Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jets like Nassib at 13 per Mike Francesa

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I hope you're right about that. I really don't follow college ball enough to know about all of these players from so many schools across the US.

But I do know the Jets have an awful lot of needs right now, so taking a QB, especially when everyone says there will be a lot more talented prospects next year (and we'll also still have extra picks to move up with), might be a better move next season.

For me, I would much rather Idzik chase fixing the OL, defense, and running game for this season. Look at more skill positions next year.
    The Jets absolutely should draft QBs every year until they find the right one. Drafting QBs is good sauce. Just don't blow an early pick this year for middling talent. Next year is the year for 1st round QBs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Nassib will probably still be available on Saturday along with Glennon Bray Jones and a bunch of others that know nothings like Fart-cessa think should be reached for in round one

Mid-round talent and a very unexceptional college career. Taking him at 13 would be lunacy. This is a guy who probably would have been a 4th rounder in last year's draft. Seen him play in person and he's very unimpressive.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Nassib will probably still be available on Saturday along with Glennon Bray Jones and a bunch of others that know nothings like Fart-cessa think should be reached for in round one
    espn mcshay mock had nassib going #8 overall to buff...

Undrafted Free Agent
    I think that the Jets will be taking a QB with either the 13 or 39th pick, and regardless if they warrant it, I also think that Barkley, Nassib, and Manuel can all go in the 1st round. There are several teams that are desperate for a QB (including the Jets), so I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckkieB View Post
    I think that the Jets will be taking a QB with either the 13 or 39th pick, and regardless if they warrant it, I also think that Barkley, Nassib, and Manuel can all go in the 1st round. There are several teams that are desperate for a QB (including the Jets), so I wouldn't be at all surprised.
    39, maybe (but I don't approve). 13: not on your life. That would quickly establish Idzik as an idiot. I doubt that any of Nassib, Barkley, Glennon or Manuel will be taken in round 1. At least one or two of them should be around in round 3, and if none are, then there will be more available non-QB talent in round 3 than there should be and that's good for us because we have problems everywhere. There are other QB prospects, like Scott who can be had later than round 3. None of the aforementioned are worth round 2, let alone round 1. That's pure stupidity

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    39, maybe (but I don't approve). 13: not on your life. That would quickly establish Idzik as an idiot. I doubt that any of Nassib, Barkley, Glennon or Manuel will be taken in round 1. At least one or two of them should be around in round 3, and if none are, then there will be more available non-QB talent in round 3 than there should be and that's good for us because we have problems everywhere. There are other QB prospects, like Scott who can be had later than round 3. None of the aforementioned are worth round 2, let alone round 1. That's pure stupidity
    I think that Barkley is a legit late first round pick and Manuel not far behind him, but I agree with your assessment of the other QB's. That being said, we've seen in the past that desperate teams make desperate picks, and there are several teams that are desperate for a QB this year so I wouldn't be surprised if one or more teams reach for one in the first round.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckkieB View Post
    none of those three should even be considered with 9, 13 or 39

Lets not have Idzik start his career as a GM with a Leinart/Sanchez/Russell-like massive reach for a middle round quality quarterback

Schluberator & Gadfly
    My un-expert opinion is frankly I don't think there's a qb in this years draft worth a number 1 pick. Period.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    My un-expert opinion is frankly I don't think there's a qb in this years draft worth a number 1 pick. Period.
    but, ches..... what about your "sauces"???

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    none of those three should even be considered with 9, 13 or 39

Lets not have Idzik start his career as a GM with a Leinart/Sanchez/Russell-like massive reach for a middle round quality quarterback
    Agreed, but at 39 none of these guys are a reach anymore. The guys you mentioned were all taken top 10. At 9 or 13 i will be very upset if we take a QB, but at 39? We are in desperate need of a franchise QB. Even if there is only a 25 percent chance one of these guys pans it, i think it is worth the flier.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Nassib at 13 would be an X against Idzik.

Later on Nassib is worth it, but not that early.

That's how you make a bad team worse. Draft a player who is questionable, who won't play - or will on a swiss cheese terrible no playmaker offense and lead the team to a 1-15 record, of which next year they don't draft a QB because they already invested in one.
    Kind of like Flacco being a reach by the Ravens. Their reasoning was they liked him and didn't want to risk waiting.

How'd that work out? If you like a QB, think he can win you take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Kind of like Flacco being a reach by the Ravens. Their reasoning was they liked him and didn't want to risk waiting.

Flacco went right where he was predicted to go. The wonder was whether he would be ready to start in year 1, but he was a first round grade the whole time.

For every Flacco (who i still think is merely an above average QB with a big arm that got hot at the right time last year) there are plenty of Lockers, Ponders, Gabberts, Sanchez and so on. And for every reach in the 1st round that worked like Flacco, there are teams that waited until the 2nd round and took guys like Rodgers/Andy Dalton without losing their 1st round pick to a "prospect."

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    For every Flacco (who i still think is merely an above average QB with a big arm that got hot at the right time last year) there are plenty of Lockers, Ponders, Gabberts, Sanchez and so on. And for every reach in the 1st round that worked like Flacco, there are teams that waited until the 2nd round and took guys like Rodgers/Andy Dalton without losing their 1st round pick to a "prospect."
    Rodgers was a 1st round pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Flacco went right where he was predicted to go. The wonder was whether he would be ready to start in year 1, but he was a first round grade the whole time.
    No he didn't, he was considered to raw, too unsure a pick to go where he went.

Plenty of talk about him falling.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Not fair, he's proven himself to be a lot more than just a big arm. He's won, won big games and won the ultimate game. Hard to find fault with what he's done in the amount of time he's been in the league. Especially given that he was considered a bit more of a long term project than others. For all his so called faults he's a winner while "Matty Ice" underachieves ever year and gets a pass every time.

Rodgers was a 1st round pick, even after free falling into GBs lap

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Rodgers was a 1st round pick.
    My bad, i always confused him and Brees who was taken with the 1st pick of the 2nd round. But even Rodgers was taken late in the 1st round and not top 10-13

If Marrone passes up on him at 8, that's all anyone needs to know.