Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 is our year

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Besides maybe Maclin or if somehow Nicks becomes available, we'd be out of luck. Maybe go after a corner like Cason.
    If we end up with Cutler, I'll puke is all I know.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    How long have you guys been Jets fans? This entire thing is setting up for a magical 10-6 run that ends in playoff disappointment.
    DING DING DING!!!!!!

We got a winner!

This is all setup for a re-run of 2006

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Rule #151 of being a Jets fan: When the media picks us to suck we will be very good; when the media picks us to be very good, get your paper bags ready.
    That's how you can discern the vetted fans as opposed to the band wagoners

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Las Vegas has our Over/Under set at 6 wins FWIW

I think we will be competitive and who knows what happens

I like playing with a ton of young and hungry players that are out to prove the world wrong

We get decent QB play and we might be OK......Either way our D will keep us in alot of games

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol who the heck is saying the jets won't win more than 3 games in 2013....this team will be more talented and I can see 7-8 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by brex View Post
    Per Schefter, we're getting 4 compensatory picks, plus the Tampa 3rd or 4th round pick. We'll be getting a total of 5 additional picks next year, where most analysts are saying will be a much stronger draft.

And if we suck this year - and no one seems to think we can win more than 3 games - we may be able to get Clowney or Johnny football next year. Plus all indications are that this is the last year of Mark and Rex.

Idzik has a master plan....

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    um did you see who we got rid of.....this team will be younger..faster and more talented...if I felt this team could not win 3 games I would just not watch any games in 2013...amazing that you would assume that in APRIL.....sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    Lol really,.. what we won 6-7 games last year.... we get rid of half the starters... implement a new offense... and we are going to win more? nope

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    How long have you guys been Jets fans? This entire thing is setting up for a magical 10-6 run that ends in playoff disappointment.
    Yup. Gerard will squeak out a couple before getting hurt and Sanchez will bounce back for at least a couple of 2010 games. 50-50 on the rest and yes, it's another Jets build me up and rip my balls off playoff run.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    people are out of their minds with this 3 win garbage.

we still have Brick, Mangold, Cro, Wilkerson, Coples, Holmes

we signed Colon, Barnes, Landry, Garay

we are going to draft 3 times in the top 40 (twice in the top 15)

we are probably going to add some cut players from other teams before the season

this team as constituted today is not good, but you cant tell me its horrible either...min 6 wins.
    Hell Yeah. Plus the addition of Morny alone makes the team stronger in terms of gameplanning and performance. He can't be the same dreadful level OC as Sparano and Shoddy.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    people are out of their minds with this 3 win garbage.

we still have Brick, Mangold, Cro, Wilkerson, Coples, Holmes

we signed Colon, Barnes, Landry, Garay

we are going to draft 3 times in the top 40 (twice in the top 15)

we are probably going to add some cut players from other teams before the season

this team as constituted today is not good, but you cant tell me its horrible either...min 6 wins.
    Yeah and who is our quarterback?
    I have us at 4 wins and that's IF we beat the Bucs.
    3 wins doesn't sound that far fetched to me.

We had six wins last season. The Dolphins game, honestly, we should have and deserved to lose. That would have put us at 5 wins. We beat the Cardinals 7-6. That isn't something I'd call decisive all things considering. One flag at a bad time and that could have been a loss. That's 4 wins.

And our team sucks even more than last years did.

And again, who is our quarterback?
    I'll tell you who.

Mark Sanchez

The division is going down like this this season
    Patriots
    Dolphins
    Bills
    Jets

Sad but true. May as well start easing yourself into the truth.

Jets fans are ****ed until 2014.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets get an OLB / pass rusher then our Defense alone may keep us in most games. I see the Jets winning 7 games. Say what you want about Rex but he can coach D and he has some talented guys in Wilk, Coples, etc. He'll scheme to keep our team competitive until the 4th quarter of almost every game.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 04-23-2013 at 05:06 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez: 2013 Comeback Player of the Year

Maybe this dreserves a new thread.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Yeah and who is our quarterback?
    I have us at 4 wins and that's IF we beat the Bucs.
    3 wins doesn't sound that far fetched to me.

We had six wins last season. The Dolphins game, honestly, we should have and deserved to lose. That would have put us at 5 wins. We beat the Cardinals 7-6. That isn't something I'd call decisive all things considering. One flag at a bad time and that could have been a loss. That's 4 wins.

And our team sucks even more than last years did.

And again, who is our quarterback?
    I'll tell you who.

Mark Sanchez

The division is going down like this this season
    Patriots
    Dolphins
    Bills
    Jets

Sad but true. May as well start easing yourself into the truth.

Jets fans are ****ed until 2014.
    It can go both ways. If Stephen Hill can catch the football against the Patriots the Jets have 7 wins. If Sanchez doesn't fumble the snap against the Titans the Jets are then 8-6 and have something to play for in the last two games.

