Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We should start Tebow and let him do his thing.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    X

Take this to CFLfootball.ca where. POSTeblow and this idiotic idea belong

Thank you.

Sane members of JI
    LOL.... Do you hear voices in your head sg3? If not then that means you are suggesting that you speak for others on here again and I thought we agreed that you would try to stop doing that.

Oh, and as to the OP. Bad idea. The Tebow thing has run its course. Or it never got started and even though it might be an attractive way to try and lock in the #1 overall pick in 2014 I think that it would just not fly at all. As nauseating as the prospect might be (and it is), I am afraid that it is Mark Sanchez all the way in 2013.
    Last edited by EM31; 04-23-2013 at 08:38 AM.

The Jets need to start developing an identity on offense. They need their young receivers and the line and running backs and maybe the QB to learn Mornhenwigs system so when 2014 rolls around most of the offense is on the same page. I don't think having Tebow at QB is condusive to that. The offense would be Tebow scrambling most of the time. No to Tebow!

Rookie
    I thought the plan was to have all the QB's on the roster compete for the starting job. If Marty & Idzik see enough potential in Tebow to keep him on the roster then I don't have a problem with him competing.

To the OP: The Jets are not going to suk this year. Idzik is putting the pieces together and we'll be competitive. I agree with those who opine that this is simply another useless Tebow thread.

Note to myself: Don't open any more Tebow threads.

All League

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    People need to f*ck off with the Tebow threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Can we have this in large, bold letters at the top of the Landing Strip?
    Please?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Let's face it, our Jets suck. We have absolutely nothing to look forward to this season. We are totally screwed until 2014 when we can dump all our baggage and bad contracts and really see a huge turn around.

Until then, we're screwed.

I've been looking at our schedule and if you didn't know already, you can just forget about the play offs this year. Without even going into the improved Miami Dolphins and how that affects the AFC East and Wildcard opportunities, we suck. This team is awful, and we'll still have Mark Sanchez this year moping around the sideline. I mean this is just really going to be awful this year.

It's like the Rex Ryan era has evolved into a heavy ball and chain we're going to have to drag all season until finally it will be all over and we'll be free the ramifications of this entire regime.

But to get there we have to go through 2013, and it's going to be a tough one. Football is gonna' start, we're gonna' be awful, Dolphin fans are gonna' get really uppity, The Pats are gonna' embarrass us, the Bills are probably even gonna' get to get their licks in. The internet is going to be a really ****ty place for a Jets fan this year.

Keep Tebow and start him

Seriously, why the hell not.

Can anyone honestly think of ANY other way to make this season even remotely exciting?

Look, the guy is no Montana but he won football games in Denver.
    What do we have to lose? Honestly? I'm not a Tebow fan but without him we're going to be in for one boring season.

I say let the kid play. If he plays and repeats his Denver Bronco miracle working, that would be better 2013 Jets football than what we're facing now, and Tebow's legend can continue to grow SOMEWHERE ELSE in 2014 when we start building a real football team again.

If he sucks and he's horrible, well, at least 2013 will have some element of fun, plus watching Sanchez back up Tebow is sweet revenge.

We're screwed anyway.

Why not?
    GO AWAY...your join date tells us where your football and JETS passion are.

PLEASE, go to Gainesville and worship at a toilet that Tebow took a dump in.

At the very least we'd have less turnovers and a handful of exciting fourth quarters.

The year is going to be a 4-6 win season anyway, so why the hell not?

But it won't happen. He's cut by July.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    I thought the plan was to have all the QB's on the roster compete for the starting job. If Marty & Idzik see enough potential in Tebow to keep him on the roster then I don't have a problem with him competing.

To the OP: The Jets are not going to suk this year. Idzik is putting the pieces together and we'll be competitive. I agree with those who opine that this is simply another useless Tebow thread.

Note to myself: Don't open any more Tebow threads.
    Agree...all the QBs

Yes

Garrard, McElroy, Simms, the mid-round rookie and the Tiajuana Turnover Machine in that order (1-5)

Teblow is NOT and never will be a QB ....so after nobody offers Idzik a conditional 9th round pick in 2042 for him ....off to the CFL, Ringling Bros, the WWE or his new career replacing Swaggart and Bakker in TV syndication

Let's face it, our Jets suck. We have absolutely nothing to look forward to this season. We are totally screwed until 2014 when we can dump all our baggage and bad contracts and really see a huge turn around.
    Actually, if you're a real fan you have a lot to look forward to...

1) Watch a lot of young, fast, players develop.
    2) A new offense with a the best OC we've had in a decade
    3) Look to see which of these young guys begin to take on leadership roles
    4) No more plodding, slow defense.
    5) Potentially a new QB (if we draft one)

While I don't expect a great team this year, I am excited to watch them get better throughout the season.

