Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gil Bryant's Jets draft trade rumor

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    +1. If this is even remotely true, I will just give up!! If the Jets take a CB in the first 2 rounds, I will vomit.

This is not rocket science. Go OL (Warmack) at #9 and trade #13 with St. Louis, Minn or SF. Move down and get extra picks to address our many needs. Try and acquire extra 2s & 3s.

Who is Bongo?
    A "highly" reliable source and probable 1st cousin of Incarcerated Bob.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    ...and that's why Idzik send out a memo to league saying we want trade down, right?
    Did you ever hear of the term smokescreen ? Who cares what any GM or team says days before the draft , as they all lie.

Idzik isn't going to say we're looking to move up because the trading team only going to ask for more in return.

The Jets like one of the prospects enough they might move up. Again most likely for one of the top pass rushers , and not for a CB.

You're not expecting Idzik to release his draft board to the public or map out his draft plans. Why would he.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-23-2013 at 09:20 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He literally got that from the dumbarse raiders SBNation blog who posted that speculation the night of the revis trade with the title "Jets a likely trading partner". The author of that post is 16 years old and wears plastic spikes to football games.

These rumors are for people for whom this is their first rodeo. I'm glad the Jets are smokescreening more than in the past.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Thats not even remotely believable.
    +1

Not even a good attempt at starting a frightening rumor.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I think Gil Brandt has a screw loose.

There's no way they'd be able to move up from No.9 to No.3 without giving up No.13, and if they did it sure as hell would not be for Milliner.
    Sure there a a way you can keep thirteen pick after trading up to third pick.

With the first pick of the 2014 draft obtained from the Jets , The Raiders select J Clowney South Carolina De .

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets trade up in the first round this year I will light my season tickets on fire.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a bogus trade rumor is what it is. (To put it in Gil talk.)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Based on what I've seen there is still plenty of value right we are currently. I think a move like that would be crazy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Not buying this for a second

If it happened, I'd call for Idzik and Rex's heads immediately.
    Idzik won't be this stupid, but you know Rex might go for that. He has an obsessions with corners. I'd despise that draft. Tired of giving Rex a million selections on D in the first round, we need to upgrade the talent on offense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Idzik won't be this stupid, but you know Rex might go for that. He has an obsessions with corners. I'd despise that draft. Tired of giving Rex a million selections on D in the first round, we need to upgrade the talent on offense.
    If we stay with 9 and 13, I would argue we should split them between D and O. I would guess offense will get the nod more frequently in round 2 - 5.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    bogus thread started on a Jets fan message board by a trolling chowd fan

bannable???

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4865478]+1. If this is even remotely true, I will just give up!! If the Jets take a CB in the first 2 rounds, I will vomit.

This is not rocket science. Go OL (Warmack) at #9 and trade #13 with St. Louis, Minn or SF. Move down and get extra picks to address our many needs. Try and acquire extra 2s & 3s.

Winner Winner chicken dinner !!!
    Take Warmack at 9 and then trade down.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This would almost be as bad as Francesa's rumor that we're taking Nassib at 13. Almost.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    If we stay with 9 and 13, I would argue we should split them between D and O. I would guess offense will get the nod more frequently in round 2 - 5.
    I'm fine with splitting. Using both picks on D would be tough for me to accept, especially when you look at the personnel on offense right now.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    He is claiming the Jets will trade the 9th pick (and other picks) with the Raiders for the #3 pick to draft Dee Milner at 3 and then draft Mingo at 13. Take it for what it is worth, but I just heard him him on Sirius NFL radio.
    The title of this thread should be "Gil Bryant's Jets draft trade Humor"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not implying its the Jets

@TonyPauline: Word from few people today is Oakland Raiders may have a trade in place to move down a few slots if either Joeckel/Fisher lands in their lap

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

@TonyPauline: Word from few people today is Oakland Raiders may have a trade in place to move down a few slots if either Joeckel/Fisher lands in their lap
    I think your going to see a few wild picks in the top ten this year. Those 2 are not it. Someone will trade up for an OL IMO which is good for us because we are not looking that route. I could very well see SD or Tenn looking to get one of the top 3 OT here. IMO that is 3 slots ahead of us that only help us, as talent that can help us more will fall. If this increases the chances of say Jordan dropping to 9, yeah.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

I say it with the Cardinals who take the tackle and Raiders drop to seven and take
    Ziggy Ansah.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm calling ducktales