Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Jets Put Out the Word - Interested In Trading Down

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    +1

9, 31, 34 and 39.....crazy! 4 picks in the Top 40 are exactly what a rebuilding franchise needs.

OLB, OG, TE, DT.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Yes you are.
    Looks like you're gonna get that A+ on your final. Way to study.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    +1

9, 31, 34 and 39.....crazy! 4 picks in the Top 40 are exactly what a rebuilding franchise needs.

OLB, OG, TE, DT.
    If those are my choices for position I'd go Warmack if he's there.

Just curious, which DT are you particular for? I'd rather a RB with that pick, preferably Montee Ball.

Either way, the draft is going to be pretty exciting whether we trade down or not. Quite frankly, having 3 picks in the Top 40, 2 of which in the Top 15 I think would be just as good as 4 picks with 3 being essentially high 2nd round picks.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    You should be band for this. LOL!

Never gets old. I love how the commissioners were laughing at the reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    Looks like you're gonna get that A+ on your final. Way to study.
    Way to get kicked out.

(and another troll bites the dust...)

Back to talking Jets and them trading down.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    You should be band for this. LOL!

Never gets old. I love how the commissioners were laughing at the reactions.
    ESPN was playing the. WE WANT SAPP.....cheering, then the KYLE BRADY selection.

So sad......

@mortreport: Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert definitely a player among most targeted for trade-up possibilities in NFL Draft. @ESPNNFL

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    They can do better than that, me thinks. #13 would warrant the Vikes two first round picks. That, I would do in a heartbeat.

Not really bro, not even #9 is a good match in draft value.

#9 = 1,350 value
    #23 = 760
    #25 = 720

So 1,350 for 1480. Wed have to trade our #9 and throw in a 5th round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by MadCroatian View Post

#9 = 1,350 value
    #23 = 760
    #25 = 720

Which may be gone (Ivory).

#9 = 1,350 value
    #23 = 760
    #25 = 720

The team trading up has to give up some value. I wouldnt give them a thing. I'd be thrilled if we trade down at 9 for this and down at 13 for 3 or SFs picks. Imagine having 8 picks in the 1st 3 rounds this draft. Yeah total pipe dream but your talking 1 year retool with no cap. Idzak would look like a genus if even half of them became solid starters. Right now if he just takes both picks as is and one fails he'd just be the guy who gave away Revis.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Which may be gone (Ivory).
    Ivory is already off the table. We scared him back to NOs.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    The draft is not a complete crap shoot.. There is a reason that some teams are better at drafting than others.

That mentality is just the wrong way to look at the draft.

Because I believe the talent at 13 is similar to the talent at 31 and 34, I would be interested in trading down with Frisco.

According to the draft value chart, 13 roughly equals 31 and 34. We could really end up with someone like Ertz and a QB there. The only 2 QB's I'd even take on my team are EJ Manuel and Glennon though. Glennon has a smaller chance at being very good in my opinion. Manuel is the guy I would really try to get if reasonably possible.
    Good thoughts. If we trade down for those 2 picks, I would try to pick Eifert AND Ertz if they are both there. Worry about those other positions later, grab the top two TEs if you can. Assuming Eifert is still on the board, which I think he will be.

Jets Insider VIP

#9 = 1,350 value
    #23 = 760
    #25 = 720

We could throw in Sanchez AND Teblow...

Wait. .....that would reduce the value needed. ..

Never mind

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    The team trading up has to give up some value. I wouldnt give them a thing. I'd be thrilled if we trade down at 9 for this and down at 13 for 3 or SFs picks. Imagine having 8 picks in the 1st 3 rounds this draft. Yeah total pipe dream but your talking 1 year retool with no cap. Idzak would look like a genus if even half of them became solid starters. Right now if he just takes both picks as is and one fails he'd just be the guy who gave away Revis.
    The Falcons gave up a total value of 1,916 (5 picks) for one 6th in the first round worth 1,600 points, so yeah. (Granted two of the five were for the next year supposedly diminishing the value but still).

Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    Just to be more precise, the Jets 2 is 39, so they'd have 4 picks in the top 39.

That would be a busy stretch, picking at 31, 34, and 39!
    not really only bc the 2nd round is a different day then the first round.but on Friday having two picks early would be fun to watch.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    It does not mean anything telling everyone because we STILL have those picks...waiting till draft day is no different from saying it now and there will be takers like the Vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by parkwayjet1 View Post
    I'm not much of a poker player, so can anyone tell me why you show your hand 3 days before the draft?

Having said that, I'm definitely in favor of this philosophy - just wondering why you make it public.

All League
    I pray this is the year they finally trade back. It could have been done one if the last two years and thry might not have so many holes right now.

Hall Of Fame
    very very possible and that could equate to a team that will be competitive in 2013....winning 7-8 games might be a doable feat....scary thing is that the Jets will then have 12 picks in the 2014 draft....gents I have a feeling things are going to turn around fairly quickly in Jetland.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    #9 will tell the tale
    Every team has a draft board
    If Jets have 4 guys on their board still when they are on the clock, I'm thinking they are trading out, possibly landing either the Vikings or 49ers 1st rounders.

Best case scenario is that both the Vikings & the 49ers covet someone at #9.
    #13 I believe will be a player like Jarvis Jones or Cooper.
    Then, the bottom of the 1st & top of the 2nd round will be owned by the Jets & that is where they will be making hay.

Just go look at Gil Brandt or Mike Mayocks top 100
    Everyone talks about Value
    What better value is there in this draft than the 2nd & 3rd rounds?
    Most exciting draft EVER for the NY Jets fans.
    Thank god so many underclassman went into this draft!
    If they get Ivory they are set at RB with Ivory, Powell, Goodsen.
    They will come out of this draft with OG, OLB, TE, FS, WR, all picked between 13-39!

Hall Of Fame
    just how is this coaching staff crappy...we have a new and REAL OC and a darn good coach at DC in Thurman and Rex will be focusing on the defense....how is this crappy...this team has one damn losing record in the last 5 years and you want them to fail just to get rid of a coach that has done more than most jets coaches in the teams history....are you for real. Some of you have ZERO logic....why watch jets football.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    First off, we won't know if there will be another "Russell Wilson"-type QB in the 2nd/3rd round because that doesn't happen often.

Plus, even if we did, the QB still has to be *DEVELOPED* and do you seriously have confidence in this crappy Coaching staff to properly develop QB's?

Come on now.....

My "astounding display of logic" is the belief that the Jets Coaching Staff does not utilize any of it(logic, I mean).

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    just how is this coaching staff crappy...we have a new and REAL OC and a darn good coach at DC in Thurman and Rex will be focusing on the defense....how is this crappy...this team has one damn losing record in the last 5 years and you want them to fail just to get rid of a coach that has done more than most jets coaches in the teams history....are you for real. Some of you have ZERO logic....why watch jets football.
    I don't get Rex angst. I think it's a situation where they think the grass is always greener.