Thread: ...are the jets trading down for a 1 next year?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

...are the jets trading down for a 1 next year?

hear me out...

Assuming the new GM is going to want to bring in a QB next year, and considering there are probably 2 that will go in the top 5 next year...makes sense the jets start to accumulate the firepower to make the move up if needed. Obviously if they have a new HC he is going to want to bring in his guy especially.

I think the two big questions are:

1. who falls to the jets at 9 and 13
    2. how much they like who is there based on talent, position and need

I personally dont like trading down, and i think that its going to be hard to trade down in this years draft anyways unless you take less then chart value...but this is starting to make some sense with all the news yesterday.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Extremely hard to move down this year

@BuzzOnBroad: @AdamSchefter: Teams that have made calls about moving back in draft include PHIL, DET, CLEV, BUFF, MIA. Doing what they should. Hmmm

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    thats what i am seeing on the web. i was thinking SF...but then u r talking a low first rounder this and next year...thats almost a second.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    We say that now, but at the end of the day, I'm guessing we see as much movement this year as in years past. Whether teams will be reluctant to give up 2014 picks remains to be seen.

But, I think there is some real validity to a team like the Vikes looking to move up to get a guy like Austin. Weak draft or not, they are grabbing him at #23.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    We say that now, but at the end of the day, I'm guessing we see as much movement this year as in years past. Whether teams will be reluctant to give up 2014 picks remains to be seen.

But, I think there is some real validity to a team like the Vikes looking to move up to get a guy like Austin. Weak draft or not, they are grabbing him at #23.
    Austin at 23? the NFL network was saying he is not getting out of the top 10!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

Agree with your first point, teams WILL move down because other teams with deep pockets draft pick wise want to move up.

But Austin isnt getting to 23. No way he makes it out of the top 15, too many teams ready to trade back and too many teams with firepower willing to trade up to get him.