Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gil Bryant's Jets draft trade rumor

I think Gil Brandt has a screw loose.

There's no way they'd be able to move up from No.9 to No.3 without giving up No.13, and if they did it sure as hell would not be for Milliner.

Hall Of Fame
    Any team with two picks in the first round gets to be the subject of every wacky trade scenario that can be dreamed up by man. Unfortunately this franchise also has a bit of a history here with trading up in the first round...

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    He is claiming the Jets will trade the 9th pick (and other picks) with the Raiders for the #3 pick to draft Dee Milner at 3 and then draft Mingo at 13. Take it for what it is worth, but I just heard him him on Sirius NFL radio.

I thought we fired Tannenbaum?

He is claiming the Jets will trade the 9th pick (and other picks) with the Raiders for the #3 pick to draft Dee Milner at 3 and then draft Mingo at 13. Take it for what it is worth, but I just heard him him on Sirius NFL radio.
    Confirmed by Bongo

Incarcerated Gil?

Smoke screen and False Flag

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I think Gil Brandt has a screw loose.

There's no way they'd be able to move up from No.9 to No.3 without giving up No.13, and if they did it sure as hell would not be for Milliner.
    +1. If this is even remotely true, I will just give up!! If the Jets take a CB in the first 2 rounds, I will vomit.

This is not rocket science. Go OL (Warmack) at #9 and trade #13 with St. Louis, Minn or SF. Move down and get extra picks to address our many needs. Try and acquire extra 2s & 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Confirmed by Bongo
    Who is Bongo?

Jet proved they do not need another CB last year with the second ranked passing defense - trade down or Vaccaro with 13 if they draft a DB

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Confirmed by Bongo
    Lmao!

Can anybody actually confirm this bogus rumor, or are we all to believe the Patriot homer looking to stir it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Can anybody actually confirm this bogus rumor, or are we all to believe the Patriot homer looking to stir it up?
    Confirmed by MetroIrvin.

Francesa says his "sauces" say it's a done deal...

All Pro
    ...and that's why Idzik send out a memo to league saying we want trade down, right?

Veteran
    Who the frig is Gil Bryant?

What a hogwash rumour.Jets can get Mingo, trade down and get Hayden and get more picks. Besides we got Cro and Wilson. Talk about overkill. Epic Fail by Gil Brnadt.

If Jets move up it won't be for Milliner but maybe someone like Dion Jordan . Get the best pass rusher on their board . At thirteen they regroup those picks with a trade down with the 49ers .

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    Who the frig is Gil Bryant?
    Anita's husband. Top Crop Report man.

You may recall him in "Back to the Orange Juice Futures".

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    If Jets move up it won't be for Milliner but maybe someone like Dion Jordan . Get the best pass rusher on their board . At thirteen they regroup those picks with a trade down with the 49ers .
    Agree...or at least hope so

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

[QUOTE=FijiJet;4865561]What a hogwash rumour.Jets can get Mingo, trade down and get Hayden and get more picks. Besides we got Cro and Wilson. Talk about overkill. Epic Fail by Gil Maybe not for long,what the heck the teams not gonna win anyway, lets trade Cro too for another pick Oh!Boy anoter 2nd rounder keep it up & we'll have 10 picks in the 1st 2 rounds maybe we will hit on 1! Heck even a broken clock is right twice a day!