Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We should start Tebow and let him do his thing.

We should start Tebow and let him do his thing.

Let's face it, our Jets suck. We have absolutely nothing to look forward to this season. We are totally screwed until 2014 when we can dump all our baggage and bad contracts and really see a huge turn around.

Until then, we're screwed.

I've been looking at our schedule and if you didn't know already, you can just forget about the play offs this year. Without even going into the improved Miami Dolphins and how that affects the AFC East and Wildcard opportunities, we suck. This team is awful, and we'll still have Mark Sanchez this year moping around the sideline. I mean this is just really going to be awful this year.

It's like the Rex Ryan era has evolved into a heavy ball and chain we're going to have to drag all season until finally it will be all over and we'll be free the ramifications of this entire regime.

But to get there we have to go through 2013, and it's going to be a tough one. Football is gonna' start, we're gonna' be awful, Dolphin fans are gonna' get really uppity, The Pats are gonna' embarrass us, the Bills are probably even gonna' get to get their licks in. The internet is going to be a really ****ty place for a Jets fan this year.

Keep Tebow and start him

Seriously, why the hell not.

Can anyone honestly think of ANY other way to make this season even remotely exciting?

Look, the guy is no Montana but he won football games in Denver.
    What do we have to lose? Honestly? I'm not a Tebow fan but without him we're going to be in for one boring season.

I say let the kid play. If he plays and repeats his Denver Bronco miracle working, that would be better 2013 Jets football than what we're facing now, and Tebow's legend can continue to grow SOMEWHERE ELSE in 2014 when we start building a real football team again.

If he sucks and he's horrible, well, at least 2013 will have some element of fun, plus watching Sanchez back up Tebow is sweet revenge.

We're screwed anyway.

Why not?

Jets Insider VIP
    People need to f*ck off with the Tebow threads.

The guys won't even be on the opening day roster, so I don't see the point in discussing him.

Yeah because Sanchez gives us the best chance to win, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

The guys won't even be on the opening day roster, so I don't see the point in discussing him.
    +99%

And the Jets are not going to intentionally tank the season. It's NOT happening, JUST like this Jackass will not be throwing ANY passes for the Jets.

I cannot WAIT for him to be GONE!

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

How much f ucking proof do we need that this guy sucks at QB?

I'd take Sanchez over Tebow EVERY TIME.

Tebow blows!

Thus never speak again Zarathustra!

SAVE US TEBOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Let's face it, our Jets suck. We have absolutely nothing to look forward to this season. We are totally screwed until 2014 when we can dump all our baggage and bad contracts and really see a huge turn around.

I've been looking at our schedule and if you didn't know already, you can just forget about the play offs this year. Without even going into the improved Miami Dolphins and how that affects the AFC East and Wildcard opportunities, we suck. This team is awful, and we'll still have Mark Sanchez this year moping around the sideline. I mean this is just really going to be awful this year.

It's like the Rex Ryan era has evolved into a heavy ball and chain we're going to have to drag all season until finally it will be all over and we'll be free the ramifications of this entire regime.

But to get there we have to go through 2013, and it's going to be a tough one. Football is gonna' start, we're gonna' be awful, Dolphin fans are gonna' get really uppity, The Pats are gonna' embarrass us, the Bills are probably even gonna' get to get their licks in. The internet is going to be a really ****ty place for a Jets fan this year.

Keep Tebow and start him

Can anyone honestly think of ANY other way to make this season even remotely exciting?

What do we have to lose? Honestly? I'm not a Tebow fan but without him we're going to be in for one boring season.

I say let the kid play. If he plays and repeats his Denver Bronco miracle working, that would be better 2013 Jets football than what we're facing now, and Tebow's legend can continue to grow SOMEWHERE ELSE in 2014 when we start building a real football team again.

If he sucks and he's horrible, well, at least 2013 will have some element of fun, plus watching Sanchez back up Tebow is sweet revenge.

We're screwed anyway.

Why not?
    It makes good business sense. It will put people in the seats. It will sell papers, generate online traffic and delight ESPN. It could also end the perception that the Jets made a horrible mistake picking him up and generate good will among fans and players that like the guy.

It also makes pretty good football sense. Tim Tebow is the perfect stop gap for a team in transition that will have a lot of new or broken pieces. There's even a slim chance he has improved as a QB. Granted it's a small sample size but he did complete almost every throw he was asked to make last year.

Veteran
    Go home Zarathustra. You're drunk.

And that's all she wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    +99%

And the Jets are not going to intentionally tank the season. It's NOT happening, JUST like this Jackass will not be throwing ANY passes for the Jets.

I cannot WAIT for him to be GONE!
    If they wanted to tank the season they would let Sanchez play

All League
    He'd have a miraculously great year, and we'd break the bank to sign him in 2014, ignoring any QB draft prospects. Then, back to teh suck.

Veteran
    SAVE US TEBOW!
    Punch yourself in the face for ne

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Jeremy Kerley should be our starting QB.

Keep Tebow and start him

We're screwed anyway.

Why not?

Please go away!!!

Keep Tebow and start him

We're screwed anyway.

Why not?
    If starting Tebow can guarantee us the 2014 overall #1 pick, them I'm all for it. Hmmmmmm..... Clowney or Bridgewater?

Waterboy

We're screwed anyway.

Why not?
    Watching Tebow go 3/18 for 20 yards and 2 INTs doesn't sound fun.
    I agree he deserves a shot to compete, but if he can't win the job in camp, CUT HIM. It's not fair to whoever has to quarterback the team to have to deal with the specter of Tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    X

Keep Tebow and start him

We're screwed anyway.

Why not?
    Take this to CFLfootball.ca where. POSTeblow and this idiotic idea belong

Thank you.

Sane members of JI

All Pro
    Can we have this in large, bold letters at the top of the Landing Strip?

All League