You can't say this team deserved 4 wins. It's football; freak plays happen, wins get stolen and at the end of the day you are your record.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as Mark Sanchez is not the starting QB we have as good a chance as anyone in squeaking out 8 or more wins this season. As was posted earlier, when the Jets are predicted to suck they surprise, when predicted to be good we suck. If Gerrard stays healthy and we protect him it could be a very interesting season.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont understand how all of you guys can say how ****ty everybody you lost was (and I do agree with that), but then say how you're going to get so many comp picks for them. If they remain unsigned you wont get a pick. If they barely play you wont get a pick, and if they sign for vet min, you probably wont get a pick. If you guys end up with 3 comp picks they will probably all be in the 7th round.

Now granted, I don't know a whole lot about the comp pick process and formula, but losing bad players doesn't equal a lot of comp picks. Maybe somebody can explain it better for me, because as of now, I don't see where all of these picks are coming from.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love what Idzak is doing. The key to his success will revolve around getting the draft right. I wish him luck.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Per Schefter, we're getting 4 compensatory picks, plus the Tampa 3rd or 4th round pick. We'll be getting a total of 5 additional picks next year, where most analysts are saying will be a much stronger draft.

And if we suck this year - and no one seems to think we can win more than 3 games - we may be able to get Clowney or Johnny football next year. Plus all indications are that this is the last year of Mark and Rex.

Well, if this is truly a short term rebuild, which I view it as, then 2014 should be when this team starts to make some noise again.

One thing is for sure though, the Jets FO must get good picks in these next two drafts as it will determine the future of this team. They have a lot of needs right now and they have a lot of picks. If they are successful in stocking this team with talent, we could easily be back in contention late in 2014 or early 2015. If we completely miss on all of these picks, we'll be in for a lot of heartache as fans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    lol who the heck is saying the jets won't win more than 3 games in 2013....this team will be more talented and I can see 7-8 wins.
    Can you see how a 7-8 win season would be the worst possible outcome for the Jets?

Its sick, but the Jets need to lay down in 2013.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Can you see how a 7-8 win season would be the worst possible outcome for the Jets?

Its sick, but the Jets need to lay down in 2013.
    Rex is coaching for his job. Sanchez may be playing for his career. They won't lay down. The guys on the team don't care about some kid playing QB at Louisville or Texas A&M this season. If they end up at 4-12, it won't be because they didn't give it their all, it'll be because they're that bad.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Makes complete sense. He knows keeping Rex guarantees us again a top 5 pick. And if he doesn't bring in serious competition for Sanchez and Sanchez wins the starting spot, almost guaranteed 1st pick next year.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF is this constant 3-4 win garbage? This loser mentality is f***๕๕ lame and it is flat out despicable. Our problems with our massive collapse in 2011 and our failure to launch in 2012 were related to injuries, lack of depth and absolutely terrible offensive coordinators. Schitty was bad, Sparano was just as bad if not worse (it's close, either way). This is the NFL, and teams go up and down all the time based on a few tweaks, the schedule, and being coached up. This is not the 1960s-80s where you were good and stayed good for a decade or bad and stayed bad for a decade. Teams change from year to year in this era of free agency. If you can pass the ball and defend the pass, you can do some damage in this league.

MM is a HUGE upgrade; Sanchez has one more shot and will need FAN SUPPORT, running game already looking better; Rex gets bashed left and right but only the most delusional Rex-haters would deny the fact that he knows how to field a respected, tough defense (and if we let him go, he'd get a DC job in a heartbeat, if not a HC if enough teams were on the market for one); we have some draft picks coming; some returning injured players; good new players signed to sound contracts... it's just looking on the up and up. How some of you say it's looking down is pathetic. We will NOT be worse than last year. If we are, the players game up on the coach, and THEN we will have a rebuilding year, which, again, is asinine and we'll be doing the 3-5 year cycle of repetitive doom again. This is not it. There is still a soilid core, and if we rebuild, you're looking at getting rid of Mangold and all the other decent players we have in the core. It is a turnaround year this year, or we TOTALLY rebuild. Enough already with that throw a year horse$#+ะใ.

Meanwhile, LOSING ON PURPOSE TO COMPILE DRAFT CHOICES ALMOST NEVER WORKS. Unless you have Mr. 15-year-franchise QB in the top 5 picks, it is pointless and career suicide to throw a season on purpose. How freaking stupid do some of you have to be to believe that! Are the 2nd comings of Dan Marino, Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Bret Favre, or Peyton Manning in the top 5 next year?! That is the one and ONLY reason why you' throw a season. And even then, you are a loser for doing it on purpose. You always ALWAYS try, if you fail and definitely not in the playoffs, THEN and ONLY then would you even think about bagging the season then, not going INTO s season. WTF... times like this I am ashamed to be a Jets fan.

We are likely winning 7-8 games after the draft and free agency/trades are all said and done (I'm confident in Idzyk's resume). We have an accomplished offensive coordinator for the 1st time in memory. I cannot remember when was the last time we had one with a decent pro resume. Been a while. If our offense clicks, we could win 8-9. If the offense does not click, 4-6. If we were not in the same division as the Patriots and play teams like the Ravens, I would predict more wins either way, but we're playing savvy playoff teams and are retooling. There is NO WAY this team just wins 2-3 games. Anyone who thinks that is an option just needs to quit watching sports. And any player, coach, or GM that goes into a season thinking that way also needs to get a new job. God, why watch the games or even suit up? Sickening.
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 04-23-2013 at 11:53 AM.