Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets like Nassib at 13 per Mike Francesa

Jets like Nassib at 13 per Mike Francesa

He said he had no direct contact with the Jets...but mentioned word is that Jets are looking at Nassib at 13.Smokescreen or serious,not sure.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    He said he had no direct contact with the Jets...but mentioned word is that Jets are looking at Nassib at 13.Smokescreen or serious,not sure.
    In the days leading up to the draft, you cannot believe anything anyone says.

Jets Insider VIP
    "...word is..."

LOLZ!!!!

Last edited by jetstream23; 04-22-2013 at 06:30 PM.

This board would literally implode
    Last edited by MagroCrag; 04-22-2013 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Typo

If they love him and he's a Day 1 starter, then I don't care. Jets need a QB at some point. They ruined Sanchez. Maybe Marty won't ruin this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by MagroCrag View Post
    This board would literally implode
    Gruden likes Nassib the most...maybe we can then get Gruden next year.Think ahead I guess.

If the rumors are true and we plan on trading down with SF I can see it with that 31 pick. Else wise it is a smoke screen as supposedly Buff has plans already to trade back into the 1st for him. If we can get them to burn an 8 on him all the better.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    Gruden likes Nassib the most...maybe we can then get Gruden next year.Think ahead I guess.
    Gruden wouldnt coach for Buff they refuse to give their coaches any real power.

I have seen Nassib's film.He has a hack of an arm....but not sure on his deep ball accuracy.He has obvious upside and immense potential...but he will need to develop.But then again we did sign Garrard and we can start him for a year,until he's ready.

I hope it's a smokescreen

Undrafted Free Agent
    I think the Jets will be drafting a QB at 13 unless they get an offer that they can't refuse to move down.

Nassib at 13 would be an X against Idzik.

Later on Nassib is worth it, but not that early.

That's how you make a bad team worse. Draft a player who is questionable, who won't play - or will on a swiss cheese terrible no playmaker offense and lead the team to a 1-15 record, of which next year they don't draft a QB because they already invested in one.

In a perfect world Idziks people set Mike up to put this out in the open to scare the bills into taking a QB at 8 who shouldn't be drafted until the second round.

Obviously dont think this is the case, but it would be funny as hell.

don't worry, buffalo is going to panic and take him at 8.

don't believe everything you hear this week...

I remember leading up to the Sanchez draft, someone went to a wedding and saw Mike Westhoff and he said they really liked Josh Freeman.

If the Jets are talking up (leaking) Nassib, it could be real, but it's probably more likely because they want someone to reach, they like another qb better, or both.

trade down to #20-25 for him, get a 3rd rounder

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    don't worry, buffalo is going to panic and take him at 8.
    Exactly. Some of you people need to wake up if you think that Nassib is going to be hanging around deep in the 2nd round. Especially with the QB position, teams rightfully don't play around and wait until the last second. Read Nix's comments. If you like a QB in the 3rd round, you take him in the second. Everyone's job is tied to how good the QB is. You don't **** around with it. You like a guy, you take him.

My prediction is Buffalo takes him at 8

How About Cooper, Nassib, and Ertz with the 1st 3 picks! Or the Safety at 39.

Heck why not. All 3 will be Day 1 starters. The whole draft is a crapshoot. If Jets believe Nassib is a 10 year starter then do it.

Fatcessa's sources are as reliable as his lard filed arteries.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Exactly. Some of you people need to wake up if you think that Nassib is going to be hanging around deep in the 2nd round. Especially with the QB position, teams rightfully don't play around and wait until the last second. Read Nix's comments. If you like a QB in the 3rd round, you take him in the second. Everyone's job is tied to how good the QB is. You don't **** around with it. You like a guy, you take him.

My prediction is Buffalo takes him at 8
    i actually think that would allow the jets to get austin if they want him, or perhaps shop the pick to minny or stl. buffalo may get offers for that pick but they're taking nassib in one of the worst kept secrets of the draft.