Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Glennon shocking similar to Eli Manning

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    He had nowhere near the talent around him that Sanchez did.

I'd say Glennon reminds me of Jay Cutler when he was coming out of Vanderbilt. Big arm, with bad footwork, which was largely a result of the poor talent that he had around him. He doesn't have quite as strong of an arm as Cutler, but he also doesn't have the bad attitude.
    The one thing that concerns me is his lack of mobility in the pocket.The footwork problems can be corrected.Glennon has been compared by most scouts to drew Bledsow

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    The one thing that concerns me is his lack of mobility in the pocket.The footwork problems can be corrected.Glennon has been compared by most scouts to drew Bledsow
    Yeah I see the similarities to Bledsoe. As long as he can move in the pocket to avoid rushers (which if you watch some of his games, he can do), then his lack of mobility doesn't worry me.

Look at Brady and Manning. Both are statues I'm the pocket. Both are damn good.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I see the similarities to Bledsoe. As long as he can move in the pocket to avoid rushers (which if you watch some of his games, he can do), then his lack of mobility doesn't worry me.

Look at Brady and Manning. Both are statues I'm the pocket. Both are damn good.
    I would like to draft him,im not sure where though. An early 2nd rounder on him sourceworks might be a bit high considering our other needs?????

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to draft him,im not sure where though. An early 2nd rounder on him sourceworks might be a bit high considering our other needs?????
    I think there's a good chance the jets trade either of their firsts for more picks...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I think there's a good chance the jets trade either of their firsts for more picks...
    I think so too. Very interesting, unpredictable draft.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think so too. Very interesting, unpredictable draft.
    I like trading 13 for SF 31 and 34.

take any one of the top QB's at 31,34, or 39 I would be fine with.

Use nine for Passrusher or OL....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

I must admit,i was dissappointed we didn't get a #2 in the Revis trade. That would've been sweet.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

Agreed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    HE LOOKS LIKE SANCHEZ @ USC TO ME.

Wide. Open. Receivers.
    He had horrid WRs what games are you watching. Palmer is like the 70th ranked WR in this draft and was his best WR.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    fwiw, greg cosell has glennon as his top rated qb, then nassib. barkley he has as a 3rd/4th rounder, which i think is correct.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    He had nowhere near the talent around him that Sanchez did.

I'd say Glennon reminds me of Jay Cutler when he was coming out of Vanderbilt. Big arm, with bad footwork, which was largely a result of the poor talent that he had around him. He doesn't have quite as strong of an arm as Cutler, but he also doesn't have the bad attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He had horrid WRs what games are you watching. Palmer is like the 70th ranked WR in this draft and was his best WR.
    I did not see any throws into tight windows; I want to see a lot of that for comparison - will his accuracy hold up? Otherwise, same seductive highlight reel; guys running WIDE open, making great catches. That fooled me with Sanchez; who also has a nice arm.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the best arguments we could make for the op is at NC state his junior year. Russell Wilson looked really good, but there was just something missing keeping him from being special. All of a sudden he transfers to Wisconsin and he's playing like a heisman. Now I'm not saying Glennon is Wilson, but maybe if Glennon had played for a better school he would have looked better.

BTW as a Hokie I'm rooting against the Jets picking Glennon because Sean was the greatest catastrophe to hit us. He was so hated I saw him get in a fight with a bunch of drunk college kids when he came back as an alum because VT fans hated him so much. It would only make sense that Mike would ruin the Jets as well

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glennon had garbage at NC State. And there was no such thing as open receivers.

Even the line isn't very good but the receiver drops are just comical at times.

Glennon and Manuel are the only two QB's I'd draft but I still put Manuel above Glennon. The thing that scares me about Glennon is that he doesn't look very comfortable sliding one way or the other. All the best QB's can slide out of the way of a rusher. That is the one trait that I think holds him back. However, there are times when he reminds me of Peyton. When I'm watching a pass rusher going against NC State, there are times where I feel like it doesn't matter if he beats his guy clean, the ball is going to be out of the QB's hands.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was not a fan of Glennon ... immobility, footwork and performance under pressure with a collapsing pocket.

However given that Russel Wilson numbers improved dramatically when he left NC for Wisconsin, there are those who believe Glennon might improve in a more qb friendly system.

Here is an excellent article comparing the metrics of the top rated QB's in the draft ...

http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/...ics-breakdown/

It measures Geno Smith benefiting from the most qb friendly system to the other end Glennon, benefiting the least, where he was asked to throw more deep passes than the others.

I would be open to Glennon in the third round onwards, I think he would benefit from a year on the bench. However his upside makes me think he will likely go at the bottom of the second or the top of the third.

I can see Bruce Arians drafting Glennon, hoping for a re-run of his years with another big strong armed qb, Ben Roethlisberger.

Here's hoping that Glennon is closer to having the career of Ben Roethlisberger than Dave Brown, another immobile 6'5" big man.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Glennon at 39 makes a helluvalot more sense than any of these overrated scrubs at 9 or 13.
    This is why I'd love to see us trade back from 13 with SF or someone else. I think we can get a stud player at #9 and then if we have three picks around 31, 34 and 39 I'd surely take the BPA at QB with one of those picks in the 30's and just hope it's a winning lottery ticket at QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    This is why I'd love to see us trade back from 13 with SF or someone else. I think we can get a stud player at #9 and then if we have three picks around 31, 34 and 39 I'd surely take the BPA at QB with one of those picks in the 30's and just hope it's a winning lottery ticket at QB.
    would also be easier to take a guard at 9 if you get the extra pick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    the fact that ryann tannehill would be far and away the #1 qb taken if he was in this draft class is all we need to know.

these qb's blow!!!!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't think that Tannehill would be ranked higher than guys like Smith, Barkley, and Nassib.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phil Simms is very high on Mike Glennon - said that he was coached by the same staff that developed Matt Ryan in college and he compares similar to Ryan at this point.

Take it for whatever that is worth.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Phil Simms is very high on Mike Glennon - said that he was coached by the same staff that developed Matt Ryan in college and he compares similar to Ryan at this point.

Take it for whatever that is worth.
    Agree, he looks like Matt Ryan with a better arm and will be that sort of QB imo.