Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jets like Nassib at 13 per Mike Francesa

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Nassib Cannot throw a deep ball and I don't see him correcting that. I'm a bigger fan of Manuel.
    If they take a QB at 13 I would prefer EJ also

Nassib has above average arm strength, is tall enough and has big enough hands for the cold weather.

He feels pressure and is still accurate in the face of the rush.

Hes a leader who had to carry his team with marginal talent around him.

Hes smart and was able to learn a new, up-tempo offense late in the summer last year.

Hes worth the risk at 13. No sense in hoping hes there in the 20s

Jets have to act the fool bc Buff picz rt in frt of them.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Nassib has above average arm strength, is tall enough and has big enough hands for the cold weather.

He feels pressure and is still accurate in the face of the rush.

Hes a leader who had to carry his team with marginal talent around him.

Hes smart and was able to learn a new, up-tempo offense late in the summer last year.

Hes worth the risk at 13. No sense in hoping hes there in the 20s
    He's not even a top 5 qb in this draft, has good zip on short/ intermediate routes, but like Sanchez, his passes get more disproportionally inaccurate the further he asked to throw downfield.

If his own college coach passes on him at 8, it will speak volumes to his relative worth as a 1st rounder...

Jets Insider VIP
    IMO there's a better chance of the Jets drafting Mike Farce-ssa in round one than Nassib

What if Fatcessa's inside "sauces" is Darelle Revis?

I hate the prospect of drafting ryan nassib. Hes a fraud. If we draft him at all i will be PISSED! If we draft him at 13 I will no longer be a JETS fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Cooper and Nassib in rd 1! No way Jets are trotting Sanchez out there for 8 home games this year.
    Nassib? Lunacy.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    What if Fatcessa's inside "sauces" is Darelle Revis?
    nice!

It seems all of the leaked interest the Jets have in players, can be considered reaches... which sends the message, if you want "player X" then you have to get in front of us to get him. Thus pushing the real players we want down to us.

Not really brain surgery, but it's the right way to play chess for sure.

If teams move up for Mingo and Nassib, it would also prompt an early pick on Geno, then suddenly top 5-6 players get pushed to us at #9.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    He's not even a top 5 qb in this draft, has good zip on short/ intermediate routes, but like Sanchez, his passes get more disproportionally inaccurate the further he asked to throw downfield.

If his own college coach passes on him at 8, it will speak volumes to his relative worth as a 1st rounder...
    Can you tell me a QB whose passes get more accurate as he is asked to throw further downfield?

Can you tell me a QB whose passes get more accurate as he is asked to throw further downfield?
    Key word was disproportionally and by that I meant compared to other qb's.

Nassib doesn't have any above average arm... In fact his arm would suck for the meadowlands.

I'd rather have Barkley and I hate Barkley.

Why would Idzik draft a QB early at all unless one fell to him? He would be putting his whole first time GM rep on this guy in a no win situation. We are primed to possibly be in line for a great QB next year. He would have to be in love with a QB to select one before the 4th cause taking a qb any earlier would mean your not really looking for a QB in the 2014 draft.

Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    It seems all of the leaked interest the Jets have in players, can be considered reaches... which sends the message, if you want "player X" then you have to get in front of us to get him. Thus pushing the real players we want down to us.

Not really brain surgery, but it's the right way to play chess for sure.

If teams move up for Mingo and Nassib, it would also prompt an early pick on Geno, then suddenly top 5-6 players get pushed to us at #9.

It would be great if Jordan fell like Coples did last year but I just dont see that happening.

All Pro
    with out a doubt we are probably picking top 5 next year.. if not first overall..... TEDDY BRIDGEWATER!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    For a player to be rated as the surest thing in the draft, like Warmack, and a big question mark, like Geno Smith or Nassib, it's not the same. Rebuilding we need players who will be viable starters. Not to start gambling on players.
    YES!!!

No projects please!
    No reaching please!

When we are as thin in depth as now, the draft picks should conservative with a high liklihood for a solid player. Not one with as yet unrealized or unobserved "potential".

Believe it or not Tebow. He cant hit anything 15 yard infield but can throw a better long ball. It is all in the 48 inch pythons. Almost all his yards are on 25+ yard plays.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    Why would Idzik draft a QB early at all unless one fell to him? He would be putting his whole first time GM rep on this guy in a no win situation. We are primed to possibly be in line for a great QB next year. He would have to be in love with a QB to select one before the 4th cause taking a qb any earlier would mean your not really looking for a QB in the 2014 draft.
    Taking a qb in rd. 2+ has no bearing on taking a qb in rd. 1 next year with the new rookie wage scale.

Sanchez, Tebow and Garrard will all likely be gone by next year.

Finally, you can't put all your eggs in one basket and hope that a franchise qb will fall to you next year.

Even the Redskins backed up the RG3 pick by taking Cousins in rd. 4 (in the same year)...

The jets are very likely to take a qb, it's just a matter of what round really.
    They have scouted the qb position more than any other in this draft and have worked out all of the top 10 or so qb's...

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Key word was disproportionally and by that I meant compared to other qb's.

Nassib doesn't have any above average arm... In fact his arm would suck for the meadowlands.

I'd rather have Barkley and I hate Barkley.
    To compare him to sanchez is ridiculous.

With respect to the meadowlands - ive read the espn scouting report too that uses that exact phrase. Instead I prefer to try to actually think about the players skill set.

In cold weather the most important thing is hand size as your grip will affect if you can throw through the wind. Nassib has very large hands at 10 1/8th.

Nassib doesnt have the arm of stafford or rothlisberger but very few guys do.

His biggest criticism is throwing it "too hard" on short routes, which is probably the most fixable thing you a QB could have wrong with them.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    He said he had no direct contact with the Jets...but mentioned word is that Jets are looking at Nassib at 13.Smokescreen or serious,not sure.
    Perfect smokescreen to force the Bills to burn #8 with a reach for Nassib

Learned that watching Mangini set up Tanny for Sanchez - Sweet revenge