Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 100

Thread: Jets like Nassib at 13 per Mike Francesa

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,912
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Nassib at 13 would be an X against Idzik.

    Later on Nassib is worth it, but not that early.

    That's how you make a bad team worse. Draft a player who is questionable, who won't play - or will on a swiss cheese terrible no playmaker offense and lead the team to a 1-15 record, of which next year they don't draft a QB because they already invested in one.
    No worse then taking a G IMO. I really think we look to trade down with that pick though. If we get 3 picks from SF or 2 from Seattle we do it. If they can stock up on more early picks they will. I could even see us trading up to get back ino the 3rd to do it. We are filling starter roles in this draft. If we can come out of this draft with 5-6 early picks to fill QB, OLB, MLB, RB, WR, RT and TE yeah they do it.

  2. #22
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    86
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would rather we pick up Tyler Wilson a bit later on. Nassib seems alright but 13 is really high

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cooper and Nassib in rd 1! No way Jets are trotting Sanchez out there for 8 home games this year.

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nassib Cannot throw a deep ball and I don't see him correcting that. I'm a bigger fan of Manuel.

  5. #25
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad the jets are finally playing the media like the media has played them for so long.

  6. #26
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    No worse then taking a G IMO. I really think we look to trade down with that pick though. If we get 3 picks from SF or 2 from Seattle we do it. If they can stock up on more early picks they will. I could even see us trading up to get back ino the 3rd to do it. We are filling starter roles in this draft. If we can come out of this draft with 5-6 early picks to fill QB, OLB, MLB, RB, WR, RT and TE yeah they do it.
    For a player to be rated as the surest thing in the draft, like Warmack, and a big question mark, like Geno Smith or Nassib, it's not the same. Rebuilding we need players who will be viable starters. Not to start gambling on players.

  7. #27
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,842
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    He said he had no direct contact with the Jets...but mentioned word is that Jets are looking at Nassib at 13.Smokescreen or serious,not sure.
    lol

    as if even if the Jets would talk to him they would tell a radio personality, "Hey! we really like Nassib with our second first round pick...but don't tell anyone."


  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    lol

    as if even if the Jets would talk to him they would tell a radio personality, "Hey! we really like Nassib with our second first round pick...but don't tell anyone."


    Word is that in Week 1 we'll play action on the first play of the game and try to go deep to Stephen Hill. Jets aren't tell me this....it's just what I'm hearing.

  9. #29
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,835
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Word is that in Week 1 we'll play action on the first play of the game and try to go deep to Stephen Hill. Jets aren't tell me this....it's just what I'm hearing.
    I like it!

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    He said he had no direct contact with the Jets...but mentioned word is that Jets are looking at Nassib at 13.Smokescreen or serious,not sure.
    He said he has absolutely no knowledge of what the Jets want to do and that he has no inside information from the Jets or anyone else regarding the Jets draft day intentions. So here we are making something out of nothing. Thanks, man.

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I like it!
    On the very first play Rex will yell over to Revis on the field, "What's up, slapd!ck? Your shoe is untied." As Revis looks down at his feet we'll snap the ball and go deep to Hill.

    Shhh! Don't tell Tampa.


  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,835
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    On the very first play Rex will yell over to Revis on the field, "What's up, slapd!ck? Your shoe is untied." As Revis looks down at his feet we'll snap the ball and go deep to Hill.

    Shhh! Don't tell Tampa.

    Or, just have everyone in the stands waving dollar bills. Easily distracted Revis will run around to collect while "stone hands" ,with stick'em on his hands, catches the ball and walks to the endzone. Ahhhh picture perfect

  13. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Nassib at 13 would be an X against Idzik.

    Later on Nassib is worth it, but not that early.

    That's how you make a bad team worse. Draft a player who is questionable, who won't play - or will on a swiss cheese terrible no playmaker offense and lead the team to a 1-15 record, of which next year they don't draft a QB because they already invested in one.
    Thats unfair John, Manning went 3-13 his first season. If they believe Nassib is the QB of the future trading down from the #9 or #13 slot and selecting him with whichever pick remains is ok by me. You get your franchise QB wherever you can get him, no matter what round or place where you select him.

  14. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,988
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you guys would be okay with drafting a tiny 5-8 slot receiver at #13 but not our potential starting QB? WTF?

  15. #35
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    Thats unfair John, Manning went 3-13 his first season. If they believe Nassib is the QB of the future trading down from the #9 or #13 slot and selecting him with whichever pick remains is ok by me. You get your franchise QB wherever you can get him, no matter what round or place where you select him.
    Manning was ranked as one of the top prospects, at his position and overall in the draft. Nassib isn't even close.

    I didn't say not to draft him, I said not to draft him at 9 or 13 - decreasing the likelihood of drafting another one in 2014.

  16. #36
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    Thats unfair John, Manning went 3-13 his first season. If they believe Nassib is the QB of the future trading down from the #9 or #13 slot and selecting him with whichever pick remains is ok by me. You get your franchise QB wherever you can get him, no matter what round or place where you select him.
    +1

    If Nassib is your guy, you take him when you get him. Trying to be cute, you lose out on your guy and end up with a player you like less. Think Favre. We had a deal, it fell through. Rather than make another one, we stand pat and take Nagle.

  17. #37
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    295
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure someone has already said this but Nassib being available at 13 means that his former head coach would have passed on him at 9.

  18. #38
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    772
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    So you guys would be okay with drafting a tiny 5-8 slot receiver at #13 but not our potential starting QB? WTF?
    Welker is only 5'9 and Austin is twice as fast and durable.

  19. #39
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    So you guys would be okay with drafting a tiny 5-8 slot receiver at #13 but not our potential starting QB? WTF?
    I'm not on board with that either.

    You don't pick a player just because he's the highest rated player at that position. What if the QBs in this draft are the 10 worst players overall, and are ranked as the last 10 players picked in round 7? Do you take the best of that bunch with your first round pick?

    Problem here is certain people think certain players are better/worse than other people's opinions.

    IMO, which I'm entitled to, there should be no QB taken by the Jets in the first round. It's not worth the risk with the caliber of QBs available.

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,912
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Welker is only 5'9 and Austin is twice as fast and durable.
    What round did Welker go in?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us