Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Put Out the Word - Interested In Trading Down

If San Fran would trade essentially equal value for our 13 I would love this on so many levels, but especially for the fact that noone would be cursed with having to be the guy traded for Revis.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    The Rex hate is so confusing to me...

We can all agree that Sanchez sucks, right?

Assuming that fact to be true, how could you EVER get rid of a coach who took a team to the championship game 2 years with a garbage QB?

Rex is fine... he's not the problem. All the best coaches need a QB. Hell, we seen it with Parcells.
    Rex endorsed Sanchez to the end including all the coddling.
    Rex essentially hired Sparano.

Please, to not put some of the ills of this team at his feet is foolish. He's been a medicore to bad head coach so far with his in game decisions, his attention to all facets of the team and his player evaluation. He's been great at the part of foot ball he loves that being the defense for the most part.

He is the had coach, not the D-coordinator. The good news is that he actually seems to be learning from some of his bad decisions and has the potential to be a very good head coach. He is not there yet at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MadCroatian View Post
    According to the Draft Value Chart:
    13th Pick: 1150 value
    31st Pick: 600 value
    34th Pick: 560 value

So we would trade 1150 for 1160 in value. Seems about as close to a perfect deal as you will find.
    I never really liked that value chart, but teams were rumored to be using it prior to the lockout.

You have to wonder how much it's accuracy changed after they instituted the rookie salary cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

Please, to not put some of the ills of this team at his feet is foolish. He's been a medicore to bad head coach so far with his in game decisions, his attention to all facets of the team and his player evaluation. He's been great at the part of foot ball he loves that being the defense for the most part.

He is the had coach, not the D-coordinator. The good news is that he actually seems to be learning from some of his bad decisions and has the potential to be a very good head coach. He is not there yet at all.
    Rex wasn't the GM... And he's going to talk up all of his current players.

The bottom line is to evaluate Rex as a coach and to look at results.

Despite a bad QB, he took the team to two AFC championship games. that's almost unheard of and can't be debated. I want the Jets to win a super bowl and you need a coach capable of getting to that point. Rex was extremely close to doing it without a QB. How much more proof is needed? You get a coach capable of winning it, and just stick with him.

The lack of continuity is what breeds failure. Get a coach capable, stay with them.

Despite a bad QB, he took the team to two AFC championship games. that's almost unheard of and can't be debated. I want the Jets to win a super bowl and you need a coach capable of getting to that point. Rex was extremely close to doing it without a QB. How much more proof is needed? You get a coach capable of winning it, and just stick with him.

The lack of continuity is what breeds failure. Get a coach capable, stay with them.
    lol it is sooooo funny to see people use the old afc championship as an agenda. Why do you think sanchez was lauded so much in his 1st couple of years despite being mediocre at best? Because "He took us to two straight AFC title games."

lol it is sooooo funny to see people use the old afc championship as an agenda. Why do you think sanchez was lauded so much in his 1st couple of years despite being mediocre at best? Because "He took us to two straight AFC title games."
    He took us to those AFC championship games as much as Dilfer took that Ravens team to the super bowl.

And i love when the people who hate Rex go with the "haha, he's using that AFC championship game argument again" when it's the only thing that ****ing matters.

Results are what matters and you people try to complicate it all by adding other variables that don't matter. Rex got results with garbage at the QB position. It's that simple.

Get him a QB and see how much better he does. Not even a great one, just a top 10 QB.

I just want a super bowl and it drives me nuts that some of you clowns want constant turnover just because you get tired of the head coach who is there. It's clear that Rex isn't a bad coach. The results show that it isn't arguable. He's pretty much the most successful coach in the history of this pathetic franchise.

Constant turnover and the system changes that accompany it result in losing.
    Last edited by jetsfan1983; 04-22-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    #9 will tell the tale

Best case scenario is that both the Vikings & the 49ers covet someone at #9.
    #13 I believe will be a player like Jarvis Jones or Cooper.
    Then, the bottom of the 1st & top of the 2nd round will be owned by the Jets & that is where they will be making hay.
    According to the article the Falcons are coveting DT Sheldon Richardson who is falling to #13 on some mocks. But they traded so many picks for Jones in 2011 they are approaching Tanny territory and don't know what they have to work with.

Banned
    And how many people say the defense carried him to those two Championship Games?

Undrafted Free Agent

To be fair, Sanchez did not perform like a bad QB in the playoffs for the most part, and was a decent game manager during the first two years. Granted, it was due in part to a fantastic running game and stellar defense, but he wasn't the problem at that point. Don't get me wrong, he has proven himself to be a sub-par QB on every level since.

