Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    no!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    God no. Like it or not, we're not allowed to take a USC quarterback to follow up Mark. Not one like Barkley anyway. Like it or lump, but public perception, the volatile media, and USC's polarizing charisma forbids it.

I can guarantee you Idzik does not touch that scenario with his first draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely not.
    Seriously tho, im wrong like 70% of the time with this stuff, watch him turn out to be great, lol.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes god please yes. I would love the best QB in this class to be there in the 2nd round at great value. I hate USC too but if not for Sanchez and Lienart he'd be a set top 16 pick in this draft. Much better prospect then either of those guys just gets a lot of hate because of them.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    YES, he is EASILY the best QB in this draft. The whole USC thing is utterly absurd. I mean seriously, you're not going to draft a guy because of what is essentially a superstitious belief? The guy is a proven leader, a winner, and a stud on the field. Out played Andrew luck in a huge game. If we can't draft a QB from USC then you can't draft a QB from small schools that haven't produced NFL QB's before, its the same flawed logic. Have you people never heard of sample size? Just because three guys have disappointed doesn't mean every USC QB from now till the end of time will do the same. If you like the player, draft him.
    Last edited by Chupa; 04-22-2013 at 10:24 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    yes god please yes. I would love the best QB in this class to be there in the 2nd round at great value. I hate USC too but if not for Sanchez and Lienart he'd be a set top 16 pick in this draft. Much better prospect then either of those guys just gets a lot of hate because of them.
    preposterous.

dont make me, mane

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    should the Jets take him?
    Can he fill the punt protector role?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you stopped making threads, would we care?

Same answer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get Matt Leinart or Matt Cassell instead to be our 6th string qb.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would draft a QB every yr until jets found a real leader!!! Maybe even 2WO QB's a yr.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    YES, he is EASILY the best QB in this draft. The whole USC thing is utterly absurd. I mean seriously, you're not going to draft a guy because of what is essentially a superstitious belief? The guy is a proven leader, a winner, and a stud on the field. Out played Andrew luck in a huge game. If we can't draft a QB from USC then you can't draft a QB from small schools that haven't produced NFL QB's before, its the same flawed logic. Have you people never heard of sample size? Just because three guys have disappointed doesn't mean every USC QB from now till the end of time will do the same. If you like the player, draft him.
    That's just funny...first off he is not,,,but to say easily makes me think u know nothing!! Bet money u were a huge suckchez fan!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather not invite the inevitable s***storm.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    That's just funny...first off he is not,,,but to say easily makes me think u know nothing!! Bet money u were a huge suckchez fan!!
    I agree with him and I hated the Sanchez pick day 1. Cried when we passed on Crabby for him. Sanchez was not a very good prospect IMO. I always said he was a 3 year project and I never liked his attitude. To me Barkley is a LOT better.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing against Matt Barkley specifically, but I really hope we don't draft a quarterback this year, especially in the first three rounds.

It's extremely likely that Rex and staff will be let go at the end of the year, and, if that's the case, I don't want to start from square one again if the new coaching staff doesn't like our QB.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tyler Wilson and Zac Dysert are better imo

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    Exactly. Thank you, for getting that.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    This would be the only decent reason not too, in my opinion. But the ridiculous myth that "USC quarterbacks can't play" would be a really, really stupid reason not to take him. Because, you know, Matt Leinart and Mark Sanchez prove it.