Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Glennon shocking similar to Eli Manning

Mike Glennon shocking similar to Eli Manning

I have watched enough highlights/tape on him to understand he is being highly underrated.Yes he throws off his back-foot a ton and yes his footwork is utterly atrocious.But take my word,he makes some of the best throws I have seen other than Eli Manning.I saw him squeeze a ball between 2 defenders that was the hardest throw I have seen of any college qb.He throws a good back shoulder throw...crossing route, and vertical scheme route.He throws a good lob pass that rescues him out a ton,but that's how he also brings up his int numbers.Main issue,is his wrs at North Carolina st were a pile of trash.Perfect case of a qb dropping but may be the jewl of the draft.

I was stuck in a showdown between Glennon and Manuel...I have elevated Glennon to my top draft qb right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    I have watched enough highlights/tape on him to understand he is being highly underrated.Yes he throws off his back-foot a ton and yes his footwork is utterly atrocious.But take my word,he makes some of the best throws I have seen other than Eli Manning.I saw him squeeze a ball between 2 defenders that was the hardest throw I have seen of any college qb.He throws a good back shoulder throw...crossing route, and vertical scheme route.He throws a good lob pass that rescues him out a ton,but that's how he also brings up his int numbers.Main issue,is his wrs at North Carolina st were a pile of trash.Perfect case of a qb dropping but may be the jewl of the draft.
    I like Glennon, I have for awhile. I think he would be a great pick for us in the second round if we can trade back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPipSLtM-GE
    2:15 you see the reminiscent Eli Manning fling pass.

I was stuck in a showdown between Glennon and Manuel...I have elevated Glennon to my top draft qb right now.
    Those are my top 2 also, really want nothing to do with Nassib or Barkley.

I think what seperates Glennon from the other qbs here is the ability to to create the ball landing between 2 defenders and being complete for a pass.That only a remote few can do as a qb and I have seen him do it plenty of highlight tapes.
    2012 SPLITS CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
    Season 330 564 4031 58.5 7.15 83 31 17 36 130.7
    Home 148 241 1449 61.4 6.01 44 12 5 13 124.2
    August 27 46 288 58.7 6.26 49 1 4 1 101.1

He is the guy I am shocked no one is talking about. Was listening to 3 scouts on the radio the other day. All of them said he was one of 2 guys with an elite up side and was actually one of the more accurate guys in workouts. All then said he'd be a 2 or 3rd rounder behind Nassib, Geno, Barkley, and Manuel. Apparently because Buff likes Nassib and Philly likes Manuel they are ranked higher. To me those are the real smoke screen for teams that like Glennon and Barkley but dont want to take them in the 1st.

I'm probably the biggest Glennon supporter on this forum...
    And agree, he makes extremely rare/hard throws that no one else in college is even attempting. He's a diamond in the rough.

I've said he's like a Flacco and Eli and stand by those comments.

Arizona is said to be very interested in Glennon in Rd. 2, so if the Jets want him, they probably will not be able to wait...

Banned
    I'd love it if we drafted Glennon. From what I've seen, he has a good arm, is pretty accurate (a lot of his incompletions were bad drops by his receivers), and he's fearless. He never panics under pressure, and makes nice throws with defenders in his face.

Glennon and Manuel are the only qb prospects I'd even consider touching in this draft. The rest can suck this dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    And agree, he makes extremely rare/hard throws that no one else in college is even attempting. He's a diamond in the rough.

Arizona is said to be very interested in Glennon in Rd. 2, so if the Jets want him, they probably will not be able to wait...
    Glennon at 39 makes a helluvalot more sense than any of these overrated scrubs at 9 or 13.

I'll take glennon....in the 3rd or 4th round. Stop with the high 2nd rounders on all of these faulty players. Glennon is nothing like Eli manning at all. He's a less mobile, worse decision making flacco with an arm not quite as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I'll take glennon....in the 3rd or 4th round. Stop with the high 2nd rounders on all of these faulty players. Glennon is nothing like Eli manning at all. He's a less mobile, worse decision making flacco with an arm not quite as good.
    Nothing like him you say? Both him and Eli throw off the back foot.Glennon like eli fits the tight rope in between 2 defender throws.Both are goofy in personality...and both are not very mobile.I see a similarity...and both are up and down.But like Eli,both can get on streaks and deliver you a superbowl ring.

All League
    Nothing like him you say? Both him and Eli throw off the back foot.Glennon like eli fits the tight rope in between 2 defender throws.Both are goofy in personality...and both are not very mobile.I see a similarity...and both are up and down.But like Eli,both can get on streaks and deliver you a superbowl ring.
    Why are any of these characteristics good?

Eli has good footwork and is very patient and elusive in the pocket. Glennons weakness is that he gets easily rattled and rushes throws when there is pressure... The opposite of Eli. You're basically saying that they are both goofy looking, yea thats why we should draft him.

All League
    If he has the first 3 years like Eli our fan base will run him out of town

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    HE LOOKS LIKE SANCHEZ @ USC TO ME.

Wide. Open. Receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post

I'm on that bandwagon with you fella...I just don't know what I'm missing about Glennon.I see he has some flaws but nothing that doesn't appear correctable

I would say in terms of just dropping back and being a pure passer, Glennon's one of the top if not the top guy in the draft. Super accurate when he's on fire, like to the inch.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    HE LOOKS LIKE SANCHEZ @ USC TO ME.

Wide. Open. Receivers.
    He had nowhere near the talent around him that Sanchez did.

I'd say Glennon reminds me of Jay Cutler when he was coming out of Vanderbilt. Big arm, with bad footwork, which was largely a result of the poor talent that he had around him. He doesn't have quite as strong of an arm as Cutler, but he also doesn't have the bad attitude.