we pray it will. Maybe it will and I'll choke on my words but more than likely it won't.
    Recent Jets history has them picking to worst crop of offensive coordinators available. MM may have been sh!t as a HC, but he has impressed at OC.

Where the hell did I say that the Rook gets the boot if the HC gets fired? Maybe I misunderstood your statement here but if not, I said before that I hope Rex and Mark Sanchez(who is not a promising rookie) gets shown the door after next season.
    It's actually kind of hard to tell what you were saying, you talk a lot and speak very little.

Are you capable of producing a cohesive thought?

What the hell school do you go to? How are you still there?

It shouldn't but considering the type of "logic" that the Jets employ, NOTHING would surprise me at this point.
    Again, details would be nice. How about not just broadly generalizing "the Jets", but assigning some responsibility to specific offices? The ownership and front office appear to be those little men from electric football in the 60s and 70s, rattling around and bumping into each other randomly, and somehow that one little blue guy wanders into the endzone and drafts Darrelle Revis.

quote]If he does it again without Revis, it will be a miracle of biblical proportions.[/quote]

I also feel the loss of Revis, but you didn't answer the question.

What tattoo?
    The one on your forehead, written backwards, that you see every morning when you try to scrub your blackheads. It says "If you're reading this, then you got ass-raped in the access alley of the Back Door Lounge. Toodles!"
    Last edited by kali yuga; 04-22-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Almost exit time, methinks....give our regards to GMC

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Just saying I don't know how much the Falcons have to work with as trade bait in this draft having depleted a lot of their store (5 picks) for Julio Jones in 2011, maybe some of them were future picks? And, this is one year the Jets could certainly use more than the standard 7 to build up their depleted roster.
    Falcons have:
    1,2,3,4,4,5,6,7,7,7,7 (4 of those being comp picks that cannot be traded.)

49ers have:
    1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,6,6,7,7,7 (3 of those being comp picks.)

The niners are prime targets to use picks to trade up or trade for picks next year ala the Pats. As 1983 pointed out they have a stacked deep team as it is and they only have so many spots open.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    If the Jets did indeed pick up the 31st and 34th picks from San Fran then I'd be pretty stoked about that deal.
    +1

9, 31, 34 and 39.....crazy! 4 picks in the Top 40 are exactly what a rebuilding franchise needs.

OLB, OG, TE, DT.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Almost exit time, methinks....give our regards to GMC
    Nothing you think will ever be relevant.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    And how many people say the defense carried him to those two Championship Games?
    the TEAM carried him... RUNNING GAME / DEFENSE... because since 2009 our Rex's first year...

there are currently only 5 Jets still on the team

MARK SANCHEZ
    D'BRICK
    MANGOLD
    HARRIS
    & PACE * CUT / RE-SIGNED

AND THATS WHY WE ARE WERE WE ARE...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am such a troll.
    Yes you are.