Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RICHIE HAVENS HAS DIED

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    My signed Richie Havens CD..... I put it on my signed ELP album .

That is great. What a nice keepsake to have. Love the penmanship and the note itself.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    ++ Here, Here. I saw Richie play way back in the Sixties at the Bitter End in the East Village and also at Googies. In the 1990's he was at Monmouth College in NJ and gave a great performance. If anyone wants his old LP albums(vinyl), let me know-- I have them in storage.
    You and Richie looked out for each other, huh?

Hall Of Fame
    Saw him perform at Walter Payton's Restaurant in Aurora Illinois. It was an old
    Railroad Turnabout Building where Payton walked around and talked and signed for everybody all the time. If I was a Bears fan it would have been a huge deal.
    I once asked Payton to come over to our table and wish my friend a happy birthday. He came over and said some Jet fan (sweatshirt) sent him over.

Richie was playing outside, I think you had to pay because I didn't go outside, although the windows were open. I remember he sang a Version of Pink Floyd's "On The Turning Away" - accapella.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I'm not old enough to have lived through Woodstock. My first real exposure to Richie was the Bob Dylan 30th Anniversary Concert. He pretty much stole the show.

Been an admirer ever since.

RIP Richie.

Jets Insider VIP