Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Name your surprise riser and surprise slider...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Name your surprise riser and surprise slider...

Each year some guy no one expects gets drafted much higher than all of the pre draft speculation and each year one guy falls who was thought to be a solid high end player.

Who are your surprises for each of these categories?

My surprise riser is Sheldon Richardson, I think he will go higher than expected.

My surprise slider is Dee Milliner (Not the 1st Cb off the board, might not be the 2nd either and slides further than expected.)
    Last edited by Beerfish; 04-23-2013 at 12:09 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Each year some guy no one expects gets drafted much higher than all of the pore draft speculation and each year one guy falls who was thought to be a solid high end player.

Who are your surprises for each of these categories?

My surprise riser is Sheldon Richardson, I think he will go higher than expected.

My surprise slider is Dee Milliner (Not the 1st Cb off the board, might not be the 2nd either and slides further than expected.)
    Damn you took my slider. I'm going to go with Lattimore going a lot higher than expected.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Damn you took my slider. I'm going to go with Lattimore going a lot higher than expected.
    +1 on Milliner as my slider. I will snap if the Jets draft him.

I think EJ Manuel goes in the late first round. As a FSU student and former employee of the football team, I will no longer follow the Jets if they draft him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    +1 on Milliner as my slider. I will snap if the Jets draft him.

I think EJ Manuel goes in the late first round. As a FSU student and former employee of the football team, I will no longer follow the Jets if they draft him.
    Disagree big time on Manuel. Think he has the best shot of all of these QB's to be very good. His game translates well to the NFL.

As for everyone else, I think Fluker goes extremely high. Perhaps by a team looking to use him at guard. Don't think it's out of the question for us either. Gives versatility in that he can also play tackle, but has ability to be pro bowl guard.

In terms of a player dropping, I'm going to go with Vaccaro. He's a safety and that will hold him back no matter how good he is.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surprise Riser: Bacarri Rambo, FS (projected 3-4 rounder)

He just looks too good on tape to fall this far. I understand he had 2 failed drug tests but that just means he wasn't as smart as the other guys who didn't get caught. If he interviews well and puts that behind him, his skillset is more like rounds 2-3.

Surprise Faller: Cordarelle Patterson, WR (projected in top 25)

He doesn't really interview well and that might turn teams off. Still a raw prospect in a deep WR class. If I were a GM, I'd prefer someone like Hopkins who has more of a WR skillset than Patterson who is more of an athlete.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Riser: Swearinger. I say he goes in the early second round.
    Faller: I'm going to go with Geno because I think there's a shot he falls out of the first round after being considered for a time in the Top 3 overall.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with Poli on Lattimore as a riser.

For slider, I will say Keenan Allen.

Wouldn't be surprised if Lattimore is the second RB off the board and Allen falls to Round 3.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surprise riser: Justin hunter. This kid has nothing wrong with him like some of the other prospects in the draft and has prototypical size.

Faller: Jarvis jones who's stenosis will have a bigger effect on his stock than we think.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Agree with Poli on Lattimore as a riser.

For slider, I will say Keenan Allen.

Wouldn't be surprised if Lattimore is the second RB off the board and Allen falls to Round 3.
    I see Lattimore as a round 3-4 guy by a team who wants him for next year. I think if he was healthy going into this year then hes the #1 running back on the board. I would definitely consider Lattimore a riser as well though all things considered.

I'm with you when I think Keenan Allen is a bit overrated in this draft class. I just don't see first round draft prospect on tape or even with his athleticism.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if i can come up with "surprise" risers... they've all been outted. Cyprien, Haden, Brown, Nassib...

Escobar gets picked late 1st.
    Nathan Stanley is the 4th QB drafted
    Catapano goes in the 3rd.

Sliders;
    Ansah. middle to late 1st round. Too many polished prospect with less concerns.
    C. Patterson. All the way into the second round. Hopkins has replaced him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I don't know if i can come up with "surprise" risers... they've all been outted. Cyprien, Haden, Brown, Nassib...

Escobar gets picked late 1st.
    Nathan Stanley is the 4th QB drafted
    Catapano goes in the 3rd.

Sliders;
    Ansah. middle to late 1st round. Too many polished prospect with less concerns.
    C. Patterson. All the way into the second round. Hopkins has replaced him.
    That one is pretty bold. I had to a web search for him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a shot in dark... that's for sure, but the more i read and watch...

Nathan Stanley, QB, Southeastern Louisiana
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 215.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.95.
    Projected Round (2013): 6-FA.
    4/23/13: Stanley started out his career at Ole Miss before transferring to Southeastern Louisiana. The senior completed 53 percent of his passes for 1,705 yards with eight touchdowns and nine interceptions this year. Stanley also performed well at the East-West Shrine. He was not at the Combine.

Stanley displays all the physical tools NFL teams look for with a strong arm and good pocket presence. He will need some development, but could be a good sleeper for the third day of the 2013 NFL Draft.
    what few games i could find on him, looked pretty damn good.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    D.L Hayden on the rise, Dee Millner falling.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    wait a minute, lol - i meant the 5th. Geno, Nassib, Barkley and Manuel... then Stanley...

but wait, there's Glennon. OK, so he's the 6th.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Disagree big time on Manuel. Think he has the best shot of all of these QB's to be very good. His game translates well to the NFL.

As for everyone else, I think Fluker goes extremely high. Perhaps by a team looking to use him at guard. Don't think it's out of the question for us either. Gives versatility in that he can also play tackle, but has ability to be pro bowl guard.

In terms of a player dropping, I'm going to go with Vaccaro. He's a safety and that will hold him back no matter how good he is.
    Agree to disagree. I have seen EJ practice on the field and have watched every game of his. Watch the highlights of the UF FSU game this year. With that said, I have heard from people who still work for the football team (take is for what its worth) that EJ will be a Jet or a Bill.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fading away - Chance Warmack
    Rising - Brian Winters

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Riser: Tank Carradine in the top 20

I also agree on Fluker. He seems like a lock for he top 25.

Faller: Warmack -- I think he might be outside the top 20 and I would not be shocked to see Fluker get picked before him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rising - WR/ HOPKINS

Falling - LB/ & M I N G O was hiz Name O ( ruff ruff) crowd. grrrrrrrr!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rising: Fluker, Hayden

Falling: Mingo, Millner

I can see Jets taking Fluker at #9

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by suprjet View Post
    Rising: Fluker, Hayden

Falling: Mingo, Millner

I can see Jets taking Fluker at #9
    That would be too much for me. Nothing against Fluker but I would refuse to believe he would be the best option at 9 for the Jets.