Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We should start Tebow and let him do his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Thank you. I curse the friggin' day Tannendunce brought Tebow here. Just a completely idiotic move.

Idzik: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, RELEASE TEBOW TODAY.
    I think Idzik will be trying to package TeBlow with the 13th pick.
    Never saw him going anywhere til the draft.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    People need to f*ck off with the Tebow threads.

The guy won't even be on the opening day roster, so I don't see the point in discussing him.
    This post should've ended the thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Yeah because Sanchez gives us the best chance to win, right?
    Over Tebow? YES.

Just because Sanchez sucks, it doesn't make Tebow better.

Love the dumb assed posts claiming the season is over in April. You would think people actually followed this sport.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images

The guys won't even be on the opening day roster, so I don't see the point in discussing him.
    +1000

Let's face it, our Jets suck. We have absolutely nothing to look forward to this season. We are totally screwed until 2014 when we can dump all our baggage and bad contracts and really see a huge turn around.

Until then, we're screwed.

I've been looking at our schedule and if you didn't know already, you can just forget about the play offs this year. Without even going into the improved Miami Dolphins and how that affects the AFC East and Wildcard opportunities, we suck. This team is awful, and we'll still have Mark Sanchez this year moping around the sideline. I mean this is just really going to be awful this year.

It's like the Rex Ryan era has evolved into a heavy ball and chain we're going to have to drag all season until finally it will be all over and we'll be free the ramifications of this entire regime.

But to get there we have to go through 2013, and it's going to be a tough one. Football is gonna' start, we're gonna' be awful, Dolphin fans are gonna' get really uppity, The Pats are gonna' embarrass us, the Bills are probably even gonna' get to get their licks in. The internet is going to be a really ****ty place for a Jets fan this year.

Keep Tebow and start him

Seriously, why the hell not.

Can anyone honestly think of ANY other way to make this season even remotely exciting?

Look, the guy is no Montana but he won football games in Denver.
    What do we have to lose? Honestly? I'm not a Tebow fan but without him we're going to be in for one boring season.

I say let the kid play. If he plays and repeats his Denver Bronco miracle working, that would be better 2013 Jets football than what we're facing now, and Tebow's legend can continue to grow SOMEWHERE ELSE in 2014 when we start building a real football team again.

If he sucks and he's horrible, well, at least 2013 will have some element of fun, plus watching Sanchez back up Tebow is sweet revenge.

We're screwed anyway.

Why not?
    Right, we brought in Marty Morningweig, a west coast offense guru to run the read option with Tebow.

And what is the sweet revenge you are talking about? You want revenge against Sanchez because he wasn't very good? That's pretty idiotic. Do you also want revenge against Holmes/Greene/Slausson/Ducasse/Hill/Keller/and just about everyone on the team for their bad play last year?

What's funny is that guys like you probably say things like "if i were GM of the Jets we would be better off" yet you post complete garbage like this.

Another one of these theads? Just DUMP it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Another one of these theads? Just DUMP it.
    If this thread gets dumped, your all thumbing your nose at God, family, and the American way.

Undrafted Free Agent
    why is every single jet fan so fair weather and listen to every analyst on TV. does this entire jet nation who is so pessimistc about 2013 forget about the last 15 years? when each and every season we go in with no expectations we do well and make the playoffs? like with adamaged chad pennington and kevan barlow at RB? like with a rookie qb (sanchez), new coach, new RB (t jones), and go to the AFC champ game? why is it that every jet fan has given up on 2013 - we havent even played one game!!! we havent even hit draft day!! jesus.

Let's face it, our Jets suck. We have absolutely nothing to look forward to this season. We are totally screwed until 2014 when we can dump all our baggage and bad contracts and really see a huge turn around.

Until then, we're screwed.

I've been looking at our schedule and if you didn't know already, you can just forget about the play offs this year. Without even going into the improved Miami Dolphins and how that affects the AFC East and Wildcard opportunities, we suck. This team is awful, and we'll still have Mark Sanchez this year moping around the sideline. I mean this is just really going to be awful this year.

It's like the Rex Ryan era has evolved into a heavy ball and chain we're going to have to drag all season until finally it will be all over and we'll be free the ramifications of this entire regime.

But to get there we have to go through 2013, and it's going to be a tough one. Football is gonna' start, we're gonna' be awful, Dolphin fans are gonna' get really uppity, The Pats are gonna' embarrass us, the Bills are probably even gonna' get to get their licks in. The internet is going to be a really ****ty place for a Jets fan this year.

Keep Tebow and start him

Seriously, why the hell not.

Can anyone honestly think of ANY other way to make this season even remotely exciting?

