Thread: I really hope...

I really hope...

We get Mingo 9, Warmack 13, Ertz 39... Or if EJ manuel falls down there.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ryan View Post
    We get Mingo 9, Warmack 13, Ertz 39... Or if EJ manuel falls down there.
    I really hope u don't get ur wish.

Veteran
    I hope the Jets go Star at 9, Warmack at 13 and then trade up from 39 to the high 20's and draft Geno Smith.

Any way you look at it, we lost bodies up front on the D. Especially with Revis gone, we HAVE to do a better job of getting to the QB quicker/more consistently.

The question is, do we take someone like Star, giving us a KILLER DL, so a later round OLB has an easier time getting to the backfield? Or do we shoot the moon with someone like Mingo and grab DL depth later on? Personally I like the former, but I'm about as far from a college scout as it gets, so I'll just sit back and watch how things unfold.

I'm DEFINITELY not in the "go O just to go O" camp. I don't want a "non-elite" TE that early, regardless of how bad we need one. On the OL, I want Cooper the most because he can play all three interior positions, which I give more value to than a "super-mauler" like Warmack. I hear the WR value is in the later rounds, so I want nothing to do with a risk like Austin.

"I really hope"
    -- we grab no more than ONE offensive player in the first round (assuming no trades)
    -- we go 2/2 on O/D with our first four picks (again, no trades)
    -- we walk away from this draft with a potential pass rusher, a safety, a WR, a TE and depth along both lines (willing to ride out the QB situation for a year unless there's a player that REALLY gets our attention/falls to us)

Of course trades would make it easier to fill more holes -- I'm just afraid this isn't a draft people want to trade INTO, but OUT OF . . .

I hope the Jets trade down to add picks and rebuild from the trenches

OL, DL, speed at WR/RB, pass rush, safety

No reaches, agree with OCCH on the QB situation, can't fix it all in a year

06 Draft was Brick and Mangold, 07 was Revis on the road to the 09 ACCCG