SAVE US TEBOW!
    You should be banned.

Jets Insider VIP
    The time to do this weas last year, not know.

If we did start tebow, we'd win 8 or 9 games. Thats not the plan this year. The plan is to be the worst team in the league and secure the #1 pick in 2014.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

If we did start tebow, we'd win 8 or 9 games. Thats not the plan this year. The plan is to be the worst team in the league and secure the #1 pick in 2014.
    I truly hope that is the plan.

I also hope that we do such a great job at it in the first 75% of the season that the kids get to be a little "frisky" and compete or even win one or two down the stretch once the #1 pick is locked up. That is what it looked like the Colts did when they got Luck. Maybe 12 games is is when we finally bench Mark.

If all of that works out then we are a young team showing some signs going into the 2014 draft with a ton of picks and the #1 overall pick. The GM will have political cover and salary cap cover to shed Rex and Mark and our cap situation should look downright rosey. In that case 2014 might set up as a season where we can make some noise even if we are not a serious contender to go all the way (worst to first in one year does not happen).

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

lol now that was funny.. Personally I'd much rather see Tebow than the other srubs we have. Sanchez- a gutless wonder who is gone in 14 anyway. Gerrard a easy injury waiting to happen who is likely a 1 yr rental.. McElroy has a cap gun arm. Even if Tebow somehow finds a way to play worse than Sanchez, and that would be hard work.. Worse thing can happen is we lose 1 or 2 games more. So what its a dead yr anyway, we will just in a better draft position and wont have to watch the gutless 1 play..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    lol now that was funny.. Personally I'd much rather see Tebow than the other srubs we have. Sanchez- a gutless wonder who is gone in 14 anyway. Gerrard a easy injury waiting to happen who is likely a 1 yr rental.. McElroy has a cap gun arm. Even if Tebow somehow finds a way to play worse than Sanchez, and that would be hard work.. Worse thing can happen is we lose 1 or 2 games more. So what its a dead yr anyway, we will just in a better draft position and wont have to watch the gutless 1 play..
    You have a point if only Tebow did not come with all of that attendant noise. It would be loud beyond belief and it would be neverending. Just say no to Tebow. I would actually be OK with McElroy given the current landscape of choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Go home Zarathustra. You're drunk.
    /thread.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post

Please?
    It's the zombie thread of JI. It just won't die.

HOW ABOUT NO?????????

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Jeremy Kerley should be our starting QB.
    THIS.

Jets Insider VIP
    SAVE US TEBOW!
    This kind of says it all about your mindset. Clue to the clueless: this is not religion where worshippers need saving. It is FOOTBALL. You took a wrong turn somewhere and are in the wrong place.

If you want saving, go to a Church.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 04-23-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Practice Squad
    I CAN'T WAIT until the massive purge of Tebow-tards from this board happens when he is cut - make it happen Idzik!

All Pro

Until then, we're screwed.

I've been looking at our schedule and if you didn't know already, you can just forget about the play offs this year. Without even going into the improved Miami Dolphins and how that affects the AFC East and Wildcard opportunities, we suck. This team is awful, and we'll still have Mark Sanchez this year moping around the sideline. I mean this is just really going to be awful this year.

It's like the Rex Ryan era has evolved into a heavy ball and chain we're going to have to drag all season until finally it will be all over and we'll be free the ramifications of this entire regime.

But to get there we have to go through 2013, and it's going to be a tough one. Football is gonna' start, we're gonna' be awful, Dolphin fans are gonna' get really uppity, The Pats are gonna' embarrass us, the Bills are probably even gonna' get to get their licks in. The internet is going to be a really ****ty place for a Jets fan this year.

Keep Tebow and start him

Seriously, why the hell not.

Can anyone honestly think of ANY other way to make this season even remotely exciting?

Look, the guy is no Montana but he won football games in Denver.
    What do we have to lose? Honestly? I'm not a Tebow fan but without him we're going to be in for one boring season.

I say let the kid play. If he plays and repeats his Denver Bronco miracle working, that would be better 2013 Jets football than what we're facing now, and Tebow's legend can continue to grow SOMEWHERE ELSE in 2014 when we start building a real football team again.

If he sucks and he's horrible, well, at least 2013 will have some element of fun, plus watching Sanchez back up Tebow is sweet revenge.

We're screwed anyway.

Why not?
    Or maybe waive him as soon as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    People need to f*ck off with the Tebow threads.

The guys won't even be on the opening day roster, so I don't see the point in discussing him.
    Thank you. I curse the friggin' day Tannendunce brought Tebow here. Just a completely idiotic move.

Idzik: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, RELEASE TEBOW TODAY.