View Poll Results: Do you want the Jets to use either the #9 or #13 pick on a QB?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. We need one now and should take one at the top of the Draft.

11 14.67%
  • No. Too many other needs and I don't see a QB I like with a Top 13 pick.

64 85.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you want the Jets to use one of their two 1st Round picks on a QB?

no way! not even if its Zac Dysert

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    Nope. A QB that high would be a waste of draft value. I have no problem with them taking a QB- just not that high. Trade down and take one no higher than the bottom of the first or in the second round.
    3rd - 5th

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    3rd - 5th
    Even lower.

5th-7th.

Tyler Wilson, Jordan Rodgers, Zac Dysert or Sean Renfree.

No I do not want to trade Mevis for Sandouche the second

Abe for Mangold worked for me, Thank you

Good GOD they better not pick a half-assed Sanchez Clone in this draft...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I don't like any QBs of this class in first rd. Just as long as the Dropped Chalupa is splayed on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Even lower.

5th-7th.

Tyler Wilson, Jordan Rodgers, Zac Dysert or Sean Renfree.
    agreed... but I do like Scott and would go for him in the 5th

Their really is not that much difference among the 2d-3rd round rated QBs and thew 4th - 5th, this year. It would be prudent to wait, considering the real target for QB will be at the top of the 2014 draft. Pick one now for value and next season get the franchise QB.

All League
    Bump.

All League
    Btw, I went back to this because most who replied didn't want a a QB with the second either.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Btw, I went back to this because most who replied didn't want a a QB with the second either.
    No one. I mean no one expected Geno to be there in the 2nd round. Most didn't expect him to be there in the first.

Jets Insider VIP
    We didn't want to pick Smith with 9 or 13 and we didn't want Idzik to reach for any of the bums (Glennon, Manuel, Nassib et al) in the second.

Smith at 39 was a great value pick and when he starts and succeeds in 2013 a pick that will be ranked up there with Idzik's third round QB pick for Seattle in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    We didn't want to pick Smith with 9 or 13 and we didn't want Idzik to reach for any of the bums (Glennon, Manuel, Nassib et al) in the second.

Smith at 39 was a great value pick and when he starts and succeeds in 2013 a pick that will be ranked up there with Idzik's third round QB pick for Seattle in 2012
    Agreed. I was strongly opposed to Smith or any other qb at 9 or 13 - and what did we get? Two defensive studs and we still got Smith anyway in the 2nd rd.

I was always on the ropes about taking one in the top 16. I would have been OK with it but thought we would either trade down and take one or take the best available QB in the 2nd. Just glad we didnt end up with Manuel. Anyone who was following the JETS draft knew we where taking a QB in the 2 or 3rd round. Anyone who thought other wise was just kidding themselves IMO. Biggest need on the team and it was a 2-3 round deep QB class. If we had traded a 2nd for Alex Smith or Foles the same people saying they didnt want to draft a QB would be like wow we got our QB. Geno was a good pick in that perspective. Much higher up side then those guys.

Geno is still a second round pick ... Most second round picks become backups.

Jets Insider VIP
    Russell Wilson -third round

Joe Montana - third round

Tom Brady - sixth round

Kurt Warner - undrafted

NostraDunnie predicts, though, that if you aren't drafted in the first round, you're destined to be a backup

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    that's such a silly statement but a common sentiment. For some people, players are always judged by where they were picked in the draft not actual performance. It's why Carr and Sanchez and Alex Smith get shot after shot, and why Geno is thought of as not being NFL ready. It is frankly ridiculous.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Russell Wilson -third round

Joe Montana - third round

Tom Brady - sixth round

Kurt Warner - undrafted

NostraDunnie predicts, though, that if you aren't drafted in the first round, you're destined to be a backup
    Drew Brees was a second rounder as well, I believe.

using this logic, teams looking for starting qbs would therefore be forced to reach in the first round. would farve have been any better or worse if he were a first rounder? seattle didn't draft wilson believing he was a backup. draft picks are lottery tickets, and you have to be in it to win it.

All Pro
    Link?

Most 1st round QBs become backups too, but since you know them, maybe you could give me the percentages if it's not too much trouble.

My point being that all the neophytes on this board hailing G Smith as the second coming of Joe Montana need to calm down a bit .... 32 teams passed on him in the first round ... Some teams twice (jets cough) ... To think that he is going to be Russell Wilson or Drew Brees is plain silly.

My guess is that when he takes over , he will have a modicum of success because there will be an air of newness until defenses game plan for him.

Then the mediocrity will set in.