Look, the guy is no Montana but he won football games in Denver.
    What do we have to lose? Honestly? I'm not a Tebow fan but without him we're going to be in for one boring season.

I say let the kid play. If he plays and repeats his Denver Bronco miracle working, that would be better 2013 Jets football than what we're facing now, and Tebow's legend can continue to grow SOMEWHERE ELSE in 2014 when we start building a real football team again.

If he sucks and he's horrible, well, at least 2013 will have some element of fun, plus watching Sanchez back up Tebow is sweet revenge.

We're screwed anyway.

Why not?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetItalia View Post
    why is every single jet fan so fair weather and listen to every analyst on TV. does this entire jet nation who is so pessimistc about 2013 forget about the last 15 years? when each and every season we go in with no expectations we do well and make the playoffs? like with adamaged chad pennington and kevan barlow at RB? like with a rookie qb (sanchez), new coach, new RB (t jones), and go to the AFC champ game? why is it that every jet fan has given up on 2013 - we havent even played one game!!! we havent even hit draft day!! jesus.
    +1

as long as Idzik has a good draft, cuts Teblow as soon as possible and Garrard starts and plays the whole season keeping the Tiajuana Turnover Machine off the field, we'll be OK

What is Tebow's thing at this point? Guy hasn't played Qb in a year. Also it seems no nfl talent evaluators are interested in him at his current price tag and with the media circus he brings

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

SAVE US TEBOW!
    How can Tebow "save us" when he can't even save himself? The guy came to the Jets via private jet courtesy of John Elway and had been well coached on how to brand himself. Of course doing photo shoots for Vogue has nothing to do with football. And neither does Tim Tebow.

(-;

I don't think Tebow is a good QB (a revelolutionary thought, I know!) but I don't get why the majority of Jets fans think he's worse than Sanchez

Frankly I don't care who we start because its obviously a transition year, but if the choice is between Sanchez and Tebow I mean hell why not try Tebow. It's not like he can do worse than last so at worst it's a lateral move

But even a thought as innocuous as that gets flamed on this board. People really hate Tebow is the lesson I suppose, and since he won't realistically make us better there's no reason for them to want him over Sanchez, who is well-liked as a person despite being at best a just as bad QB as Tebow

Undrafted Free Agent
    Wow...this board is going to implode if Tebow wins the starting gig with the Jets. Spontaneous combustion will vaporize many of you.

Dude is a QB. He will sink or swim as such. If he's on the roster for TC, I would not be surprised to see him win the job.

Some of you guys will be at the proverbial crossroads then. You'll have to decide whether or not you can tolerate being a Jets fan.

I hope they keep him on the roster because it will be fun to track.

All League
    Start Tebow, go 2-14 and draft Teddy Bridgewater. QB problem solved.

Of course Tebow should start over Sanchez or McElroy. Has anyone else watched how the other 2 played this past season? If for no other reason, he should get it by default. Because of how awful Sanchez is.

That said, Tebow isn't going to repeat anything remotely similar with Rex Ryan as the coach and the lack of personnel needed to tailor the offense to a spread option offense.

No idea what's going to happen.

I also don't understand the Jets in terms of business decisions. IF you are going to try and trade a player why would you make him look like crap and worthless??????????? If I want to sell my car, I'm going to clean it up, wash it, wax it, put on brand new tires and prance it down the street. The Jets did the exact opposite.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    Of course Tebow should start over Sanchez or McElroy. Has anyone else watched how the other 2 played this past season? If for no other reason, he should get it by default. Because of how awful Sanchez is.

That said, Tebow isn't going to repeat anything remotely similar with Rex Ryan as the coach and the lack of personnel needed to tailor the offense to a spread option offense.

No idea what's going to happen.

I also don't understand the Jets in terms of business decisions. IF you are going to try and trade a player why would you make him look like crap and worthless??????????? If I want to sell my car, I'm going to clean it up, wash it, wax it, put on brand new tires and prance it down the street. The Jets did the exact opposite.
    maybe this will help

Teblow is worthless crap

and ALL the 31 other NFL teams KNOW IT

so they can dress him up in a tutu but he's not going to be the lead dancer in Swan Lake

off to Canada with this turd as soon as possible

The guys won't even be on the opening day roster, so I don't see the point in discussing him.
    Zarathustra: kindly go back to your space odyssey.

Thanks,
    A sensible Jet Fan

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    maybe this will help

Teblow is worthless crap

and ALL the 31 other NFL teams KNOW IT

so they can dress him up in a tutu but he's not going to be the lead dancer in Swan Lake

off to Canada with this turd as soon as possible
    You certainly changed your tune.