Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mingo uncertain cause he played in a 4 - 3

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    I don't know how he will translate to a 3 - 4 olb.In the 4 - 3 he had 4.5 sacks...but I see very intense speed with him.But I don't know how he will translate to a 3 -4....thus this pick will be another potential Gholston bust if we make it.I never would take a conversion guy in the top 10.Too risky.I would do it if we trade back and he is still there.
    Every draft pick has risk...

And the reason he had 4.5 sacks is because LSU had their defenders containing a lot of the QB's they faced this year. That was clearly said by him and his teammates.

Go back to his 2011 film to see him rushing the passer more.

And for the billionth time, Gholston didn't fail at all because he played with his hand in the dirt more in college, he failed because he simply couldn't rush the passer at the NFL level.

All of these guys are rushing from the outside on passing downs... Comes down to whether you can do it.

After going back and forth on Mingo, I feel he's going to make it work. INjury could always change everything, but he can absolutely make it work.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Yeah, but, ugh, we swung and missed on Gholston, we can't ever draft a DE in the 1st again.

What is the matter with you, don't you know that all DEs will be exactly like VG? They all suck. And Idzik is just as blind to this as Tanny was.

Every position in football that has been taken in the 1st and has had a long list of busts. Every single one. Guess we should pass on our 1st.

Got to love how stupid this line of thinking is.
    We can't draft a QB ever. Ryan Leaf sucked.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know how good he can be, but he is fast and we need speed!! I have no problem with him at #9 or #13.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 - 4 de are close to 280 pounds.Mingo is 240 pounds right now....he will not be a de here and I have 0 clue if he can be an olb.Major risk at 10,he is similar to Manny Lawson workout warrior.
    He's not going to be drafted to play DE in a 3-4, he'll be an OLB......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rather thank Jarvis Jones over Mingo because he played in a 3 - 4.
    Plus Mingo is like 235 lbs soaking wet. Not a good fit for a 3-4... too much like Maybin IMO. I will be pissed if we end up with Mingo.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Plus Mingo is like 235 lbs soaking wet. Not a good fit for a 3-4... too much like Maybin IMO. I will be pissed if we end up with Mingo.
    Mingo was 241 at the combine and clearly has the frame for more weight. Guy is over 6'4.

Not only that, but every DE who people don't like are Gholston or Maybin. It's like every person who hates QB's wants to compare them to Sanchez.

If Von MIller and Jason Taylor can do it, Mingo can do it.

Great athleticism and the production is there against some of the best teams.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Mingo was 241 at the combine and clearly has the frame for more weight. Guy is over 6'4.

Not only that, but every DE who people don't like are Gholston or Maybin. It's like every person who hates QB's wants to compare them to Sanchez.

If Von MIller and Jason Taylor can do it, Mingo can do it.

Great athleticism and the production is there against some of the best teams.
    as much as i want to address offense, mingo has that closing speed you want. no objection taking him at 9, as long as they go offense at 13 or wherever else they draft in the first.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    as much as i want to address offense, mingo has that closing speed you want. no objection taking him at 9, as long as they go offense at 13 or wherever else they draft in the first.
    Offense lives and dies with the QB position. The rest of the positions being great can get you a top 20 offense, but to get in that top 10, you MUST have the QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Offense lives and dies with the QB position. The rest of the positions being great can get you a top 20 offense, but to get in that top 10, you MUST have the QB.
    it will be quite interesting to see if/how idzik is able to manuever and get the qb they're targeting. wonder which one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @JasonLaCanfora: For all of the chatter about the Eagles and Dion Jordan, for obvious reasons, I keep hearing more and more about Mingo in that 4th pick

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @JasonLaCanfora: For all of the chatter about the Eagles and Dion Jordan, for obvious reasons, I keep hearing more and more about Mingo in that 4th pick
    That surprises me, although it shouldn't. At Oregon, Kelly was all about speed. I can see where Mingo would entice him, if Pass Rusher is where they go.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Smokescreen