Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64

Thread: 2014 is our year

  1. #1
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    280
    Post Thanks / Like

    2014 is our year

    Per Schefter, we're getting 4 compensatory picks, plus the Tampa 3rd or 4th round pick. We'll be getting a total of 5 additional picks next year, where most analysts are saying will be a much stronger draft.

    And if we suck this year - and no one seems to think we can win more than 3 games - we may be able to get Clowney or Johnny football next year. Plus all indications are that this is the last year of Mark and Rex.

    Idzik has a master plan....

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    869
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets will win 7 to 8 games this year....without a doubt...a 3 win team ??...no way....

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Posts
    5,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    The Jets will win 7 to 8 games this year....without a doubt...a 3 win team ??...no way....
    Lol really,.. what we won 6-7 games last year.... we get rid of half the starters... implement a new offense... and we are going to win more? nope

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    The Jets will win 7 to 8 games this year....without a doubt...a 3 win team ??...no way....
    people are out of their minds with this 3 win garbage.

    we still have Brick, Mangold, Cro, Wilkerson, Coples, Holmes

    we signed Colon, Barnes, Landry, Garay

    we are going to draft 3 times in the top 40 (twice in the top 15)

    we are probably going to add some cut players from other teams before the season



    this team as constituted today is not good, but you cant tell me its horrible either...min 6 wins.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    Lol really,.. what we won 6-7 games last year.... we get rid of half the starters... implement a new offense... and we are going to win more? nope
    REVIS was hurt, Landry was the biggest lose but he was actually overrated...and all others are addition by subtraction...in other words...they sucked!!!!

    And the qb position can get no worse.

    So yeah we are winning at least as many as last year.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,167
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    Lol really,.. what we won 6-7 games last year.... we get rid of half the starters... implement a new offense... and we are going to win more? nope
    Ive read this "we lost so many starters we are going to be awful" so much - it makes ZERO sense.

    Here are the starters/contributors we lost:

    Keller - good receiving TE, who barely played last year, cant block
    Brandon Moore - unsigned
    Slauson - I personally liked him and wish we had resigned him
    Shonne Greene - bottom 5% in the league yards after contact, cant catch

    Landry - replaced by dawan landry, minimal dropoff at best
    Bart - unsigned
    Bryan thomas - unsigned
    Yermiah Bell - average player at best
    Devito - role player, thats it (likeable but who is far from irreplaceable)
    Pouha - unsigned

    What did we ACTUALLY lose? Can we really say that more snaps for coples, demario starting, and rookie TE, G and safety arent across the board improvements?

    We lost some of the worst starters in the entire league. If these were even decent players, they wouldnt be unsigned right now.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Posts
    5,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Ive read this "we lost so many starters we are going to be awful" so much - it makes ZERO sense.

    Here are the starters/contributors we lost:

    Keller - good receiving TE, who barely played last year, cant block
    Brandon Moore - unsigned
    Slauson - I personally liked him and wish we had resigned him
    Shonne Greene - bottom 5% in the league yards after contact, cant catch

    Landry - replaced by dawan landry, minimal dropoff at best
    Bart - unsigned
    Bryan thomas - unsigned
    Yermiah Bell - average player at best
    Devito - role player, thats it (likeable but who is far from irreplaceable)
    Pouha - unsigned

    What did we ACTUALLY lose? Can we really say that more snaps for coples, demario starting, and rookie TE, G and safety arent across the board improvements?

    We lost some of the worst starters in the entire league. If these were even decent players, they wouldnt be unsigned right now.
    ohh, so those players backups are going to come in and perform better across the board... yeahh okay

  8. #8
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bottom line is - at best - we're the same as last year, record-wise. So in 2014, we'll get a top 10 pick, most likely. Plus the five additional picks. Plus a new HC and QB.

    The new GM is an evil-genius.


  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is really interesting about 2014 are reports that if the Jets cut Sanchez (likely), Holmes (likely) and Harris (possible or at least a restructuring), the Jets are projected to have somewhere between 40-50 million in cap space. Although Idzik does not seem like the type to spend big money on FA, I wonder what the team is going to do with all that cap space. I doubt he hits the market, but I read somewhere that Matt Ryan's contract expires after 2013.

    Would you throw huge money at Matt Ryan?

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Ive read this "we lost so many starters we are going to be awful" so much - it makes ZERO sense.

    Here are the starters/contributors we lost:

    Keller - good receiving TE, who barely played last year, cant block
    Brandon Moore - unsigned
    Slauson - I personally liked him and wish we had resigned him
    Shonne Greene - bottom 5% in the league yards after contact, cant catch

    Landry - replaced by dawan landry, minimal dropoff at best
    Bart - unsigned
    Bryan thomas - unsigned
    Yermiah Bell - average player at best
    Devito - role player, thats it (likeable but who is far from irreplaceable)
    Pouha - unsigned

    What did we ACTUALLY lose? Can we really say that more snaps for coples, demario starting, and rookie TE, G and safety arent across the board improvements?

