Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jets like Nassib at 13 per Mike Francesa

Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    What if Fatcessa's inside "sauces" is Darelle Revis?
    LMAO. I am cracking up. That was good. Thanks for the serious laugh. Meanwhile, if the Jets take a QB in the first round,

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    I'm a bigger fan of Manuel.
    +1

Much rather have Glennon in the 3rd round.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    To compare him to sanchez is ridiculous.

With respect to the meadowlands - ive read the espn scouting report too that uses that exact phrase. Instead I prefer to try to actually think about the players skill set.

In cold weather the most important thing is hand size as your grip will affect if you can throw through the wind. Nassib has very large hands at 10 1/8th.

Nassib doesnt have the arm of stafford or rothlisberger but very few guys do.

His biggest criticism is throwing it "too hard" on short routes, which is probably the most fixable thing you a QB could have wrong with them.
    I never read the ESPN scouting report, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the similarities.

I don't think the Jets have any interest in Nassib... The next qb is going to either be a big armed freak, or a guy with some wheels.

Just a few more days...

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Fatcessa's sources are as reliable as his lard filed arteries.
    Yep I never take any of his repugnant articles seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I never read the ESPN scouting report, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the similarities.

I don't think the Jets have any interest in Nassib... The next qb is going to either be a big armed freak, or a guy with some wheels.

Just a few more days...
    But how would a "big armed freak" fit into the WCO offense that we are now running that is timing and accuracy based?

But how would a "big armed freak" fit into the WCO offense that we are now running that is timing and accuracy based?
    Having a big arm doesn't mean you can't have timing and accuracy. Their new OC likes to throw downfield. That's why they took Foles last year and it's probably why Glennon (who played 4 years in a WCO in college) is going to be higher on their board vs. Nassib.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Listened to Francesa's entire show yesterday. Yes, he did say the Jets like Nassib. But I never heard him say that they like Nassib at 13. Just that they liked him.

All Pro
    Nassib has a heck of a fastball, but that's about all he has. His lack of touch is alarming, and he tosses some truly bizarre throws.

Hoping that this is a smokescreen. I believe Idzik does like a QB in this draft, and I suspect he may well trade down from #13 and then pick his guy later in the first.

My gut feeling is that it's likely to be Manuel, though it could get interesting in the event that Geno is still there.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Fatcessa's sources are as reliable as his lard filed arteries.
    This right here....everyone move along.

Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    It seems all of the leaked interest the Jets have in players, can be considered reaches... which sends the message, if you want "player X" then you have to get in front of us to get him. Thus pushing the real players we want down to us.

Not really brain surgery, but it's the right way to play chess for sure.

If teams move up for Mingo and Nassib, it would also prompt an early pick on Geno, then suddenly top 5-6 players get pushed to us at #9.
    What team picking behind the jets need a qb?

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Yep I never take any of his repugnant articles seriously.
    He is not saying that he believes the jets will take nassib, just that someone told him the jets like a player at 13, As John McLane said there is a lot of disinformation that goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Nassib has a heck of a fastball, but that's about all he has. His lack of touch is alarming, and he tosses some truly bizarre throws.

Hoping that this is a smokescreen. I believe Idzik does like a QB in this draft, and I suspect he may well trade down from #13 and then pick his guy later in the first.

My gut feeling is that it's likely to be Manuel, though it could get interesting in the event that Geno is still there.
    If the Jets scouts and Idzik ike him and believe he has the ability to be a franchise QB then absolutely take him at 13.

I have no problem whatsoever with the Jets taking a shot on a QB they LIKE. don't take a QB just for the sake of taking one, but rather because you like him.

You have to trust your scouts or you can't possibly ever expect to win.

biggest criticism is throwing it "too hard" on short routes, which is probably the most fixable thing you a QB could have wrong with them.
    Great. He sounds just like Browning Nagel. Remember how easy it was to fix that very same problem with him? No thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Landry Jones in the 5th is the way to go for a QB this year. Strengthen the lines, LB, and receivers is where they need to go in this draft.

I think it would be great if Idzik had confidence that one of the youngster QB's in this years draft were franchise type candidates and also the BAP. But I just don't believe Idzik would consider any of the QB's in this draft short of Geno Smith the BAP at #9. Now, if by some chance one of these QB's slipped to say the 2nd round? Maybe he bites?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I think it would be great if Idzik had confidence that one of the youngster QB's in this years draft were franchise type candidates and also the BAP. But I just don't believe Idzik would consider any of the QB's in this draft short of Geno Smith the BAP at #9. Now, if by some chance one of these QB's slipped to say the 2nd round? Maybe he bites?
    dude, the only QB expected to be a 1st round pick is Smith. The other "top" rated QBs in this draft (Barkley, nassib, Glennon, Manuel, etc.) are all 2d/3rd rounders and below. I want Idzik to wait until AT LEAST the 3rd round. or later. Some of them will still be there.

PLEASE, MR. IDZIK: DON'T REACH

Until the new coach in 2014 brings in another coordinator. Gotta love these one year at time plans

Veteran
    Nassib could very easily be our Ben Roethlisberger.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    dude, the only QB expected to be a 1st round pick is Smith. The other "top" rated QBs in this draft (Barkley, nassib, Glennon, Manuel, etc.) are all 2d/3rd rounders and below. I want Idzik to wait until AT LEAST the 3rd round. or later. Some of them will still be there.

PLEASE, MR. IDZIK: DON'T REACH
    I hope you're right about that. I really don't follow college ball enough to know about all of these players from so many schools across the US.

But I do know the Jets have an awful lot of needs right now, so taking a QB, especially when everyone says there will be a lot more talented prospects next year (and we'll also still have extra picks to move up with), might be a better move next season.

For me, I would much rather Idzik chase fixing the OL, defense, and running game for this season. Look at more skill positions next year.