As far as Rex goes, all this talk of him "losing the locker room" over the last two years is troubling, and it's for that reason that he should have been canned after last season IMO. His act has clearly grown stale with a lot of players and when that happens, another mutiny is always one bad loss away.....and there is going to be plenty of those this year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by parkwayjet1 View Post
    OK - Having watched my share of drafts over the years, I thought that it was only on the day of - or even the 15 minutes of - the draft that teams sprung into action on all this. Obviously not. In 2000 when the Jets had 4 first rounders and Parcells was at the controls, I wonder how hot those phone lines were in the Jets war room. I believe the Steelers were hot for Chad before the Jets snagged him at #18.
    Teams will often set out rough parameters and talk in broad terms about possible deals, so that the 15 minute slot is about finalising a deal, not starting negotiations.

E.g. Team A says to Team B, we might look to move up in the draft, what would you be asking for if we wanted your pick? Team B gives a broad idea (your pick + x, or your pick + y + z). Then if a guy Team A likes a lot is available when Team B are due to pick, they at least have a start point.

Team B however, also wants to have Teams C and D (and so on) interested so they can get the best offer at the time. If you have lots of interest, 15 minutes is not a lot of time to field offers and get the best deal.

Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    So if Idzik really knows personnel, and finds a guy of Russell Wilson value in the second or third round, you want him to pass on that guy because you want the head coach fired?

Astounding display of logic.

First off, we won't know if there will be another "Russell Wilson"-type QB in the 2nd/3rd round because that doesn't happen often.

Plus, even if we did, the QB still has to be *DEVELOPED* and do you seriously have confidence in this crappy Coaching staff to properly develop QB's?

Come on now.....

My "astounding display of logic" is the belief that the Jets Coaching Staff does not utilize any of it(logic, I mean).

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    According to the article the Falcons are coveting DT Sheldon Richardson who is falling to #13 on some mocks. But they traded so many picks for Jones in 2011 they are approaching Tanny territory and don't know what they have to work with.
    The reason teams like Atlanta and the Jets even are trading those picks is because you only get to keep 53 players anyway. Sometimes I think some of you want to draft 10 new guys every year when you simply can't do that.

Frisco has a million picks but they are worthless to keep because they can't keep each guy. It's just poor asset management.

Atlanta is a good trading partner, and Sheldon Richardson should be there by the time the Jets pick at 13. He also fits their system well. Not sure he's going to be a pro bowler personally, but I can see why someone would fall in love with him. The effort and speed is unique.

+100000.

50% of the blame should go to Mark Sanchez. Maybe, to be nice, 30-40% should go to Rex and the rest on the other members of the Team for playing like ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    First off, we won't know if there will be another "Russell Wilson"-type QB in the 2nd/3rd round because that doesn't happen often.

Plus, even if we did, the QB still has to be *DEVELOPED* and do you seriously have confidence in this crappy Coaching staff to properly develop QB's?

Come on now.....

My "astounding display of logic" is the belief that the Jets Coaching Staff does not utilize any of it(logic, I mean).
    Are you suggesting they forfeit all of their 2013 picks then? Just wait to draft when a competent staff is in place?

Come on now.....

What??????? Why do you bother to get up in the morning? How can you watch/root for Jets with that philosophy?

The Sanchez thing was disconcerting, but I am not convinced that it was Red that hired Sparano. He also supposedly hired Schottenheimer back when he first took the job.

Since Woody bought this team, it has been a disturbing trend that coaches aren't allowed to choose their assistants.

Herm had Cottrell and Hackett pushed on him. Mangini had Schotty pushed on him. So did Rex.

Rex's presser right after the Sparano hire sounded like he was reading from a script. He was wooden and not at all the animated Rex Ryan we have come to know.

I would not be surprised if Tannenbaum had the idea of a package deal of Sparano-Haley planted in his head by Parcells, and when Haley bailed on the deal, he realized he only had one egg left in his basket and went with it.

Oh, by the way, aside from Tanny, how many key FO people from his regime were fired?

Because it seems like Idzik didn't even have the option of bringing in any of his own people.

Par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Are you suggesting they forfeit all of their 2013 picks then? Just wait to draft when a competent staff is in place?
    I was talking about In-game stuff involving the Coaching staff.

Drafting is a different story since I'll give Idzik a shot to impress me.

All Pro
    Frisco has a million picks but they are worthless to keep because they can't keep each guy. It's just poor asset management.
    My money is on SF trying to turn some of their 2013 picks into 2014 picks ... 31 and 34 are potentially sweet spots for QB hungry teams to trade into.

Lots of picks one year is good ... lots of picks in multiple years is even better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I was talking about In-game stuff involving the Coaching staff.

Drafting is a different story since I'll give Idzik a shot to impress me.
    All he has to do is hire Bray Bray and you will be wearing a Idzik jersey if one even existed..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Say the Niners offered the 31st and 34th pick for the #13 pick. The Jets would then have 4 picks in the top 45, including one in the top 10.

That's how you rebuild a depleted roster.
    They can do better than that, me thinks. #13 would warrant the Vikes two first round picks. That, I would do in a heartbeat.

Draft a Guard or pass rusher at #9, trade down from #13 and perhaps parlay one of those two into more picks - even for next year.