    We lost some of the worst starters in the entire league. If these were even decent players, they wouldnt be unsigned right now.
    You smoking crack ... The loss of Landry and Bell is massive. I thought Bellwas OUTSTANDING last year. Dawan is not even remotely close to Laron!!!!!

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    You smoking crack ... The loss of Landry and Bell is massive. I thought Bellwas OUTSTANDING last year. Dawan is not even remotely close to Laron!!!!!
    if anything they should have picked up Bell for a leadership role. He signed for like 600k.

    Hes not a superstar, no, but hes decent, and can mold the young'ns.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    How long have you guys been Jets fans? This entire thing is setting up for a magical 10-6 run that ends in playoff disappointment.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,774
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    How long have you guys been Jets fans? This entire thing is setting up for a magical 10-6 run that ends in playoff disappointment.
    I have jets 7-5 goin into last four gms of the season. Jets have a chance to get 11 wins lookin @ their schedule. Jets @ Miami last gm of the yr is going to be great for the jets..

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Ive read this "we lost so many starters we are going to be awful" so much - it makes ZERO sense.

    Here are the starters/contributors we lost:

    Keller - Will draft a replacement was injured most of last year anyway. Anyone that stays healthy and can block is an improvement IMO

    Brandon Moore - Aging was not half the player he had been. Colon if healthy is not a downgrade also could still resign if we dont draft someone.

    Slauson - Was crap we could start Vlad and not take a drop in talent IMO.

    Shonne Greene - We have his equal in Powell already. no drop at all.

    Landry - Yeah maybe but not much

    Bart - My 88 year old grandmother is faster then this guy

    Bryan thomas - Was a jag any early round pick could be a HUGE improvement

    Yermiah Bell - Allen or Bush could do what he did IMO

    Devito - Played bad last year and was injured. Was a good vet BU with minimal impact. A good DL prospect could give us better play and leadership on D is not an issue with this team. Min loss at best.

    Pouha - Sad but he just wasnt healthy and will likely never be again. We grabbed anther viable vet.

    What did we ACTUALLY lose? Can we really say that more snaps for coples, demario starting, and rookie TE, G and safety arent across the board improvements?

    We lost some of the worst starters in the entire league. If these were even decent players, they wouldnt be unsigned right now.
    Seriously we lost next to no talent. Most of these guys including Revis where hurt, BUs, or just trash. Not much for their BUs or draft picks to fill in for honestly.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Seriously we lost next to no talent. Most of these guys including Revis where hurt, BUs, or just trash. Not much for their BUs or draft picks to fill in for honestly.
    The media overrates the players we lost in FA. Hard to be credible when you act like Shonn Greene was the second coming of Barry Sanders.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The media overrates the players we lost in FA. Hard to be credible when you act like Shonn Greene was the second coming of Barry Sanders.
    I had nothing against Greene but there is a reason he is a high paid BU right now. That is his upside and the guy doesnt have a lot of miles on him.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    You smoking crack ... The loss of Landry and Bell is massive. I thought Bellwas OUTSTANDING last year. Dawan is not even remotely close to Laron!!!!!
    Bell was horrible and Landry was severely over rated.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rule #151 of being a Jets fan: When the media picks us to suck we will be very good; when the media picks us to be very good, get your paper bags ready.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    So say we do have like 35-50 mil in cap space next year. What top FA do you guys even think we target? Really seems like a bad year to go shopping IMO.

    2014 free agents
    QB
    Cutler

    RB
    MJD
    Ben Tate - Only guy I would want to go after
    McFadden

    WR
    Jeremy Maclin
    Hakeem Nicks - Tag

    TE
    Greg Olsen
    Finley

    OL
    Michael Oher - Tag
    Eben Britton
    Branden Albert
    Richie Incognito - just for the name

    DL
    Justin Smith - Tag
    Jared Allen - Tag
    Justin Tuck

    LB
    Lance Briggs
    D.J. Williams - Tag
    Stewart Bradley
    Akeem Jordan - The draft pick I know a lot of you wanted

    CB
    Antoine Cason
    Perrish Cox - Maybe
    Aqib Talib
    Charles Tillman
    Some good Cbs

    S
    Donte Whitner?

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,314
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    So say we do have like 35-50 mil in cap space next year. What top FA do you guys even think we target? Really seems like a bad year to go shopping IMO.

    2014 free agents
    QB
    Cutler

    RB
    MJD
    Ben Tate - Only guy I would want to go after
    McFadden

    WR
    Jeremy Maclin
    Hakeem Nicks - Tag

    TE
    Greg Olsen
    Finley

    OL
    Michael Oher - Tag
    Eben Britton
    Branden Albert
    Richie Incognito - just for the name

    DL
    Justin Smith - Tag
    Jared Allen - Tag
    Justin Tuck

    LB
    Lance Briggs
    D.J. Williams - Tag
    Stewart Bradley
    Akeem Jordan - The draft pick I know a lot of you wanted

    CB
    Antoine Cason
    Perrish Cox - Maybe
    Aqib Talib
    Charles Tillman
    Some good Cbs

    S
    Donte Whitner?
    Besides maybe Maclin or if somehow Nicks becomes available, we'd be out of luck. Maybe go after a corner like Cason.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us