Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas town holds no grudge against exploded fertilizer plant owner

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Firefighters being trained and prepared is not the issue. They will do their job and respond to any situation. The issue is that the situation should not have existed in the first place. Inspections by the fire service, whether at the department level or by the Fire Marshal, should have revealed the hazard and determined its legality/illegality.

From the article I linked:

"Cody Dragoo, the foreman out at the plant, was a fireman," said Muska, himself one of the city's 29 firefighters. "He knew that plant better than anybody. He knew the dangers. He knew the chemicals there. Did we realize it could cause such an explosion? Yes, we knew it was volatile."

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    The plant itself stated the worst thing that may occur is a 10 minutes gas release and I'm the ignorant one?

There still hasn't been an official statement about how the fire started and once again you, the smug dork wants to attack me.
    Yep. Fully ignorant. As evidenced nearly every time you post. As you fail to realize

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Yep. Fully ignorant. As evidenced nearly every time you post. As you fail to realize
    Um, what exactly do you besides show up and comment on what I post? Is it fun to roll in and pretend you're Oz?

Jets Insider VIP
    Um, what exactly do you besides show up and comment on what I post? Is it fun to roll in and pretend you're Oz?
    As someone who has worked his entire life in chemical plants, and as someone who lost a dear friend in the accident, I'm here to tell you that you know less than nothing, as per usual, and it shows. Now, tell us, who do you think YOU are to disagree with the families of those lost and essentially accuse the owner of murder based on an opinion piece from a paper written for 3rd graders?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

From the article I linked:
    Your inability to grasp the difference between rank and file firefighters, and their leadership and Fire Marshals makes this conversation pointless.

Your inability to grasp the difference between rank and file firefighters, and their leadership and Fire Marshals makes this conversation pointless.
    You're kidding right? I posted that because the foreman of the plant was also a fireman, don't know his rank, do you? If he has been a volunteer fireman for that long of a time isn't it fair to assume he has told his chain of command what existed within the plant?

I understand you are blaming the lack of preperation and inspections.

Gee, what's chain of command? My military and law enforcement background isn't enough for you?

As someone who has worked his entire life in chemical plants, and as someone who lost a dear friend in the accident, I'm here to tell you that you know less than nothing, as per usual, and it shows. Now, tell us, who do you think YOU are to disagree with the families of those lost and essentially accuse the owner of murder based on an opinion piece from a paper written for 3rd graders?
    Negligence maybe, but not murder.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You'll have to forgive my confusion over your points, you know, seeing as you started with this...

Breibart is dead and the 12 firefighters who were killed I'm sure would of like to have known what plant actually had in their facility.
    ...and then followed it up with this...

You're kidding right? I posted that because the foreman of the plant was also a fireman, don't know his rank, do you? If he has been a volunteer fireman for that long of a time isn't it fair to assume he has told his chain of command what existed within the plant?
    Perhaps we should just let you debate with yourself.

You'll have to forgive my confusion over your points, you know, seeing as you started with this...

Gee, I should just ignore new information as it comes out?

God forbid I say anything bad about the plant.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Gee, I should just ignore new information as it comes out?

God forbid I say anything bad about the plant.
    I haven't defended the plant.

Jets Insider VIP

Arrow

Guy makes Ryan Lochte seem like Stephen Hawking

Guy makes Ryan Lochte seem like Stephen Hawking
    Ah, once again another post attacking and adding zero, yet you are the life long chemical guy. Feel free to enlighten everyone with your wisdom all mighty OZ.